EDMW Knife Collectors

mmmmaded

Reaction score
What knife is this? So tempting.. Btw i checked out the Chicago, 440C steel, i wonder how it compares to the vg-10.

Its a friction folder by Deviant. This particular one in RWL34 steel.

To be perfectly honest... I'm not particularly picky about the steel type. The only time I've ever blunted a knife was when I was chopping blindly on some wood. Nowadays... its paper, cardboard, tape and twine. :s22:

laurenspang

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah Bro, u seem to be really testing the grey area man. Hahahaha...

When it comes u will know. Hope it comes in peace for you.

I really want the SOG Flash II but till now still pondering cos of the grey area due to term "Assisted Opening". Knn eh.

nb, i wanna pay for it oso cannot, ebay-paypal got prob....haiz
moi rike testing the system =:p

kaapuii

Reaction score
nb, i wanna pay for it oso cannot, ebay-paypal got prob....haiz
moi rike testing the system =:p

ebay the USD exchange rate also cock up. Always much higher than the actual market rate.

U try to pay again tonight. Maybe it should be working soon.

kaapuii

Reaction score
Been looking through alot of places, but can't seem to find one blade that appeals to me. WTF man.

Something wrong somewhere. Boring man.

kaapuii

Reaction score
Need a custom knife liao...

Knowledge of steel and ergonomic of knife not at the level yet like u guys. So out of qn for me man.

I actually wanted to buy an SOG Flash II Tanto Blade folder but cos of the word "Assisted Opening" I don dare buy. I checked the description and it still requires one hand opening, juz that there is a mechanism to help project out the blade. Juz like those flipper folders leh.

Perhaps the Guru Bros here can give me advise on whether is it ok to buy?
Find the folder dam nice. I realised that I like Tanto Blades.:s11:

Lonerider

Reaction score
By definition many folders including SAKs are illegal by virtue of the spring that is in the handle. Most slip joints, all backlocks, RAM etc. have a spring for blade retention. Liner and framelocks however have no springs in them. If you view it in the "spirit of the law" it exists to control (outlaw) knives which are easily concealed and easily opened. This would render a SAK legal as it cannot be deployed easily. An assisted knife may be acceptable by AED but trust me if you were arrested and are found to be in possession of an assisted knife no email or letter from the AED is going to save you. Ignorance is not a good defense. All it takes is for a landmark case to go to court for all the collectors to go down in the same boat.

kaapuii

Reaction score
By definition many folders including SAKs are illegal by virtue of the spring that is in the handle. Most slip joints, all backlocks, RAM etc. have a spring for blade retention. Liner and framelocks however have no springs in them. If you view it in the "spirit of the law" it exists to control (outlaw) knives which are easily concealed and easily opened. This would render a SAK legal as it cannot be deployed easily. An assisted knife may be acceptable by AED but trust me if you were arrested and are found to be in possession of an assisted knife no email or letter from the AED is going to save you. Ignorance is not a good defense. All it takes is for a landmark case to go to court for all the collectors to go down in the same boat.
Ahhh...thanks for the gd advise Lonerider Bro. In that case, I will not take the risk. Don't want jeopardise our collectors community also. Not worth it..

Frozenboiboi

Reaction score
Trident Tanto Black black with camo handle? (not new, but good condition)
Zero Tolerance 0350?
Who wants who wants?

speedboat

Reaction score
hi all sexperts, any lobangs for Mora Knife locally :s11:

they gotch distro in SG boh :s11:

mi wanna hoot 1 cheap & good Mora for camping use de.

my SAK CMI liaos :(

slayergut

Reaction score
Knowledge of steel and ergonomic of knife not at the level yet like u guys. So out of qn for me man.

I actually wanted to buy an SOG Flash II Tanto Blade folder but cos of the word "Assisted Opening" I don dare buy. I checked the description and it still requires one hand opening, juz that there is a mechanism to help project out the blade. Juz like those flipper folders leh.

Perhaps the Guru Bros here can give me advise on whether is it ok to buy?
Find the folder dam nice. I realised that I like Tanto Blades.:s11:

Don't really need good steel de la.haha. Even 1095 or O1 is good for use. Just camp by bladeforum's custom for sale area. Sometimes something comes up that you can't resist....

speedboat

Reaction score
What's wrong with the SAK? Where are you camping?

Moi sak fieldmaster beri old & wanna up lorry liaos

Mi go trek n camp in m'sia

the local guides there mostly using parangs & mora, all sibeh swee & cheap but dun think can pass woodlands kustoms

so looking for a local distro:(

buttie, u gotch lobang?:o

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.