Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbb2007

Reaction score
Hi,

I am also looking to get a Daikin Inverter Sys 3. Any recommendation for a reliable reseller?

TIA.

bentyx

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm actually wanting to find out on the copper and aluminum pipe thingy

aluminium is least efficient in heat transfer then copper, it is actually a downgrade.

Gold > silver > copper > aluminium.

It's material is lighter then copper which suggests during installation, the chances of refrigerant leak is much higher due to bending

Class 0 insulation is an overkill, class 1 will suffice, and always run the electrical wires in a separate conduit as some contractor will use cheapo china copper wire to run ur indoor unit which sometimes will catches fire, witness b4.

DEBUG

Reaction score
I want to find out is it true tat Aluminum piping for aircon is better then Copper. if yes.. y so? because I was offered a free upgrade, if its just some gimmic then im going to ask them to change back the copper

DEBUG

Reaction score
aluminium is least efficient in heat transfer then copper, it is actually a downgrade.

Gold > silver > copper > aluminium.

It's material is lighter then copper which suggests during installation, the chances of refrigerant leak is much higher due to bending

Class 0 insulation is an overkill, class 1 will suffice, and always run the electrical wires in a separate conduit as some contractor will use cheapo china copper wire to run ur indoor unit which sometimes will catches fire, witness b4.

Got it, i rang them up and they say it got higher PSI than copper, produce less condensation. think i will call them up to revert back to copper since its a free upgrade.

thesingingbard

Master Member
Reaction score
Got it, i rang them up and they say it got higher PSI than copper, produce less condensation. think i will call them up to revert back to copper since its a free upgrade.

this is velly interesting leh. coz i've neber heard of aluminium being used as refridgerant pipes before.

i always thought that was becoz the pressure of the refridgerant inside the pipes requires a stronger metal like copper.

but the company claims the aluminium pipes can take higher PSI? hm... not unless it's very much thicker.

think you better go read up more on this leh.

btw, Gold doesn't have a higher thermal conductivity than Copper. In fact when it comes to thermal/electrical conductivity, Copper is one of the highest amongst metals.

bentyx

Master Member
Reaction score
yup, think is silver > copper > gold > aluminium.

for condensation issue, ur armaflex has solved the issue, no condensation will ever occur to ur refrigerant piping if the correct thickness and material is used on ur ref piping, due to the rising price of copper, dont be fool by using aluminium.

Ur compressor suction/discharge joint pipe is made of copper, and aluminium and copper brazing is tricky, it will have a weak link there.

BanEle

Master Member
Reaction score
My Daikin system 3 bought in 1998 finally going to up lorry soon.

I feel sad that it has finally going to retire.

I'm looking at Daikin system 3 again but do not know in the market what the available choice?

Any suggestion?

bentyx

Master Member
Reaction score
My Daikin system 3 bought in 1998 finally going to up lorry soon.

I feel sad that it has finally going to retire.

I'm looking at Daikin system 3 again but do not know in the market what the available choice?

Any suggestion?

u better order ur inverter fast, be it daikin/mitshibishi, they are out of production for their PCB, prices gonna sky rocket.

BanEle

Master Member
Reaction score
Options are given below based on today price with major electrical store

Mitsubishi
MXY3A28VA
Best Denki - $3,199 (4% discount using OCBC card)
Gain City - $2,939 (Extended Warranty 5 years) (Exclude Sus Steel Bracket $150, Upgrade Copper Pipe Gauge 22 $180)
Courts - $3,319 (Extended Warranty 5 years, Installation 2 Years)
Private Contractor - $3,000 (No Servicing)

Daikin
3MKS71ESG
Gain City - #3,469 (Exclude Sus Steel Bracket $150, Upgrade Copper Pipe Gauge 22 $180)
3MKS71ESG(Ampere limitation)
Private Contractor - $3,540 (No Servicing)

Any problem installing a 15A air con system that exceed 8.5A provided in old HDB flat??

Last edited:

wakawakaeheh

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah i just bought from allbest leh.. i nv read this thread till today.. they installing tmr

is it really tat bad??

i bought daikin from allbest

synapse

Master Member
Reaction score
Options are given below based on today price with major electrical store

Mitsubishi
MXY3A28VA
Best Denki - $3,199 (4% discount using OCBC card)
Gain City - $2,939 (Extended Warranty 5 years) (Exclude Sus Steel Bracket $150, Upgrade Copper Pipe Gauge 22 $180)
Courts - $3,319 (Extended Warranty 5 years, Installation 2 Years)
Private Contractor - $3,000 (No Servicing)

Daikin
3MKS71ESG
Gain City - #3,469 (Exclude Sus Steel Bracket $150, Upgrade Copper Pipe Gauge 22 $180)
3MKS71ESG(Ampere limitation)
Private Contractor - $3,540 (No Servicing)

Any problem installing a 15A air con system that exceed 8.5A provided in old HDB flat??

is it better in the long run to pay the $180 for the copper pipe?

Jordan

Master Member
Reaction score
I got a question for some experts here. I bought a resale house, with existing aircon (should be about 10 years old). But air-con is working well. I'm actually thinking of changing the air-con. Is it better to keep or change?

2nd question: If I do decide to change, do I need to change the piping as well?

Thanks.

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
10yrs old!
just imaging how dirty are the units and the 10yrs power consumption technology going to cause your electricity bill how much per month. moreover the system is so old it got a higher risk might breakdown anytime.
if your budget allow should go get a new eco and wallet friendly system and pls change the old piping, i see no point keeping the 10yrs old dirty piping, the joints area might have wear and tear problem that can cause gas leakage later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.