Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sentosaubin

Reaction score
10yrs old!
just imaging how dirty are the units and the 10yrs power consumption technology going to cause your electricity bill how much per month. moreover the system is so old it got a higher risk might breakdown anytime.
if your budget allow should go get a new eco and wallet friendly system and pls change the old piping, i see no point keeping the 10yrs old dirty piping, the joints area might have wear and tear problem that can cause gas leakage later.

Better change now when you have not moved in yet..... After moving in, very messy to change the aircon with all the furniture inside

pharme

Reaction score
Which shop for Daikin (Sys 3 - Inverter)

Hi anyone recently had good experience with sales and after sales of Daikin air con (sys 3 - Inverter)? Have more or less decided Daikin over Mitsubishi and Panasonic. Read about the foul smell from Pana and Mit. Anyone would further recommend Daikin and should i go for the big establishment like GC or Courts? I do need 0% interest free instalment plan with the purchase. It's getting hot hot hot now, and my mom-in-law from Taiwan is coming over to stay with us soon in July, so need to get it fixed before the date.

Would be good if you know and can share the current price and shop's name.
thanks

pharme

Core2max

Reaction score
Foul smell is actually from mold/fungus in the cooling element... if the aircon is properly maintained, it wont give you the smell.

I am using mitsubishi and I clean the filter once a month... so far so good.

binbinbong

Reaction score
I thinking of buying panasonic multi room unit x 2 does courts selling it and at what price will be the inverter and non inventer...

Psyhur0

Reaction score
Hi bros, i have just signed for a system 2 mitsubishi inverter system.

wanna ask experienced aircon owners whether do i need to apply for any permit to place the outdoor unit or something like that?

because the installer told me only 1 room 1 hall type or rental flats have to apply for permit whereas for normal HDB flats, we do not.

However, my parents are unconvinced so i don't know who is right. Anyone can clarify?

binbinbong

Reaction score
Hi bros, i have just signed for a system 2 mitsubishi inverter system.

wanna ask experienced aircon owners whether do i need to apply for any permit to place the outdoor unit or something like that?

because the installer told me only 1 room 1 hall type or rental flats have to apply for permit whereas for normal HDB flats, we do not.

However, my parents are unconvinced so i don't know who is right. Anyone can clarify?

for my case yes they will apply for us, because due to hacking a hole on the wall

hpv500

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all, first time here in this thread....my dad went ahead to order a Sanyo system 2 which i can't find any details on it...the pricing is $2249....is Sanyo a good brand?

android

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, for those with inverter, does it really cut down on the electric bill? heard that inverter got one circuit board very easy to spoil which cost $800 to $900 for replacement?

Core2max

Reaction score
Yes it is.

If I have time, I will post the pub bill after few months using inverter aircon.

To avoid unnecessary cost, I bought extended warranty... so now total warranty is 5 years.

ShinigamiX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any1 knws anythng abt window aircons? if datz wad they call it.... will it fit any HDB window??

TIA :)

pharme

Reaction score
Just to share,
Yesterday we made a purchase:

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries
System 3 Inverter
2 x 9000 Btu and 1 x 12000Btu

Damage
System set $2536 thereabout
$107 (Btu upgrade)
Bracket $150
5 years Extended Warranty (covers parts and labour) $299
Free 16mm drainage pipe

Installation to be done on 19th...
anyone like to share notes, advices, ideas on what i should beware of during installation?

pharme

leaving_footsteps

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just to share,

System 3 Inverter

Damage
$107 (Btu upgrade)
Bracket $150
Free 16mm drainage pipe

anyone like to share notes, advices, ideas on what i should beware of during installation?

pharme

I am interested in this setup too.

Is it non-inverter/inverter?

Where did you get your this from?

Thanks.

thesingingbard

Master Member
Reaction score
Just to share,

System 3 Inverter

Damage
$107 (Btu upgrade)Bracket $150
Free 16mm drainage pipe

pharme

did the shop tell you what's Btu upgrade?

or exactly what will they do for this upgrade?

xseanyx

Reaction score
Hi, for those with inverter, does it really cut down on the electric bill? heard that inverter got one circuit board very easy to spoil which cost $800 to $900 for replacement?

For regular users, inverter should save you about 30% or more in electricity. It really depends on your usage pattern. Inverter pcb board does not spoil easily however the price for replacement is slightly higher than a non inverter type, should be around half the price that you mention though.

xseanyx

Reaction score
I am interested in this setup too.

Is it non-inverter/inverter?

Where did you get your this from?

Thanks.

Do not that Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI) is not Mitsubishi Electric (ME). Thus it's not that one that we see advertisement on tv. They are totally different brand. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.