FB Kor Kor's "Atas Music" Recommendation thread.

kaisoz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
23rd APRIL UPDATE

1) Too Late - Club Des Belugas
2) Azul - Natalia Clavier
3) It's Your Voodoo Working - Charles Sheffied
4) Senorita Bonita - Tape Five
5) Differente - Gotan Project
6) The Shadow Of Your Smile - Engelbert Humperdinck
7) I Remember - Karlie Bruce

I hope everyone enjoys my selection for today. Please buy the cds, purchase the MP3s from legal sites to support the artists!

Charles Sheffield Voodoo! :s12: Karlie Bruce notch bad. Haven't heard her before. Nice mix from FB.

Hearing her makes me think of Madeleine Peyroux, whom I like :).

Madeleine Peyroux - I'll look around

Latin/Spanish/French/Italian songs? Nice, don't hear much of those.

Fat_Bastard

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Kaisoz I'm a BIG fan of Madeleine Peyroux also. But her last album, Bare Bones was dissapointing :o

kaisoz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Kaisoz I'm a BIG fan of Madeleine Peyroux also. But her last album, Bare Bones was dissapointing :o
That album, I don't have. Apparently that album is all original tracks.

The 1 album I have of Peyroux is 'Careless Love', which contains nothing but covers.

Big fan you say? Notch easy, since Peyroux is quite low profile one.

Female vocallists/musicians with a great voice are very easy to like. But since this thread is also about oldies, then gonna throw out the legendary Joni Mitchell.

Joni Mitchell - My Old Man

Fat_Bastard

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
23rd APRIL UPDATE

1) Too Late - Club Des Belugas

2) Azul - Natalia Clavier

3) It's Your Voodoo Working - Charles Sheffied

4) Senorita Bonita - Tape Five

5) Differente - Gotan Project

6) The Shadow Of Your Smile - Engelbert Humperdinck

7) I Remember - Karlie Bruce

I hope everyone enjoys my selection for today. Please buy the cds, purchase the MP3s from legal sites to support the artists!

Upz for your enjoyment.

kaisoz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nice, solidus. Continuing on the theme of french song + cover version.

French cover version by Stacey Kent of Joobim's Waters of March

Fat_Bastard

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I love the Stacey Kent cover version of Waters of March. :D

Think tonight I'll post faster paced songs, I'll keep the Italian/French/Latin etc for sunday night to wind down. :o:o

Fat_Bastard

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will be updating my 24th APRIL song recommendations a few hours early as I'm going out in a while.

These songs are more upbeat and very very good to chill out too. Please give them a listen.

1) Janeiro - Mystic Diversions feat Nadine Renee

2) You Don't Have A Clue - Royksopp

3) Framed Profile - Source

4) Serge - Folk Implosion

5) Guess Who - Parov Stelar/Nekta

6) Chambermaid Swing - Parov Stelar

7) Time Is The Enemy - Quantic

kaisoz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will be updating my 24th APRIL song recommendations a few hours early as I'm going out in a while.

These songs are more upbeat and very very good to chill out too. Please give them a listen.

1) Janeiro - Mystic Diversions feat Nadine Renee
2) You Don't Have A Clue - Royksopp
3) Framed Profile - Source
4) Serge - Folk Implosion
5) Guess Who - Parov Stelar/Nekta
6) Chambermaid Swing - Parov Stelar
7) Time Is The Enemy - Quantic

Parov Stelar and Quantic, I've never heard before. They are quite goot. Bookmarked them to look out for. In fact have only heard of Royksopp. :o

Moi humble contributions.

This youtube vid of Damien Rice and Lisa Hannigan - Covers of Desafinado and Waters of March led me to discover Waters of March, which I like a lot. The song sounds weird in English for some reason.

Kraak & Smaak - Enzo - like to listen to this at night.

Kraak & Smaak - Squeeze me

Fat_Bastard

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
One final bump for my 24th April recommendations before I head out.
And thanks again Kaisoz for yr contributions. Seems like only we 2 here. :s13:

kaisoz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
One final bump for my 24th April recommendations before I head out.
And thanks again kaisoz for yr contributions. Seems like only we 2 here. :s13:
A lot of ppl have powerful music library hundreds and hundreds of gigs and CDs one. They just haven't chut their power. Case in point, ppl got ask about the recent Heineken ad song (where the man is playing a flute or something) . Some ppl can point out the song title and everything. I only recognised as something I heard before, took a long time before realising its in my music library.

Else its just the title thread - FB Kor Kor's "Atas Music" Recommendation thread. Maybe ppl think by posting on this thread they are Atas. Moi not enuff $ to qualify as atas. If talking about being a music atas, moi also not music snob. Music library is notch so current. And everyone has their own guilty pleasure music choices :o

Last contribution for the day.
Ride, from Cary Brothers, but remixed by DJ Tiësto. Weird combo, indie musician and trance DJ. But the remix works for me. Below is official video but song is the remix version.

kopitian

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

This song always reminds me of phi phi island thailand..m83 is a damn good band btw..

some good ol house music.. by far one of the best remixes i've heard.. simple but absolutely classy

sigur ros.. probably many heard of them

kaisoz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This song always reminds me of phi phi island thailand..m83 is a damn good band btw..

some good ol house music.. by far one of the best remixes i've heard.. simple but absolutely classy

sigur ros.. probably many heard of them
The Ben Watt remix ish goot. Moi like also :s12:. For ppl who may not know, Ben Watt was the male half of the inactive band Everything But the Girl (EBTG). Now he is a DJ with his own label, and married to the female half of EBTG.

Fat_Bastard

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha Kaisoz I call it "atas" cuz whenever I play these kinda songs my friends will be like "Your atas music ah?" lol. :o

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.