Question about Malacca

suangern

Reaction score
Pasar petang (4pm - 7pm) on every Saturday, at Tmn Kota Laksamana, behind Jln Tun Tan Cheng Lock.

Rippsnake

Reaction score
Hi

Wonder anyone has tried staying at service apartments?
Was thinking of Makhota Holidays Apartment or garden city apartment.

Any advice on this 2?

usermanual

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi

Wonder anyone has tried staying at service apartments?
Was thinking of Makhota Holidays Apartment or garden city apartment.

Any advice on this 2?

both apartment their rooms are quite old and lack of maintenance,
but Makhota the location is better than garden city.

buswhiz

Reaction score
For those going to Malacca by coaches, just for your information, Delima Express has moved to City Plaza, within walking distance from Paya Lebar MRT

Their office number is 67451963

blackslayer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Picture259.jpg

Let them earn our money :s13:

Ya.. one coupon 60 sen. and the coupon is so much better than sg! ours still gotta tear the date and time. theirs scratch can already

suangern

Reaction score
Ya.. one coupon 60 sen. and the coupon is so much better than sg! ours still gotta tear the date and time. theirs scratch can already
SG coupon if we tear wrong day/month/year/time, we still can paste back, depends on your handicraft skills.

Malacca coupons, if you scratch wrong, that's it.

:s13:

gt_5454

Master Member
Reaction score
Just made reservation for Equatorial ... Going there to spend a few days with wife and kid in June... Thanks for all your advice

CPL_Raju

Banned
Reaction score
Just made reservation for Equatorial ... Going there to spend a few days with wife and kid in June... Thanks for all your advice

good choice.. will be going there tmr for a short getaway.. haven stayed there since they renovated the rooms.. :s22:

crepes, satay celup, chendol, pineapple tarts here i come~ :s12:

gt_5454

Master Member
Reaction score
good choice.. will be going there tmr for a short getaway.. haven stayed there since they renovated the rooms.. :s22:

crepes, satay celup, chendol, pineapple tarts here i come~ :s12:

Enjoy your getaway bro.. Please remember to share the good places to go for the yummy food u mentioned .. Thanks in advance

CPL_Raju

Banned
Reaction score
phew.. finally back in Spore after a 2D1N at Equatorial Hotel.. stayed at the newly renovated premier room.

as it was my 5th time there.. so settled on those tried and tested food.. weather was really hot there!

first stop, Sun May Hiong pork satay at Jalan Kota Laksamana (ard Jonker Walk area).. they got varieties like pork, intestine, liver, chicken and gizzards.

next up, Hoe Kee chicken rice balls at Jonker walk, followed by Jonker 88 durian chendol.

Nedeje Patiserie mille crepes at Dataran Pahlawan megamall for tea break before heading to Ban Lee Siang satay celup at Jalan Ong Kim Wee for dinner.

on the way back see see look look at the Jonker night market.. bought Mdm Goh's pineapple tarts and a cowboy hat.. had foot massage at megamall and then tabao KFC back for supper.

next day morning had breakfast at Mac.. last time used to go Rong Mao dim sum at Jalan Tukang Besi (ard Jonker Walk area).. but this time legs too tired from the previous day walking..

checked out and had lunch at A&W.. went Jonker Walk again and had wonton mee at an unnamed coffeeshop near the stage area..

walked back and tabao the mille crepe to eat on the return trip to Spore..

sorry no photos taken.. activities were really packed at it was only a 2 day trip..

can't wait to back there again..! ;)

Last edited:

writetodonkey

Master Member
Reaction score
Next time, you can also visit The Jetty. Can go there KTV, play pool and just have a drink at the look out point. Quite a lomantic place to drink coffee with your other half.

charleytan

Reaction score
Gula melaka

hello, I was told Malacca sells pretty good quality gula melaka.. Previously my relatives brought back some for my mother but they can't remmeber the name of the shop they bought from..

I was wondering if anyone could recommend/suggest any shop(s) in Malacca selling good gula melaka?

Thanks in advance! :)

buswhiz

Reaction score
hello, I was told Malacca sells pretty good quality gula melaka.. Previously my relatives brought back some for my mother but they can't remmeber the name of the shop they bought from..

I was wondering if anyone could recommend/suggest any shop(s) in Malacca selling good gula melaka?

Thanks in advance! :)

i have tried the tan kim hock gula melaka.. is very nice.. u can go there and buy if you want.. but its rather expensive

valeon

Master Member
Reaction score
Next time, you can also visit The Jetty. Can go there KTV, play pool and just have a drink at the look out point. Quite a lomantic place to drink coffee with your other half.

Go The Jetty should visit Arena, one of the famous disco in Malacca. Live band and most important many chiobu there especially on Sat night :D

Condor

Master Member
Reaction score
If for 2 is quite worth it.

Quick estimate calculation:

1). Coach (Delima Express) Sin - Mal = $21 x 2 = $42
2). Coach (Delima Express) Mal - Sin = $11 x 2 = $22
3). Mahkota Hotel (1-Bedroom Weekend)= $100 per night
Total = $164

Above estimation is exclude hotel/bus terminal transfer.

where did you buy the return? i'm quoted $28 for th return.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.