Recommended Cat Food & Shops in Singapore

Yowzer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can you check the price for Solid Gold Indigo Moon, 15lbs (6.8kg) also.

thanks

loveeveryday

Reaction score
online shops?

Anybody can recommend any online shops for cat food?

I'm currently using kohepets.com; they are cheaper than PLC but they tend to be slower in their delivery and sometimes no stock which can lead to quite a long wait.
Wondering if there are any other online shops?

Used to be feeding my cats (both senior cats) Royal Canin Indoor Mature, but after awhile, noticed that 1 of the cats was getting much fatter and the other cat came down with some bladder stones.

Have recently changed to Wellness for Indoor Cats, it's more exp but the fatter cat did visibly slim down. Sigh, cat food costing me a bomb!!

Yowzer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody can recommend any online shops for cat food?

I'm currently using kohepets.com; they are cheaper than PLC but they tend to be slower in their delivery and sometimes no stock which can lead to quite a long wait.
Wondering if there are any other online shops?

Used to be feeding my cats (both senior cats) Royal Canin Indoor Mature, but after awhile, noticed that 1 of the cats was getting much fatter and the other cat came down with some bladder stones.

Have recently changed to Wellness for Indoor Cats, it's more exp but the fatter cat did visibly slim down. Sigh, cat food costing me a bomb!!

For online, this one is quite good.

http://thewaterdish.com.sg

i think there's a remark on them at the start of this thread.

Last edited:

ken_nuff

Reaction score
hi,
i just read about cat food within this thread and is really shocked to see poor quality food and tortured animal testing.

just like to ask all bros, where can i get
Solid Gold - Indigo Moon Holistic,
Taste of the wild -Rocky Mountain Feline and
Wellness Core

feed wet food/fresh meat, what are recommended?

sorry to paste a link but please help me confirm.
http://www.doggyfriend.com.sg/Wellness-Core-Cat_p_3008.html

CatLuVer

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
i now finally managed to get all my cats to eat solid gold indigo moon.

ken_nuff: U can buy the Solid Gold indigo moon at Polypets sunsetway.

Here's their address:
Blk 109 Clementi St 11 (off Sunset Way)
#01-29 Singapore 120109
Tel: 6779 5309

I usually buy the 15 lbs pack(6.8kg). If cash n carry - the price is $59.50. If home delivery means is ard $63++ . But for home delivery the orders must be above $80.

ken_nuff

Reaction score
i now finally managed to get all my cats to eat solid gold indigo moon.

ken_nuff: U can buy the Solid Gold indigo moon at Polypets sunsetway.

Here's their address:
Blk 109 Clementi St 11 (off Sunset Way)
#01-29 Singapore 120109
Tel: 6779 5309

I usually buy the 15 lbs pack(6.8kg). If cash n carry - the price is $59.50. If home delivery means is ard $63++ . But for home delivery the orders must be above $80.

hmmm ~
thats a bit far, thanks tho; how your cats react to indigo moon?
now looking for Taste of the wild & Orijen Cat & Kitten.
anyone feed their cat Orijen in SG?

Last edited:

HPY090909

Banned
Reaction score
how about canned food ? which one is recommended ? the fussie cat (big can) one seems value for money with real pieces of pilchards or other fish

Yowzer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how about canned food ? which one is recommended ? the fussie cat (big can) one seems value for money with real pieces of pilchards or other fish

Fussie, aristocat, and such are all very saltish. I think all form the same factories in Thailand, just branded differently like OEM. The canned food from the corresponding better brands like wellness, addiction, solid good are much better. Try to have less fish, esp tuna for cats if possible, fish is not their staple diet.

Pet food is really worth how much you are paying for it. Could end up with hefty medical bills.

HPY090909

Banned
Reaction score
Fussie, aristocat, and such are all very saltish. I think all form the same factories in Thailand, just branded differently like OEM. The canned food from the corresponding better brands like wellness, addiction, solid good are much better. Try to have less fish, esp tuna for cats if possible, fish is not their staple diet.

Pet food is really worth how much you are paying for it. Could end up with hefty medical bills.

not being crude but how u know its salty ah ? :s22:

genie47

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After reviewing the entire thread. It seems like the Canadian pet food companies are doing something right be it canned food or dry food.

I fed my cat GO! Natural and he takes to it easily. Pronatural and Orijen are Canadian pet food companies as well.

tatsit

Honorary Member
Reaction score
hmmm ~
thats a bit far, thanks tho; how your cats react to indigo moon?
now looking for Taste of the wild & Orijen Cat & Kitten.
anyone feed their cat Orijen in SG?
me.. i'm feeding my cats orijens cats and kittens

dojob

Reaction score
Evo is still the best for my cats.

It is made in USA. 100% All fish ingredient. Not made in China or Thailand.
I dont really know cats eat chicken. Just my 2 cents

dojob

Reaction score
w.evopet dot com/products

i know one thing. the people promoting the other brands are either distributors or seller trying to promote their own brand. Other Cats fosterer also swear by EVO in SG.

Check out that brand guys and dont fall for the other brands that has been promoted here. Downside of EVo is that it is pretty expensive but i believe in the best for my cats

lycans

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
All the research & studies have shown BARF and then natural, cooked food is still much better than dry packed food. If you literally take raw or cooked food meaning cooked plain rice or similar of course there is not enough nutrition. It refers to a balanced diet consisting of different nutrition groups. Long consumption of dry processed/packed food, kibbles are harmful & always be a poor substitute

Really? I would like to see what "studies and research" is showing BARF > cooked and pet food....

xtrname

Reaction score
w.evopet dot com/products

i know one thing. the people promoting the other brands are either distributors or seller trying to promote their own brand. Other Cats fosterer also swear by EVO in SG.

Check out that brand guys and dont fall for the other brands that has been promoted here. Downside of EVo is that it is pretty expensive but i believe in the best for my cats

Quite certain you don't represent other cat owners in Singapore. Its also quite a stretch making an assumption people must be distributors simply because they recommended some brand. Actually you sound more like a EVO marketeer than the other posts.

You may not be aware EVO is by procter & gamble. There are many pet owners, especially in the USA who swore by EVO but switched brands after it was brought over by Procter and Gamble. P & G has been boycotted by many pet owners even prior to this. There are many petshops in USA who simply refuse to carry their products on their shelves at all.

If anyone is genuinely concerned about cats or dogs, pets. Really do find out more about the manufacturers, like P & G and their cruel experimentation. And how the quality of their products have historically fallen after take-overs & mass production.

Procter & Gamble are subject to boycott from a number of animal rights groups for the large amounts of animals they use in testing their products - estimated at about 50,000 per year.

Proctor and Gamble, the largest manufacturer of household products in the U.S., conducts inhumane animal testing for many of its products. Activists charge the company with spending only a fraction of the billions they use toward advertising on finding humane ways to test their products. According to studies, the company spent $3 billion (with a "B") on advertising in 2004—compared to the $64 million spent over a 14 year period on alternative testing methods.

http://www.examiner.com/dogs-in-new...of-innova-and-evo-sells-out-to-procter-gamble

http://www.mcspotlight.org/beyond/companies/proctor.html

http://www.uncaged.co.uk/petfood.htm

http://www.iamscruelty.com/

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.