Question about Malacca

reflush

Reaction score
Hi..
pasar malam at malaca is sat-sun night or fri-sat night?
if want go to beach(for children play), any recommend place

Shingoz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys, any recommendations for spa in malacca town area? :)

gt_5454

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys .. I am now in Malacca...drove up this morning .. Traffic was smooth as we reached tuas at 9am and 2.5 hours later at equatorial malacca already ... Now sipping coffee at Palawan ..
Wanted to eat lunch at ole sayang but closed on wed so end up eating US pizza

valeon

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys .. I am now in Malacca...drove up this morning .. Traffic was smooth as we reached tuas at 9am and 2.5 hours later at equatorial malacca already ... Now sipping coffee at Palawan ..
Wanted to eat lunch at ole sayang but closed on wed so end up eating US pizza

Opposite OCBC of Pahlawan there is Korean food restaurant. Give the grill meat a try.

valeon

Master Member
Reaction score
erm the 'clean' type? :)

Melaka Raya area has many massage outlets. The price is very competitive and some can go as low as RM56 for 2 hours of massage (body or foot) during off peak hour.

If talking about spa package, currently I think only hotels such as Holiday Inn (near swimming pool area), Renaissance, Sri Costa offer such package. The price is not cheap. Last time there was 1 @ Jonker street, next to Nancy Kitchen, but too bad now the shop converted to massage service only.

Take a look the package from Sri Costa:

http://www.hotelsericosta.com/spapromo.htm

Other than the above, pm me :D:D:D

Shingoz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Other than the above, pm me :D:D:D

thanks! that's useful.

yup i am going to this philea resort..and they charge even higher. approx $150 SGD per pax. thats why i thought of going town for massage. :(

NAYRNAT

Reaction score
Hi anyone knows or can recommend any coaches for returning trip from malacca to singapore?

valeon

Master Member
Reaction score
Oh I think I walk past this restaurant but it was closed .. Maybe I go for dinner there later .. Tks

The signboard is big at the side of the building. Remember is at 2nd floor. Ground floor is western food. Last time I went in wrongly.

valeon

Master Member
Reaction score
thanks! that's useful.

yup i am going to this philea resort..and they charge even higher. approx $150 SGD per pax. thats why i thought of going town for massage. :(

The room price already can tell the spa @ Philea resort is not cheap. :s13:

Normally I took up 4 hours massage (2 hours foot, 2 hours body) to relax with the total damage of RM112. I think this is more worth it than the spa in Malacca.

gt_5454

Master Member
Reaction score
The signboard is big at the side of the building. Remember is at 2nd floor. Ground floor is western food. Last time I went in wrongly.

Ya I think we saw the western food this afternoon... Went there to have dinner earlier ... Ordered pork, chicken and a soup
.... The bill comes up to slightly less than $100 ringgit ... Not cheap but quite reasonable .. The food is good ...

Took a walk to jonker but most shops closed .. Bought some stuff from san shu gong and had durian chendol there .. Their durian chendol sucks ....
May I know which is the good shop for chendol?

Also it seems that there is nothing much to do at night during weekdays in malacca .. Or am I missing something ? Thanks

valeon

Master Member
Reaction score
Ya I think we saw the western food this afternoon... Went there to have dinner earlier ... Ordered pork, chicken and a soup
.... The bill comes up to slightly less than $100 ringgit ... Not cheap but quite reasonable .. The food is good ...

Took a walk to jonker but most shops closed .. Bought some stuff from san shu gong and had durian chendol there .. Their durian chendol sucks ....

Also it seems that there is nothing much to do at night during weekdays in malacca .. Or am I missing something ? Thanks

Yup, the price for Korean food is around there. I think is value for money because the same food and service in SG will probably cost more than RM100 =:p.

Malacca is a bit quiet during weekdays at night. It depends on what you want to do. You can have some drinks at pubs in Melaka Raya area. If prefer noisy, can go Arena disco at The Jetty (Beside Holiday Inn). There is 名歌餐厅 (Wings) in Melaka Raya too. Also, can consider to catch a movie @ Pahlawan, massage at night or go find street food (luluk satay etc). :D

San shu gong's chendol is to con tourist de. I think you can find the famous chendol at Jonker Street (somewhere in the middle), the shop also sell nyonya food and kuih. Just ask the local if can't find.

Usually I go Nancy Kitchen to have lunch or dinner, I also order chendol as dessert. Not too bad.

temasekcity

Master Member
Reaction score

For Chendol, try 88 Jonker street. Very crowded compared to 86.

temasekcity

Master Member
Reaction score
Yup, the price for Korean food is around there. I think is value for money because the same food and service in SG will probably cost more than RM100 =:p.

Malacca is a bit quiet during weekdays at night. It depends on what you want to do. You can have some drinks at pubs in Melaka Raya area. If prefer noisy, can go Arena disco at The Jetty (Beside Holiday Inn). There is 名歌餐厅 (Wings) in Melaka Raya too. Also, can consider to catch a movie @ Pahlawan, massage at night or go find street food (luluk satay etc). :D

San shu gong's chendol is to con tourist de. I think you can find the famous chendol at Jonker Street (somewhere in the middle), the shop also sell nyonya food and kuih. Just ask the local if can't find.

Usually I go Nancy Kitchen to have lunch or dinner, I also order chendol as dessert. Not too bad.

Avoid Capitol Satay. It is a fad. Long queue but food is so-so. Nothing fantastic with peanuts if you have tried the best around the world.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.