The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

yunie_

Reaction score
One more thing. I was thinking of colouring my hair to make myself look more "mature". In service line so colour cannot be too loud. What is recommended?

What are you servicing? Colouring your hair may make you looked more street smart and tough but not necessarily mature. It's more of your hairstyle leh :s7:

any hair salon to recommend in the east for guys?
my budget would be $20-$25.

i have went to storm and basestation at tampines.

the haircut at basestation is good, but the service there is kindda rude and give the bo chup attitude. my friend also kena before.

thanks! :)

Fusion salon near TP is very popular with the students there. it's cheap also, at $14. Be sure to get only the boss to cut.

heard good things about black dot studio in bedok interchange too. black dot studio

hi folks, can recommend me some products? i got hair loss problem :(

Clay: currently using gatsby grey.. very difficult to wash off..
shampoo: zup ba lang brand
medication: currently on proscar.. but still dropping alot

my friend just help me bought phyto trichovital to try (abt 80+ after discount)

Any other suggestions for shampoo and clay?

you should use hair serum or get doctor to prescribe the medicine propecia if you have genuine hair loss problem (hair has been gradually losing for a few years).

and yeah u should stop using clay since it's so hard to wash off. it will only add addtional stress on your hair follicle.

for products you can try nioxin. many salons have been using it.

Recently I accompany a friend to Jean Yip Hair Salon at Bugis Junction for a haircut and I was digusted by the behaviour of the male hair stylists , directors and trainees working there .

I was sitting near the counter waiting for my friend to have his haircut done and the male directors , hair stylists and trainees were gathered at the counter after finishing their work and i notice the males directors , hair stylists and trainees like to tease young girls and ladies whenever they walk past the counter and they always tease and shout to the young girls and ladies wether they wanna shampoo their hairs so loudly in front of the customers who are cutting their hair there .

And whenever there are young female tourists who walk past , they will tease and shout to them and ask where they are from .

Worst Still ! i even see and heard females hair stylists and trainees talking dirty jokes with the males directors , hair stylists and trainees in front of the customers so loudly .

I find that such behaviour from these jean yip hair salon staffs at bugis junction are so unprofessional , so cheap and so disgusted !

As I recognized Jean Yip Hair Salon as one of the household names salons in Singapore , I was disappointed and feel disgusted that Jean Yip Hair Salon staffs at bugis junction had behave in such a way and had totally destroy Jean Yip Hair Salon image and reputation .

If you do a quick search on the net, there is ZERO positive review for Jean Yip. They opened more than 20 salons around Singapore within a short period of time and where do they get their stylists from? you make the guess.

Is there any website to learn more abt shampoo? Like why salon brands are better than those off-the-shelf brands? Cause i know for skincare, more ex doesnt necessarily mean better.

actually it's the same for hair products. more expensive doesn't mean better. I have dandruff problems and my head and shoulders work better than the redkens or kerastases. it's all about if the shampoo is suitable for you. if you are on a budget, i suggest trying each of those cheaper shampoos for a month and if none suits you, move on to more expensive brands.

randomforumer

Reaction score
LOl??
You are a staff of glitz and a forum member?
Little wonder, back then there were so much hype about glitz.
I also find it suspicious.

dUStyEX99

Reaction score
I just bought the L'Oreal Elnett hairspray.
Yet to try its holding power BUT was overwhelmed by its scent!!!!:s13:

Smells like indian fragrances that you smell in mustafa! Sorry if it's abit racist but that the first thing i thought of!

PlayBoi

Reaction score
got good hair spray to intro?? my hair spray spray le still my hair sinks down...

Hitsugaya87

Reaction score
got good hair spray to intro?? my hair spray spray le still my hair sinks down...

Wax your hair before using spray? I use spray to let spikes last longer after using wax.

Anyway, anyone has any recommendation for non sodium laureth sulfate free shampoo? Price not a problem...

Last edited:

ElHani

Reaction score
i wanna curl my hair. those kind like big waves, not so curly.. wats that perm called? they have a term for it ryt? like ceramic perm, digital perm, etc....:s11:

zelph89

Reaction score
anyone has a good salon in tampines to recommend for guys? my budget is around $20-$30.. Thanks!

mhunter67

Reaction score
Any idea which sebastian shampoo Glitz salon use? It makes my hair all shiny and bouncy when they straighten it. And it has a really nice smell when heat is applied to it

zish82

Reaction score
hi folks, can recommend me some products? i got hair loss problem :(

Clay: currently using gatsby grey.. very difficult to wash off..
shampoo: zup ba lang brand
medication: currently on proscar.. but still dropping alot

my friend just help me bought phyto trichovital to try (abt 80+ after discount)

Any other suggestions for shampoo and clay?

Hey RoLanTo,

You can use the Arimino Spice Sister freeze wax or Sebastian Craft Clay.

Also depends on your hair length

leogeo

Master Member
Reaction score
btw, last pg of today;s URBAN got disc coupon up to 50% off for hairs ervices at Supercuts.

How to see their prices ar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.