Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mouse123

Reaction score
Power point where got $300?

Best charges $200 for 1 powerpoint and I think $100 for removal of old unit. Since my family is changing from window unit to inverters, need to have 2 powerpoints, so total cost would bw $2200.

Victor7296

Reaction score
Best charges $200 for 1 powerpoint and I think $100 for removal of old unit. Since my family is changing from window unit to inverters, need to have 2 powerpoints, so total cost would bw $2200.

Mouse123, why is there a need for 2 powerpoints?

Victor7296

Reaction score
Power point where got $300?

Yes, Coolserve charges S$300 for power point. I guess you can bargain with them for a better price. Coolserve has a pretty good website to check for brands, models and prices.

Their service team seems OK but their Sales people sucks. They send me an email quote for 2 options (ie quote on 2 brands) and never bother to follow-up with me even when I reply to their email for another brand option quote.

Victor7296

Reaction score
I used Fujitsu once, and had to repair it twice within 5 years. I posted it on this thread...

I had air-con installations thrice (incl. one by GC). IMO the GC technician really knew what he was doing.

I have a much worst experience than you with LG. I need to call every month with my FCU leaking water. LG really CMI.

sentosaubin

Reaction score

Is this the price fro Inverter Aircon?

Better dont use Korean Aircon ba.. Japanese Aircon is the way to go

mouse123

Reaction score
Is this the price fro Inverter Aircon?

Better dont use Korean Aircon ba.. Japanese Aircon is the way to go

Yup.. I find it quite cheap.. Cox most of e price I c is in the $2k-$3k range. But my family decided on mitsubishi. Now looking for recommendations on which retailer is better... Coolserve or gain city?

sentosaubin

Reaction score
Yup.. I find it quite cheap.. Cox most of e price I c is in the $2k-$3k range. But my family decided on mitsubishi. Now looking for recommendations on which retailer is better... Coolserve or gain city?

if you dont need a installment and extended warranty, go for coolserve
I am no going to use gaincity for any aircon related stuff..... Long queue just for maintenance... and when it spoilt, still need 2 weeks or so for repair... so extended warranty not useful

Victor7296

Reaction score
Because we are putting the air con in 2 rooms. And the place we are planning to install e aircon dun have a powerpoint near it. So I guess need to install ba.

Sorry, I still don't understand the need for 2 powerpoints. I thot only 1 power point needed at the Compressor. Power from the compressor will link back to the 2 FCU in your 2 rooms.

Victor7296

Reaction score

Check it out with Aircon Designs Pte Ltd (AD). They have showrooms at Kaki Bukit Ave and Bedok North St 1. AD does not take credit cards but there prices are about $100 cheaper than at Coolserve. I bought Daikin System 3 inverter from AD recently. AD's Installation and support is also pretty good.

mouse123

Reaction score
Sorry, I still don't understand the need for 2 powerpoints. I thot only 1 power point needed at the Compressor. Power from the compressor will link back to the 2 FCU in your 2 rooms.

Haha.. Ya, suppose to be likett. What I thought at first was tt a power point was needed in each FCU. Just bought e panasonic aircon from courts. They were having sales, selling at $1799 for sys 2. I think tt is very cheap liao, after looking at gain city, Best and coolserve. Hope the installer from courts would be good.. Haha

Cryptrus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My current aircon (carrier) is over 10 yrs old left by previous owner. Its failing and i am thinking to replace them. It comes with 4 room + 2 in Hall = 6 sets

But i will be changing to 4 rooms only and my family very seldom on aircon unless the night is very hot. Normally we would juz run the fan. Hence inverter aircon dun really same on my bills

Therefore i am considering getting non inverter aircon instead to save on the price. Juz checking if there is any cons for my decision.

my6600

Reaction score
My current aircon (carrier) is over 10 yrs old left by previous owner. Its failing and i am thinking to replace them. It comes with 4 room + 2 in Hall = 6 sets

But i will be changing to 4 rooms only and my family very seldom on aircon unless the night is very hot. Normally we would juz run the fan. Hence inverter aircon dun really same on my bills

Therefore i am considering getting non inverter aircon instead to save on the price. Juz checking if there is any cons for my decision.

based on the rate of electricity now, it is like 15%-20% increment per year, if u still decided to choose non-inverter, u will probably regret in future for sure, unless u only want to use the aircon for 1-2 years.

toblerone

Reaction score
Get Daikin. I was deciding between Daikin and Panasonic but bought Panasonic instead because it was cheaper by a hundred dollars or more but it wasn't that cold and powerful.

I also feel that my Panasonic is not that cold or powerful as compared with Mitsubishi. This would mean switching to lower temperature to get more colling which in turn leads to higher consumption.

So all in all, I should have decided on the Mitsubishi in the first place.....sigh.

my6600

Reaction score
I also feel that my Panasonic is not that cold or powerful as compared with Mitsubishi. This would mean switching to lower temperature to get more colling which in turn leads to higher consumption.

So all in all, I should have decided on the Mitsubishi in the first place.....sigh.

that's why buy thing should choose quality over price, the few hundred dollars may not justify the savings if you do not get what expected.

sentosaubin

Reaction score

Are you using Panasonic Inverter?
I have no problem with Panasonic, and I find them very good to use

DEBUG

Reaction score
Hi everyone, we were at a fair at expo and was looking at Mitsubishi HI aircon, the staff offer us a free upgrade to 1/2 inch aluminum pipe cos we were the last customer as everyone is packing up. Just wondering is Aluminum really better than copper?

The model we took was SRK25ZJ-S
Free upgrade Alum SWG 17
Armaflex 1/2 Insulation Class 'O'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.