HTC Care Service Centre

isakelv

Reaction score
HTC Desire Z Keyboard Very Loose

I just bought a HTC Desire Z & found out the slide keyboard is very loose after few hours, never drop or knock b4...It's okay initially.
When I called the shop, they asked me to go to HTC customer service...do you think HTC can give a 1 to 1 exchange? anyone has experience with HTC Customer Service b4?
Bad service?

demonicvic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just bought a HTC Desire Z & found out the slide keyboard is very loose after few hours, never drop or knock b4...It's okay initially.
When I called the shop, they asked me to go to HTC customer service...do you think HTC can give a 1 to 1 exchange? anyone has experience with HTC Customer Service b4?
Bad service?

1-1 exchange for first 14 days only as mentioned by HTC CSO ...

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is their aftersales really lousy? I bought an incredible s on last friday.. however one of the compartment is loose. :( I don't dare send my phone to SIS after reading this thread. T_T

MissLady

Reaction score
Is their aftersales really lousy? I bought an incredible s on last friday.. however one of the compartment is loose. :( I don't dare send my phone to SIS after reading this thread. T_T
You just bought it go and change it!!! They allow an exchange to a new set within 14 days!!! Make noise to them!! Don't just keep quiet and nod your head whatever they said later!

dan748

Reaction score
Anybody change their touchscreen before? can enlighten me on roughly how long they will take to replace it?

strongb0w

Reaction score
hi guy, some problem with my desire HD.. yesterday plug in to charge using a usb charger( charge from my desktop). suddenly the whole screen went blank the monent i plug in. after a few tries, found out that volume button is working touch sceen is working(got a friend to called mi.. still can answer) just that whole screen is black... this morning after the phone battery flat for about 1 hr, try on a again.. screen back to normal.. everythings fine till now.. should i sent the set for servicing?? anyone encounter this b4?? thx in advance...

jwfanclub

Reaction score
hi all. i just bought a desire s 2-3 days ago. the charger is spoilt. should i go to their customer service centre to get it changed for a new one?

ah_cheng1882

Reaction score
dun bother with HTC phone. Their quality is bad - just look at their service centre, only one in Singapore and its at Harbourfront...so convenient for all of us, right?

platodino

Reaction score
dun bother with HTC phone. Their quality is bad - just look at their service centre, only one in Singapore and its at Harbourfront...so convenient for all of us, right?

True that having one service centre in Singapore isn't the way to go, but that shouldn't be the only consideration in determining their service quality.

In fact, their service has been great for me. Went down to HTC service centre at 5pm on Friday and dropped my Desire HD for repair for 'dust under screen', which was still under warranty. Got my phone delivered to my doorstep at no charge on Sunday noon! That means the servicing took less than 2 days for my repair. On top of that, they gave me an additional free screen protector for me to use.

Anyway, I was told that they do free pick-up of phones for repair as well, and they gave me a hotline to call and make an appointment will do. That's what I call good service man. I don't think other phone manufacturers have such free pick-up/delivery within such a short time frame for sure. Kudos to HTC!

Andy0601a

Master Member
Reaction score
The phone operators were horrendous unless my phone's mic spoiled too, lol.

Had a hard time communicating with the lady(sounds pinoy), thank god at least she wasn't rude.

edit : arranged for courier to come pick up phone from 6pm - 8pm, now pass 8 already still nowhere to be seen :s13

update : wait till sian already went to bathe, it came while I was bathing at 8.45am, made me quite pek chek had to rush out of the toilet, fml

Last edited:

hippoheyhey

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi brothers,

I am about to call up the hotline to repair the desire earphone jack.

Phone is unrooted.

What are the things I need to do first before the collection person comes?

Backup all contacts onto sd/sim card?
Backup all data onto sd card?
Remove sd card?
Remove sim card?
What other things to take note of?

Will downloaded apps all disappear?
How to backup downloaded apps?

Andy0601a

Master Member
Reaction score
The phone operators were horrendous unless my phone's mic spoiled too, lol.

Had a hard time communicating with the lady(sounds pinoy), thank god at least she wasn't rude.

edit : arranged for courier to come pick up phone from 6pm - 8pm, now pass 8 already still nowhere to be seen :s13

update : wait till sian already went to bathe, it came while I was bathing at 8.45am, made me quite pek chek had to rush out of the toilet, fml

Updates, repair and delivery was prompt.

Send in on tues night, thurs night delivered back at 9.20pm, though there was no eta provided they just decided to drop by, luckily I got home awhile ago to be able to receive it.

Just sharing my experience with htc after sales service, cheers :s12:

elementz

Master Member
Reaction score
I had horrible experience with HTC customer service. They are not rude, but just plain bo-chup and unapologetic.

I still din get my issues solved. Sent my phone in twice, they just re-flashed the firmware, thinking that is the solution for all problems. They said if I still think there are problems, I can send in my phone again. Waste of time.

Asked me to go down to service centre to collect my phone, and end up still with courier. THen just ask me to go down again 1-2 days later. Din even apologize or anything.

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
I have this suspicion that the service centre doesn't service anything at all and it's all sent to Taiwan! Cos my volume down button wasn't working but they couldn't even tell me that their engineering side would REFUSE to service it as they deem it as 'physical damage'. Make me send in my phone then the customer service calls from Taiwan to tell me I would need to pay 300+ dollars to REPLACE THE VOLUME BUTTON even though my phone is under warranty as they do not cover "physical damage". I asked her if HTC doesn't cover software problems and don't cover "physical damage" to hardware what do they cover? And she couldn't answer me. Sent in my phone on Monday. Just now check with the customer service again, my phone not even sent out even though I told them yesterday not to touch my phone anymore and I'm not paying a cent, just give me back my phone.

This episode makes me not want to buy another HTC device ever again. Customer service is horrendous and doesn't even speak proper English. Moreover, the routing to Taiwan is probably a cheap line as there's so much cackling you can hardly hear the customer service officer.

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have this suspicion that the service centre doesn't service anything at all and it's all sent to Taiwan! Cos my volume down button wasn't working but they couldn't even tell me that their engineering side would REFUSE to service it as they deem it as 'physical damage'. Make me send in my phone then the customer service calls from Taiwan to tell me I would need to pay 300+ dollars to REPLACE THE VOLUME BUTTON even though my phone is under warranty as they do not cover "physical damage". I asked her if HTC doesn't cover software problems and don't cover "physical damage" to hardware what do they cover? And she couldn't answer me. Sent in my phone on Monday. Just now check with the customer service again, my phone not even sent out even though I told them yesterday not to touch my phone anymore and I'm not paying a cent, just give me back my phone.

This episode makes me not want to buy another HTC device ever again. Customer service is horrendous and doesn't even speak proper English. Moreover, the routing to Taiwan is probably a cheap line as there's so much cackling you can hardly hear the customer service officer.

I agree with you, i had a terrible service from HTC for my incredible S sms delay problem.

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
sigh. HTC is really hopeless! wednesday i told them to send back my phone (which was sent in on monday). thursday they say with the courier. this morning i call and ask they say with the courier since yesterday. but after waiting all day, i decided to go to the service centre, and guess what? they told me it's still at the repair centre and i would only get it back on monday!

i really can't fathom why they need to sit on my phone for so long when they're not going to service it! and why were they lying through their teeth saying it's with the courier? maybe it's cos they are safe and sound in taiwan and think we have nothing to do with them?

sky_vinz

Reaction score
*Urgent!*

My HTC Desire's screen has cracked. Does anyone knows of any solution of how, or any shops which can assist me to retrieve my phone book data and calendar data from the phone? It still starts up well though, judging from the startup melody. Just with a blank cracked screen.

icychill

Master Member
Reaction score
Called in on wednesday evening to inform of my Inc.S that needed to be sent in, got booking for 6-8pm, the courier came about 8 plus.

Almost 2 days later on friday evening near 8pm got my phone back.

I think having the courier is really not bad, only thing is that I had to repeat what i said a few times to the cust service. She was very polite though!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.