Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

KidOcelot

Reaction score
KidOCelot, no I really think you shd purse to the bottom of it, claiming all damages: time loss, opportunity costs, interests, exaggerated its seriousness, even get them to get you the special edition, at their expenses...so that they hv less to backpaddled with..You shdn;t let them off.

Pen it correctly and reinterated by voice, talk to the manager, write to the top, all depends on you. You will get something..dun get try to recover losses yrself. They hv to bear it.

Hmm I guess I will afterall, thanks for your support! :)

Is it better for me to call or e-mail their customer service? It will be a local person handling right?

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm I guess I will afterall, thanks for your support! :)
Is it better for me to call or e-mail their customer service? It will be a local person handling right?

Made a voice call to US, i'm not too sure there is a local office #, shows them u mean businesses, not some usual tame e-mailers and asian (esp.sgp) customers. (use freeIDD mobile, if line trfring to the manager is taking too long, switch to SIP calls 2 cts/min). IF got local office/rep, then better..

Lay out your max. claims and demands, including these phone calls you are making to them, manager will ask you to document them, get her name, and other names along the way. Email to them with pics and docs, and sound firm, not perhaps, maybe, etc)..Follow up with another call if you dun receive reply in 3 days or unsatisfactory settlement..and pressurize them, her/him.

This is not kiasu, but standing up for your rights, and keeping companies in check. But if u choose to be tame, then no one can help you liao.

UncleFaka

Reaction score
say my parcel arrive at cgw at oregon on friday (us time), will they be send to singapore immediately or sit at their warehouse till monday?

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
say my parcel arrive at cgw at oregon on friday (us time), will they be send to singapore immediately or sit at their warehouse till monday?
there's still a couple of steps that needs to take place. they have to match parcel to your account, and then you have to pay for the shipping charges, before they will air freight it over.

gutianleong

Reaction score
Hi guys, anyone with experience on buying laptops from USA? I have a feeling the merchant will pack the laptop(in its original box) into a bigger box for shipping, so would comgateway repacking service be good? Or should i just use vpost? Thanks!

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, anyone with experience on buying laptops from USA? I have a feeling the merchant will pack the laptop(in its original box) into a bigger box for shipping, so would comgateway repacking service be good? Or should i just use vpost? Thanks!
yes, bought a netbook from amazon b4, and it came compact.. This time gave specific instructions both on gifit card and email to merchant with order#:
'Please Keep the pkg as SMALL and COMPACT as possible. Do not pack item in bigger box, with excessive foams and airbags. Thank you'
Had experience buying camera, half shoebox size, came in double shoebox size, with a few foams and airtubes in them. When you shake the box, the camera box, bang to-and-fro. really knn.. it;s like a conspiracy btwn the merchant and cgw/vpost..

no point repacking, pay money and result may be not much diff.

KidOcelot

Reaction score
yes, bought a netbook from amazon b4, and it came compact.. This time gave specific instructions both on gifit card and email to merchant with order#:
'Please Keep the pkg as SMALL and COMPACT as possible. Do not pack item in bigger box, with excessive foams and airbags. Thank you'
Had experience buying camera, half shoebox size, came in double shoebox size, with a few foams and airtubes in them. When you shake the box, the camera box, bang to-and-fro. really knn.. it;s like a conspiracy btwn the merchant and cgw/vpost..

Personally, sometimes I worry that telling the seller (especially those private ones) to pack as small and compact as possible tips them off that it's shipping to a freight forwarder, and some might be turned off by that as they'd rather just ship to a local buyer. :S

KidOcelot

Reaction score
Made a voice call to US, i'm not too sure there is a local office #, shows them u mean businesses, not some usual tame e-mailers and asian (esp.sgp) customers. (use freeIDD mobile, if line trfring to the manager is taking too long, switch to SIP calls 2 cts/min). IF got local office/rep, then better..

Lay out your max. claims and demands, including these phone calls you are making to them, manager will ask you to document them, get her name, and other names along the way. Email to them with pics and docs, and sound firm, not perhaps, maybe, etc)..Follow up with another call if you dun receive reply in 3 days or unsatisfactory settlement..and pressurize them, her/him.

This is not kiasu, but standing up for your rights, and keeping companies in check. But if u choose to be tame, then no one can help you liao.

Well I followed up with CGW today, and got in touch with their live customer service officer on the website, who told me she would forward the issue to procurements, who then e-mailed me about it a few hours later.

And guess what? They actually tried to suggest it was my fault that I did not check the order screenshot for THEIR error. And even better, they had tried to come out with some stupid excuse that the item did not exist during the time of their ordering, and the URL I sent them for the Special Edition actually directed them to the Normal Edition.

That is a load of BS, and I am really disappointed in CGW so far.

First, I am 100% positive the item has existed on the merchant's website a least a month before I placed my order with CGW, as I had previously tried a couple of times to order it myself (but they did not accept locally-issued CCs, hence my decision to go with CGW).

Also, there is the glaring evidence that the procurement staff himself viewed the item since it's right there in the screenshot under "Recently Viewed Items". This one really self-pwned.

Not to mention they themselves e-mailed me an order placed CONFIRMATION with all the correct items and prices within, and being a first time user, how was I to know I still have to go to their website and check that this was accurate? Am I their QC now, have to make sure they don't make errors when they actually sent me explicit confirmation that they did not?

And finally, I also specified to cancel the entire order if it could only be partially fulfilled. Even if their stupid excuse that the item did not exist back then was true, who ever asked them to just go and anyhow order the Standard Edition for me?

It's like I say I wanna buy a white t-shirt, they claim it's not available, order a white singlet for me instead but actually tell me directly they ordered a white t-shirt, then now say it's my fault?! Seriously, this is very unprofessional of them, and I will pursue this all the way if I have to. Really poor service.

So again, for those even thinking of it, DO NOT USE COMGATEWAY'S CONCEIRGE SERVICE!!!!

victorchoo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well I followed up with CGW today, and got in touch with their live customer service officer on the website, who told me she would forward the issue to procurements, who then e-mailed me about it a few hours later.

And guess what? They actually tried to suggest it was my fault that I did not check the order screenshot for THEIR error. And even better, they had tried to come out with some stupid excuse that the item did not exist during the time of their ordering, and the URL I sent them for the Special Edition actually directed them to the Normal Edition.

That is a load of BS, and I am really disappointed in CGW so far.

First, I am 100% positive the item has existed on the merchant's website a least a month before I placed my order with CGW, as I had previously tried a couple of times to order it myself (but they did not accept locally-issued CCs, hence my decision to go with CGW).

Also, there is the glaring evidence that the procurement staff himself viewed the item since it's right there in the screenshot under "Recently Viewed Items". This one really self-pwned.

Not to mention they themselves e-mailed me an order placed CONFIRMATION with all the correct items and prices within, and being a first time user, how was I to know I still have to go to their website and check that this was accurate? Am I their QC now, have to make sure they don't make errors when they actually sent me explicit confirmation that they did not?

And finally, I also specified to cancel the entire order if it could only be partially fulfilled. Even if their stupid excuse that the item did not exist back then was true, who ever asked them to just go and anyhow order the Standard Edition for me?

It's like I say I wanna buy a white t-shirt, they claim it's not available, order a white singlet for me instead but actually tell me directly they ordered a white t-shirt, then now say it's my fault?! Seriously, this is very unprofessional of them, and I will pursue this all the way if I have to. Really poor service.

So again, for those even thinking of it, DO NOT USE COMGATEWAY'S CONCEIRGE SERVICE!!!!

my experience with their returns is quite ok. just fill in a form. with the airwaybill number and all other particulars.

they will refund you everything including your shipping cost.

And someone from sg's branch will call you. :o

fidodido

Master Member
Reaction score
I want to post my experience with comGateway...

I have a package supposed to send to CGW.
But the package never appear under my CGQ account for > 1 month.
I requested information from seller, who didn't give me much informationthen but accused me of giving a fake address or my address claimed to be on vacation hold, etc.

I never give up and decided to seek help from CGW.
I gave CGW whatever I know, like the content that could be in the package, etc.

Within 3-4 days, CGW actually found the package!
The reason being entirely the seller's fault for not specifying my Suite # which will link to my account!

I thus want to recommend good and reliable CGW service.

Also JFI, I accidentally chosen express service and for the last delivery, I get to receive the package from DHL within 3 days (happened to be within the week)!

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone can Join Leg Join Hand?

Help me pay Vpost for $180+, using HSBC Revolution Card, to save $23.
I will iB the amount to you, give you my login and u help me pay online, w/o revealing yr card details..

$230+ for Vpost shipping, 20% off for HSBC revolution card, 10% for the rest.
Tried b4 last time with other ccard promo, ccard name need not be vpost name, as long as card type qualify for promo price can liao.
https://www.vpost.com.sg/hsbc/index.html

Will be grateful for our hwz community sic. Pls call/msg me at 9-3-3-7-triple3-9. Thank you.

Last edited:

AshleyRiot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
BL...should be renamed BS instead...

Borderlinx....what a bloody joke...I tried to use them for the first time to see how it is...I had two items to be delivered from 20th Apr...both was thought to be lumped together in a box and shipped direct...

I only rec'd the first item last wk after I chased them as it was stuck in HK for wks....DHL couldn't deliver as one part of the items was missing...they had to wait for the 2nd item to reach before delivering together for me...I told them nvm authorized them to deliver the first item to me...Ok 1st item solved....the 2nd item I just rec'd today...I opened the box....this was what I saw...

2sblt2x.jpg

j76s91.jpg

So I paid ard 20+ to ship a bag of air to me... :s8::s13:

This is the conversation I had with their CSO just now...

ernesto: Welcome to Borderlinx. Thanks for your enquiry. Please allow me a moment while I read your query/question.

ernesto: Hello Ashley!

Ashley: Erneston, u know something? I am pretty tired of coming here for the 5th or 6th time to ask about my delivery. I expected a smooth delivery...but it has been nothing but smooth to say the least

ernesto: Im sorry you are experiencing these kind of inconveniences but would you like for me to check your order for you?

Ashley: DHL had already delivered to me just now and imagine the shock and utter disgust when I opened the package and saw nothing but a bag of sealed bag...that's all...my shaver acessories ain't inside at all!

ernesto: Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.

ernesto: This is the first time you reported this issue.

Ashley: Yes

Ashley: as I only just received my 2nd package

ernesto: Please allow me a moment while I check that for you.

Ashley: Actually it was meant to be TWO items to be lumped into one...but I not so sure why 1 item was sent last wk and this 2nd package was sent today, and the item inside is missing!

ernesto: I will be right with you.

ernesto: Just to let you know for all Citi bank users there is an insurance available for these types of situations heres the link:https://www.borderlinx.com/m/pages/citi-sg/faq/download-claim-form

ernesto: Is there anything else I may assist you with today?

Ashley: so u mean I have to fill up the claim form?

ernesto: Yes thats correct!

Ashley: fill up and mail it locally here where I live?

ernesto: Please allow me a moment while I check that for you.

ernesto: If its requests it then yes.

Ashley: alright. that's all. thanks

I had used Vpost all this while, sure their service sometimes slow but at least I got my stuffs...rest assure that this is the first and last time I be using BL services... :mad:

So what should I do now? pursue and claim insurance? I am already pretty tired of all the hassle I had encountered just to chase them and DHL to ask WTF is really going on...now I have one lost item to claim for...Zzzzz....

Last edited:

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
vpost service improved lately cf 1-2 yrs ago..

Only prob. now is that they always match invoices wrongly..
My 1 kg pkg become 9 kg, and vice versa..dun matter, unless yr small $300 pkg sabo for gst by a wrongfully big pkg...din bother for me, cos no diff.
Complete delivery also quite fast 4-5 days after payment.

The other thing to be aware with vpost is that they auto-shipped to sg b4 payment is made, once you reached 7 days, and w/o new invoices awaiting.

Last edited:

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Vpost definitely improved

vpost definitely improved. They delivered on sundays.

It was 10 am sunday today, my phone rang from a private mobile #, saying there is parcel for my home, and they are outside my door. I opened a small boy of 8-10 yo was standing my domestic us-ups parcel. When asked, he said he has been knocking for 5-10 mins..felt so bad.

looks like they are really using private 3rd party/contractors.
Keep it Up, Vpost!...and we'll forget the past blunders

Last edited:

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi,

Can I asking about the Borderlinx user here,
When I am received email from borderlinx is inform me my goods is received from my order, but when I login still no release my detail for shipping process or how much I need to paid for shipping back to Sg.

Just showing : shipping release and your card awaiting to approval.

It is will be take how long? But in the main page at small column is show, 1 goods awaiting shipping.

Thank you, if you have exprience using borderlinx account.

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi, can I ask your did you register comgateway account?

Because i saw my suite address is look like very funny not under my name.

If you are the same, pls feedback here.

Rainbow1112

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
vpost definitely improved. They delivered on sundays.

It was 10 am sunday today, my phone rang from a private mobile #, saying there is parcel for my home, and they are outside my door. I opened a small boy of 8-10 yo was standing my domestic us-ups parcel. When asked, he said he has been knocking for 5-10 mins..felt so bad.

looks like they are really using private 3rd party/contractors.
Keep it Up, Vpost!...and we'll forget the past blunders

by any chance u stay Hougang? my EMS delivery always deliver by him and he not 8-10. he sec 2 if we talking abt the same person..

kolomo

Reaction score
is there any service that doesn't charged by the volumetric weight?

Because borderlinx really suck with the vol. weight rule. a 3kg item can be charged as 7kg item:s22::s22::s22: felt like being scammed haha:s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.