China Tablets to recommend

websecom

Reaction score
Hi,

The touch screen is of capacitive or resistive ?

if its capacitive and from bulk order of 100 pcs at S$99
I am very keen :)

capacitive touch screen are like those use on IPADs/Iphone very fas response.

Resistive ones are slightly slower and can't do quick scrolling.
Internal processer 800 Mhz and above is fine.
ram 512 OK.

I've seen capacitive touch screen, 1 GHZ processer. 7 Inch. include shipment via EMS (reach within about 4 working days.) 2 pcs minimum about $230 or slighhtly lesser.

If you can get at $99 or even at USD 99 with bulk order of above 100 units. Pls include me :)

many Thanks.

Thanks.

What price is good price??? and quality you looking for?

surefire888

Reaction score
Do a google on Herotab C9. Looks very impressive. Capacitive screen, gps, bluetooth, hdmi out etc. Bit higher price than normal china brands - US250 but looks like one of the better quality stuff

jetpack1976

Reaction score
Do a google on Herotab C9. Looks very impressive. Capacitive screen, gps, bluetooth, hdmi out etc. Bit higher price than normal china brands - US250 but looks like one of the better quality stuff

Yes. Herotab C9 appears to be the first batch of the useable tablets from China. However, the only issues outstanding is the gryoscope and the battery life. If you check out the review on yutube, you will see that the rotating from portrait to landscape is still slightly buggy. Battery life is still untested.

For about US$250.00 before tax and freight, final cost into Singapore would be about S$350.00 (Singapore Dollars). It might not be worth it. The lower end pads coming into the market from more reputable manufacturers are in the region of about S$500.00 to S$650.00. If you wait a while, it will definately go down.

We tend to be "Western" gadget buyers. We trust the specs on the box and compare between models. Trust me, you will not know what you get if you just buy a China PAD based on the box specifications alone.

Whatever being said and done, I have destroyed one pad and is now scouting for another china pad. Its fun to play with a pad but I still refuse to pay for the IPAD which really annoys me as the OS is too "closed" for my liking. I love the screen and speed though.

China PADs are still using MID/Multimedia CPUs which are not fast enough to grant you a good experience. I believe that one of the china pads are using the Nvidia Tegra chipset but the cost is about $500 over. So you see, most manufacturers are already competing very hard on cost.

Thus, if you have the notion that a china manufacturer can use the same build quality and parts as the major manufacturers and yet charge you a lower price, stop lying to yourself. These China PADs are using inferior or low end parts to bring the cost down. You are buying an inferior product but it is still useable and value for money.

Key thing is to test and filter through the vast amount of China PADs to find a good one. That is the risk. Buy wrongly then you have just dumped the money into the drain. No chance of rescue as most issues are hardware related.

Good Luck.

jetpack1976

Reaction score
Hi,

ram 512 OK.

I've seen capacitive touch screen, 1 GHZ processer. 7 Inch. include shipment via EMS (reach within about 4 working days.) 2 pcs minimum about $230 or slighhtly lesser.

If you can get at $99 or even at USD 99 with bulk order of above 100 units. Pls include me :)

many Thanks.

Thanks.

Be warned. I have tried a so called capacitive touch screen China Pad. If you are thinking the screen is the same as Samsung Tab or IPAD, you are going to be in for a rude shock.

The screen is so called capacitive. But the response and accuracy of the touch is no where near IPAD. The sensitivity if also no where near the IPAD.

Although they say it is capacitive screen, please check it out yourself if possible. Furthermore, my friend bought one. It is okay to use at first but once the pad is loaded with widgets and other apps, the whole performance collapsed. The screen touch was so laggy. The pad was fitted with only 256mb ram and 800mhz CPU (A8). Thus, screen is important but not the only factor.

denizeny

Reaction score
How about the smartq ten? Tried the older models, build is better than most china pads

innovativeint

Banned
Reaction score
Yes. Herotab C9 appears to be the first batch of the useable tablets from China. However, the only issues outstanding is the gryoscope and the battery life. If you check out the review on yutube, you will see that the rotating from portrait to landscape is still slightly buggy. Battery life is still untested.

For about US$250.00 before tax and freight, final cost into Singapore would be about S$350.00 (Singapore Dollars). It might not be worth it. The lower end pads coming into the market from more reputable manufacturers are in the region of about S$500.00 to S$650.00. If you wait a while, it will definately go down.

We tend to be "Western" gadget buyers. We trust the specs on the box and compare between models. Trust me, you will not know what you get if you just buy a China PAD based on the box specifications alone.

Whatever being said and done, I have destroyed one pad and is now scouting for another china pad. Its fun to play with a pad but I still refuse to pay for the IPAD which really annoys me as the OS is too "closed" for my liking. I love the screen and speed though.

China PADs are still using MID/Multimedia CPUs which are not fast enough to grant you a good experience. I believe that one of the china pads are using the Nvidia Tegra chipset but the cost is about $500 over. So you see, most manufacturers are already competing very hard on cost.

Thus, if you have the notion that a china manufacturer can use the same build quality and parts as the major manufacturers and yet charge you a lower price, stop lying to yourself. These China PADs are using inferior or low end parts to bring the cost down. You are buying an inferior product but it is still useable and value for money.

Key thing is to test and filter through the vast amount of China PADs to find a good one. That is the risk. Buy wrongly then you have just dumped the money into the drain. No chance of rescue as most issues are hardware related.

Good Luck.

Talking about "Nvidia Tegra chipset", i was playing with honeycomb android 3.0 in one of the superstore and I find very hard to navigate around, it seems like android 2.2 is more easy to understand, icons bigger...

Another thing that i realised, the speed is nothing faster than the china pad that i am testing on. This remind me the time when we have win xp, vista then 7. It seems like the specification of our lappy or desktop is always upgrading but why the respond from all OS are still quite laggy. If any one free , try installing win xp or vista on your new system, you will not find it more responsive, it seems the speed is lock by the OS. (speed is this case refer to mouse click and then application respond)

As for china or branded brands, taiwan, japan, blar blar, my thoughts is whoever who can calibrate the OS with the hardware well are winners.

If anyone still using windows vista and find it slow, tweak it, save money, take away unwanted animation and u will see instant improvement...

7.40pm going off work now.. tired.........

innovativeint

Banned
Reaction score
Hi,

ram 512 OK.

many Thanks.

Thanks.

thanks for responding, my side still testing the 7 inch mid but tired after testing out 10inch hahahah...

the 10inch on the way in, should be in by next week and factory end says they fixed the battery so can charge to 100%.. wait till i receive the shipment then update..

I follow jetpack advice and source info at android community, manage to make the 10inch screen brightness as bright as ipad, i think the brightness is lock by factory to prevent battery drain. Also tested the gps, it works now...

jetpack1976

Reaction score
Hi Innovativeint,

Great to see you are still active in the China Pads. Wanted to share with you. Was googling around that this particular model caught my attention. See below for the specific specs from the manufacturer website and the current price of the pad selling in HongKong. Conversion for HK dollar is about 1 sing to 6.2 hk.

Check it out, really tempted by the good price. Any Comments from you?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

See below for the price:

innovativeint

Banned
Reaction score
Hi Innovativeint,

Great to see you are still active in the China Pads. Wanted to share with you. Was googling around that this particular model caught my attention. See below for the specific specs from the manufacturer website and the current price of the pad selling in HongKong. Conversion for HK dollar is about 1 sing to 6.2 hk.

Check it out, really tempted by the good price. Any Comments from you?

See below for the price:

err.. jetpack... you are tempted .....lolx....price seems good but can say almost no warranty or after sales service.....doubt the seller will bear the 2 way courier charges to cover the warranty. Seller maybe earning less than 100rmb (S$20), he/she sure lose money if any return.

Money aside as i think that your leisure time is more important than the price of the baby..

Buying is easy but I think nightmare started is only after you receive your new toy and may have many questions, doubts....

Communication will be a big problem with seller, lets say we write very detailed email explaining the issue to to seller and seller replied " I do not understand" ..or " I will check with supplier and reply", these are fine but the torture will be waiting for reply.

Actually i was having sleepless night after getting my first android pad hee hee and every morning i wake up, before brush teeth i will check my email, no reply..hahah...

In the end, i make phone call to factory, my mandarin sucks but lucky other end understand what i say and replied me....

Actually I flashed a rom to my pad and it cannot boot up at all. I think flashed about 3 roms and the 4th rom give me problem, think i flash with boot-loader or something, now my pad can power on but it just keep buzzing, no display...have tried all combination of keys but still the same..

The factory guy is nice and know abit of english, he trying to explain to me that my bios maybe corrupted and cannot detect micro sd card to boot, so no many matter how i try to flash again, will not work .. by the way anyone know in chinese what is bios? lolx...:look: really chicken and duck, trying to guess what each other trying to say...

Oh no, i am talking off topic, anyway in singapore, many call centre actually is base in KL, india etc.....i was calling singtel one day about my broadband problem, i told the guy over the phone at which setting page i am in, but he insist me to follow him from beginning, indeed very detailed which is good or maybe he do not understand what i saying....

Jetpack, maybe you can google around first to see if there is forums talking about this baby, at least when the seller cannot help, you still have pple in android community to ask.

Alternative, you may want to play with my new pads first which is coming in next week. It is 10inch though, 1ghz speed, 512mb ddr, 4gb storage, gps, external 3g (lolx, so far works on my starhub dongle) , mini hdmi ...

I ordered 5pcs, 1pc for my friend who need big screen as getting old, eyes cannot sell well.. and the rest sell in my retail..

maybe you can give me some feedback after you play

innovativeint

Banned
Reaction score
good news! I manage to change my 7inch china pad to honeycomb theme... check it out..! nice!

honeycombui.jpg

ipaciti

Reaction score
Hi All,

I forget where did I read but seems that Haipad M7 is equal with Dropad A8..
aliexpress.com/product-gs/346164143-7-google-android-2-2-S5PV210-512MB-1GHz-Capacitive-Dropad-A8-Tablet-PC-wholesalers.html

I myself never use China tablet before, But have done extensive research on them. So far, i opted to get one of this:
aliexpress.com/product-gs/360070700-7-Amlogic-A9-New-Arrival-Tablet-PC-Android-2-2-Bluetooth-512MB-4GB-flash-10-1-wholesalers.html

If you want to get an update news/resource for china tablet, look here:
micdigi.com
armdevices.net

You can check between pandawill, merrimobiles, and aliexpress to get the device. Be careful with seller in aliexpress, look for seller with good recommended and number of successful transactions..

Good luck

innovativeint

Banned
Reaction score
Another good news! no need spent money to buy 3G pad.

BECAUSE iphone and andriod phone have wifi hotspot/personal hotspot.

So we all can share the free data plan which come with our phones.

I not sure about symbian phones or win 7 phone if they can do the same

innovativeint

Banned
Reaction score
mini keyboard , touchpad for android pad

Another good news too!

some andriod pad has those normal usb port, some don't..

This idea just come to me and if your pad has hdmi out, convert it to media player by connecting to your tv then insert a usb 2.4ghz dongle that link to a mini wireless keyboard with touchpad and enjoy at the comfort of your sofa..lolx

This is just idea but have not test out if hdmi to tv will show all the desktop interface or only can show movie player.......

macbook.jpg

firecomet

Reaction score
Hi there,

Are you doing the $99 for the tablet deal any sooner?

interested to try out.

Wanted to see if i really need a tablet.. if yes i will get myself a ipad. :p

sky37

Reaction score
If you are looking for the Haipad M7, why not get M7+ instead?
Lighter and cost just a couple US$ more.

-nzy90

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am able to get the M7+ at $280 or at $310 with the 16GB card. Is it worth it? Anyone interested to get together? If can get 5 pieces will be $270 and $300 with 16GB card.

Also can get another 7inch tablet using Android 2.2. Running on the VIA8650 800mhz with 512mb ram for $150. Which is more worth it? Was told by the supplier that this tablet can bundle with a free leather case and discount $10 if I buy 5 pieces.

sky37

Reaction score
Does your supplier carries Dropad A8-i?
Quite similar specs to Haipad M7+.

Is the M7+ a 4GB or 8GB version?
Online prices are about $200 for 8GB (excluding shipping).

And not forgetting the 7" tablet that bro Innovativeint is bringing in...

sky37

Reaction score
Hi All,

I forget where did I read but seems that Haipad M7 is equal with Dropad A8..
aliexpress.com/product-gs/346164143-7-google-android-2-2-S5PV210-512MB-1GHz-Capacitive-Dropad-A8-Tablet-PC-wholesalers.html

I myself never use China tablet before, But have done extensive research on them. So far, i opted to get one of this:
aliexpress.com/product-gs/360070700-7-Amlogic-A9-New-Arrival-Tablet-PC-Android-2-2-Bluetooth-512MB-4GB-flash-10-1-wholesalers.html

If you want to get an update news/resource for china tablet, look here:
micdigi.com
armdevices.net

You can check between pandawill, merrimobiles, and aliexpress to get the device. Be careful with seller in aliexpress, look for seller with good recommended and number of successful transactions..

Good luck

Bro... I happened to come across this article. Thought you may want to know...
http://resources.alibaba.com/topic/800171207/Shenzhen_Eternal_Technology_Co__dont_BUY_from_them_.htm

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.