The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

iPodMcCoy

Reaction score
lol, the atmosphere like really stress

yeah. depends who serve you also. my first hair cut which exceed $10 is at
kimage prestige at plaza sing. kinda funny when its time for the hair wash, they asked me stand and helped me wear a raincoat kinda kinda top, at that moment my face was :s11::s11::s11: but the friendly (and pretty) assistant told me is to prevent water from spraying onto my shirt. haha but overall first experience is pretty good over there. :s13:

mhunter67

Reaction score
yeah. depends who serve you also. my first hair cut which exceed $10 is at
kimage prestige at plaza sing. kinda funny when its time for the hair wash, they asked me stand and helped me wear a raincoat kinda kinda top, at that moment my face was :s11::s11::s11: but the friendly (and pretty) assistant told me is to prevent water from spraying onto my shirt. haha but overall first experience is pretty good over there. :s13:

lol so class. most of them speak english or chinese?

canthelpmyself

Reaction score
Visited Lacoco today ... had volume rebonding as my hair was quite wavy and had haircut by Joel Park. I asked him to go freestyle and cut a hairstyle that will fit my face.

Service is also very good, Mrs. Kim asked me what kind of drink I'd like and personally gave me tea while I was doing up my hair! Joel also shared haircare tips and alot of other very useful information.

I smiled when I looked in the mirror when everything was done.

Very very happy overall. Will visit them for another cut in 2 months time :)

mind posting pic of your volume rebonding? wanna have a look what's the diff cos i did normal rebonding and its flat.

kaikaibird

Reaction score
$220 for volume rebonding for guys, but i got a discounted price. $40 for men's cut. It's at level 4 Orchard Central.

Hey so total u paid 260?

Volume rebonding is usually for guys with wavy/curly hair. It will straighten the hair while keeping the volume. A typical rebonding will leave the hair flat and will make a guy's hair look like a mop head. Just imagine girls rebonding.

so how does it look now? any pictures or any pictures of similar hair styles?

mhunter67

Reaction score
Is there such a cut as long layers? My previous hairdresser can only cut short layers
And is the hair salon over at cathay which charges you based on your hair length good?

zetaphonx84

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi just want to confirm, for Baby's cut @ Glitz (1st timer), the rate is $28 or $38?

Or any stylists to recommend from X'pect Studio? Thanks.

Last edited:

yunie_

Reaction score
mind posting pic of your volume rebonding? wanna have a look what's the diff cos i did normal rebonding and its flat.
the phrase volume rebonding is only used by koreans. Basically volume rebonding makes your hair thick and smooth unlike rebonding which is flat and thin.

supposed result is like what you see with korean stars. layered effect and smooth. like below

jae.bmp

havent seen actual results yet though.

kaikaibird

Reaction score
the phrase volume rebonding is only used by koreans. Basically volume rebonding makes your hair thick and smooth unlike rebonding which is flat and thin.

supposed result is like what you see with korean stars. layered effect and smooth. like below

jae.bmp

havent seen actual results yet though.

Yea thats y i wanna see a pic of the results b4 i do it haha

turnerdhr

Reaction score
Hi just want to confirm, for Baby's cut @ Glitz (1st timer), the rate is $28 or $38?

Or any stylists to recommend from X'pect Studio? Thanks.

baby charge $38.

too ex for the type of cut..... pay a bit more can get korean or jap stylist...

zetaphonx84

Master Member
Reaction score
baby charge $38.

too ex for the type of cut..... pay a bit more can get korean or jap stylist...

$38. Two month ago I cut is $28. Did she increase her price recently?

:s22::s22: why some say $28 some $38.. I think later will just call the salon ba.

If its $38, I think will try either base station, xpect studio or Artica instead. Any stylist to recommend? Thanks.

Cos Im actually leaning more towards Xpect.

Last edited:

mhunter67

Reaction score
So do you have to make appointments or just walk in? :O

EDIT: And for cutting short-medium length hair, is Glitz still okay? I went all the way back to the start of the thread and it seems that most guys that go there all got the undercut look?

Last edited:

turnerdhr

Reaction score
:s22::s22: why some say $28 some $38.. I think later will just call the salon ba.

If its $38, I think will try either base station, xpect studio or Artica instead. Any stylist to recommend? Thanks.

Cos Im actually leaning more towards Xpect.

be careful, last time i call, they say $28 over the phone, then after cut hair, talk cock..... then time to pay bill, Baby drop the bomb and said $38...! i paiseh don't bargain and paid up but felt damn tulan....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.