CFA Level 1 Preparation: Kaplan vs CFA Singapore vs Self-Study

mouse123

Reaction score
Hi, I have just signed up for the CFA exam at dec. Been looking to purchase study guides and came across this guide provider named elan guides. Would like to know anyone used it before? Compared to schweser and stalla, it is cheap. And judging from the comments in analystforum, it seems even better than schweser. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks!

maisatomai

Banned
Reaction score
Hi, I have just signed up for the CFA exam at dec. Been looking to purchase study guides and came across this guide provider named elan guides. Would like to know anyone used it before? Compared to schweser and stalla, it is cheap. And judging from the comments in analystforum, it seems even better than schweser. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks!
Why ask here instead of af?

maisatomai

Banned
Reaction score
Becox I am seeking some local comments ma. Over that like very ang moh likett... Haha...

I used stalla and schweser for 3 levels. Schweser is much than stalla. I dun kniw about elan but i used schweser exclusively without txtbook i passed l1+2

drifting

Reaction score
Hi peeps.. registered for my CFA Level 1 dec 2011 exam.. Noticed that the dec passing rates are always lower than the the Jun exam passing rates... any experienced peeps able to comment on whys that???

mouse123

Reaction score
Hi peeps.. registered for my CFA Level 1 dec 2011 exam.. Noticed that the dec passing rates are always lower than the the Jun exam passing rates... any experienced peeps able to comment on whys that???

I also registered for the dec 2011 exam. What I feel is that we dun have to look at the stats. Just be well-prepared andgo take e exam can le,dun bother about the rest.. Haha.. Btw did u buy any study guides from any of the prep providers?

mouse123

Reaction score
Yup I bought the full prep program... Bought schwesser set of 6 as well...

-----
This message is sent from HWZ forums iPhone app

u bought e elan guides? How did u find it? My first impression was tt it was kinda old. It was publish at oct 2010.. Which means tt they dun update their guides? gonna email them and ask...

drifting

Reaction score
u bought e elan guides? How did u find it? My first impression was tt it was kinda old. It was publish at oct 2010.. Which means tt they dun update their guides? gonna email them and ask...

No just the schweser books... how about you, did you go for a prep course or doing self-study??

maisatomai

Banned
Reaction score
Let me give HWZewrs a very important tips to pass CFA. Buy the sample exam and do it dilligently. Buy both sets:s12::s12:

mouse123

Reaction score
No just the schweser books... how about you, did you go for a prep course or doing self-study??

No. Decided to self study. Even though some of the lecturers in Kaplan were previously my lecturers in SIM. Not tt they are lousy, its just that I think attending lectures are really unproductive for me. Just go there, feel slpy, in the end nv listen much. I just bought elan guides to study. I find their video lecture quite good. It is just a alittle bit long, maybe to reinforce some of the concepts.

maisatomai

Banned
Reaction score
May I ask which sample exam are u talking about? The mock exam from CFAI? Schweser?

The mock exam from CFA insitute. I done 3 years of 3 different levels for sample mock and swear that even the mock costs $500 i will still pay for it. Get e hint?

justmelol88

Reaction score
Hi all,

this is the first time i am posting on this forum. I am interested in picking up CFA as I feel that it will be relevant for my career.

Reading through the whole list of the forum only get me more confused. I understand that you can sign up with the school or you can self study. If you self mug is it gonna be alot cheaper? what will be the current rate for the CFA examination? I am really confused :S

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.