Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
by any chance u stay Hougang? my EMS delivery always deliver by him and he not 8-10. he sec 2 if we talking abt the same person..
Queenstown, maybe runned by different freelance families, may be the same islandwide contractor.
is it true that vpost only ship out on friday? D;
Out from. Usa or out of vpostsg? Either way i doubt so.

surreal_ellezier

Reaction score
i was referring to out of USA.

googled some past year reviews,,, could it be that vpost has improved significantly as compared to the past?

edison2178

Reaction score
Vpost few months ago was better..before december last year. Now its quite slow..the parcel reach Singapore when I check can take 3 days before they deliver to my place. Previously, it was the same day or next day latest.

rowansslavegirl

Reaction score
Made a voice call to US, i'm not too sure there is a local office #, shows them u mean businesses, not some usual tame e-mailers and asian (esp.sgp) customers. (use freeIDD mobile, if line trfring to the manager is taking too long, switch to SIP calls 2 cts/min). IF got local office/rep, then better..

Lay out your max. claims and demands, including these phone calls you are making to them, manager will ask you to document them, get her name, and other names along the way. Email to them with pics and docs, and sound firm, not perhaps, maybe, etc)..Follow up with another call if you dun receive reply in 3 days or unsatisfactory settlement..and pressurize them, her/him.

This is not kiasu, but standing up for your rights, and keeping companies in check. But if u choose to be tame, then no one can help you liao.
Can please PM their phone number? LiveChat CSO driving me mad with issue of damaged shipment....getting nowhere after 1 week of livechat and NO emails received.
Thanks

Souphamster

Reaction score
Borderlinx issue on tax and weight issue

Few days back, i purchased a music keyboard and pedal from amazon. Amazon did not impose me any tax for the items. Item was shipped to borderlinx and upon check out to ship back to singapore. The Customer officer change the value of item and decided to tax me!!
The calucator is estimate charges and Lockbourne OH is a tax free as i have already checked with amazon. Borderlinx chat staff kept giving me cut and paste reasons like customer need to pay tax where merchant sent to where baa baa baa
Upon calculation on all my amount, total add up almost the same to purchase locally!!
Its misleading.. i decided not to use borderlinx again because they are not honest!
Also, the shipping weight for both my items were different on actual shipment to singapore. Amazon reflected clearly their shipping weight on their item website, however when sent to borderlinx, somehow the weight increased 2kg extra. Puzzled!!
Which means i have to pay additional $$$...

People.. please be careful on how borderlinx tax your items, no evidence on the weight increased which you bo bian got to pay... scary... all hidden cost..

I need to warned ppl here... otherwise more ppl will end up like me!

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

Few days back, i purchased a music keyboard and pedal from amazon. Amazon did not impose me any tax for the items. Item was shipped to borderlinx and upon check out to ship back to singapore. The Customer officer change the value of item and decided to tax me!!
The calucator is estimate charges and Lockbourne OH is a tax free as i have already checked with amazon. Borderlinx chat staff kept giving me cut and paste reasons like customer need to pay tax where merchant sent to where baa baa baa
Upon calculation on all my amount, total add up almost the same to purchase locally!!
Its misleading.. i decided not to use borderlinx again because they are not honest!
Also, the shipping weight for both my items were different on actual shipment to singapore. Amazon reflected clearly their shipping weight on their item website, however when sent to borderlinx, somehow the weight increased 2kg extra. Puzzled!!

People.. please be careful on how borderlinx tax your items, no evidence on the weight increased which you bo bian got to pay... scary... all hidden cost..

both these issues are due to your own ignorance, do not blame Borderlinx for them. The tax issue is the 7% GST imposed for any items shipped back to Singapore, as long as the CIF (cost, insurance, freight) value is above SGD400. The weight issue is due to Amazon quoting in actual weight, whereas Borderlinx looks at both actual weight, and volumetric weight, and charges the higher of the 2 (similar practice with other shippers). don't be too quick to blame others for your own mistakes.

Souphamster

Reaction score
both these issues are due to your own ignorance, do not blame Borderlinx for them.
Do you work for them? What do you meant by my ignorance? I have research the costing and did analysis on the pricing of my items and shipment before i did my actual purchasing using their website using their estimated calculator and there is not FAQ where singapore shipment need to pay taxes within USA, only mentioned for UK!. .

The tax issue is the 7% GST imposed for any items shipped back to Singapore, as long as the CIF (cost, insurance, freight) value is above SGD400.
B]This is not my 1st time buying things online above $400 and incurring GST. And in my previous post, did i mentioned GST TAX? Please go n read properly i am talking about USA TAXES! Stupid![/B]

The weight issue is due to Amazon quoting in actual weight, whereas Borderlinx looks at both actual weight, and volumetric weight, and charges the higher of the 2 (similar practice with other shippers). don't be too quick to blame others for your own mistakes.
As consumer, how do you expect everyone to have the knowledge and expertise to know shipping methods and measuremetns. All i care is the dollar and cents worth paying for each item, in addition, the website did have the estimated freight figure. And excuse me, what mistake did i consequence myself to use a freight agent and getting so many surcharge with my "ignorance" from your accusation?my blame??

Anyway Mr wacko, dont start your assumption in reasoning me if you are not in my shoe and pointing finger at me. This maybe internet forum but i do not appreciate flaming from you. Pls do not try to add fire to my post, i do not appreciate your input and your any feedback to my POST or neither your 2cents worth "valued" to my life. My sharing feedback here was to share intel-information to benefit other netizens on hard earn dollars and cents, also not fall for the same situation i have met.

Last edited:

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
If it is indeed USA state specific sales tax, then Amazon would have charged you for it, Borderlinx cannot charge you for USA sales tax, only the merchants. Please go confirm with Borderlinx that the additional tax you have been asked to pay is for Singapore GST.

And as for volumetric weight, I am pretty sure it's high up in their FAQ, you must have missed it in your "research".

You are upset because you feel that you have been unfairly overcharged, but come on, you still have not shown cause that Borderlinx did something wrong. Caveat emptor, learn your lesson and move on, and once again, stop taking it out on others.

tekster

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

you are blaming others for your own problems. don't be a kuku and stop posting your crap stuff here. stupid and dumb user!

amazon may charge you actual weight, borderlinx may charge you volumetric weight. it's 2 different thing. if amazon decide to pack your stuff in a larger box and you ship air, that's tough luck to you. if you still do not understand actual weight vs volumetric weight, then nobody can help you.

as for the price of the item, the customer officer of borderlinx may not know the actual value. it is you who need to ascertain the actual value with them. you can always live chat with them and tell them that the value is wrong. i've done that many times already. always putting higher but after i chat with them, they will rectify it. but you will have to send your invoice to them. so you are being kuku here again.

ya, pls scram off and stop using borderlinx. so they can give me better service instead of stupid users like you. GET LOST!

tekster

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If it is indeed USA state specific sales tax, then Amazon would have charged you for it, Borderlinx cannot charge you for USA sales tax, only the merchants. Please go confirm with Borderlinx that the additional tax you have been asked to pay is for Singapore GST.

And as for volumetric weight, I am pretty sure it's high up in their FAQ, you must have missed it in your "research".

You are upset because you feel that you have been unfairly overcharged, but come on, you still have not shown cause that Borderlinx did something wrong. Caveat emptor, learn your lesson and move on, and once again, stop taking it out on others.

i think we should stop feeding the troll. no point as he's not talking sense.

refuse to do some research or read up and choose rather on ignorance.

tekster

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyway Mr wacko, dont start your assumption in reasoning me if you are not in my shoe and pointing finger at me. This maybe internet forum but i do not appreciate flaming from you. Pls do not try to add fire to my post, i do not appreciate your input and your any feedback to my POST or neither your 2cents worth "valued" to my life. My sharing feedback here was to share intel-information to benefit other netizens on hard earn dollars and cents, also not fall for the same situation i have met.

neither do i appreciate your sharing and your feedback here. please get lost and stop forcing your own viewpoints on to others.

you can share what you like, and so can others. this forum does not belong to you alone. want to share but don't allow people to share. how childish and immature.

I do not appreciate your input and feedback to my post. so don't quote what i said and stop sharing your views either. you're not appreciated here.

btw, try importing the same items by vpost or comgateway then share again. you never buy the same items by different shippers so want to make foolish and stupid noises here. rubbish user!

Ratix0

Master Member
Reaction score
both these issues are due to your own ignorance, do not blame Borderlinx for them.
Do you work for them? What do you meant by my ignorance? I have research the costing and did analysis on the pricing of my items and shipment before i did my actual purchasing using their website using their estimated calculator and there is not FAQ where singapore shipment need to pay taxes within USA, only mentioned for UK!. .

The tax issue is the 7% GST imposed for any items shipped back to Singapore, as long as the CIF (cost, insurance, freight) value is above SGD400.
B]This is not my 1st time buying things online above $400 and incurring GST. And in my previous post, did i mentioned GST TAX? Please go n read properly i am talking about USA TAXES! Stupid![/B]

The weight issue is due to Amazon quoting in actual weight, whereas Borderlinx looks at both actual weight, and volumetric weight, and charges the higher of the 2 (similar practice with other shippers). don't be too quick to blame others for your own mistakes.
As consumer, how do you expect everyone to have the knowledge and expertise to know shipping methods and measuremetns. All i care is the dollar and cents worth paying for each item, in addition, the website did have the estimated freight figure. And excuse me, what mistake did i consequence myself to use a freight agent and getting so many surcharge with my "ignorance" from your accusation?my blame??

I think you're the stupid one. If you don't know how to ship things, then don't ship. Don't anyhow ship and blame your own ignorance on others. Douchebag.

xusykl

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

dumb user is dumb.. :s13:

mac_oasis

Master Member
Reaction score
hi ,

can i check with all whom use vpost, recently i have purchase an item from rakuten and the seller replied that the item is out of stock. As i have paid using credit card, will the seller be able to refund me ?

si.kampret

Reaction score
Has anyone used shipito before?
they offer shipping system with cheapest rate I ever knew, but it depends on how much interest for every destination

.shipito.com/14-shipito-services/12703-shipsourcing-new-way-of-shipping

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi ,
can i check with all whom use vpost, recently i have purchase an item from rakuten and the seller replied that the item is out of stock. As i have paid using credit card, will the seller be able to refund me ?
What has this got to do with yr sg shipper?
Just ask rakuten to process refund, if u cant wait.
Has anyone used shipito before?
they offer shipping system with cheapest rate I ever knew, but it depends on how much interest for every destination

.shipito.com/14-shipito-services/12703-shipsourcing-new-way-of-shipping
Create acct just twto advrrtise? Bogus bo?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.