Earphone Review: Battle of sub $80 in-ears earphones plus others!

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just a quick check, what models of earpiece are available in singapore (shops, online shops, MO) with attached mic? such as UE Tf10vi... budget of 100.. asking for a friend.

JGXENX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just a quick check, what models of earpiece are available in singapore (shops, online shops, MO) with attached mic? such as UE Tf10vi... budget of 100.. asking for a friend.

$50 should be able to get you a UE 200vi @ Stereo.
C6564_0_med_v1_m56577569830938060.JPG

summersky1986

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm looking for a pair of iems to go with my clip+. I used a klipsh s4i previously and only find the whole experience so-so. My budget's around 200, hope you guys can make recommendations.

I listen to a wide genre, from country to hard rock.

pikmin23

Reaction score
hmm think the Vsonic GR07 will be good for you? Saw it on head-fi seems pretty good stuff and judging by teh reviewer its a good allrounder

lordie

Reaction score
my a-jays 3 died, left side no sound.. WTF.. thinking of getting a-jays 4 *grinz.

anyone know if a-jays 4 suffer the same problem or any recomendation that has the same ip4 earphones tip/jack profile as i am using vapor4 case wihich limits the type of jack/tips i can use.

Tord__

Reaction score
^mine a-jays 3 died too. no warnings at all. juz suddenly stop work on the left side. i think theres a loose connection on the jack. really disappointed with the build. bought for less than a year no mishandling, i always curl the cable round my fingers and keep in the provided case.
shall stay away from jays!

cdquek

Reaction score
my a-jay's two died today too. Left side. Seems like this is a common problem among the A-Jays.

Looking for a decent earphone to replace it. Budget less than $120. Any recommendations?

I watch movies more on iphone, so clarity is quite important to me. As for music, I cant differentiate anything, so it probably doesnt matter.

Thanks guys.

Hmmm... But how's the sound like on the jays?

rAcEr

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
being more of a bass person i prefer the Brainwavz M1 in comparison with the Soundmagic PL30. Just seems more fun overall when im listening to music.

Tarcius

Reaction score
my a-jay's two died today too. Left side. Seems like this is a common problem among the A-Jays.

Looking for a decent earphone to replace it. Budget less than $120. Any recommendations?

I watch movies more on iphone, so clarity is quite important to me. As for music, I cant differentiate anything, so it probably doesnt matter.

Thanks guys.
u can try beyerdynamic DTX 80. Beyerdynamic is well known for it's clarity.
RE0 is good as well but it's over your budget. But no harm trying. :)

pharoahx

Reaction score
Hey guys, imma looking for a IEM to replace my EP630. My budget is around $50-$70. Not really an audiophile but more like looking for a IEM that is of decent sound quality and comfort around that of EP630. Below is some of the IEM that i had gathered reading through some of the reviews lying around. Needed advice in the few models below before making a decision to go back to EP630 or to get an "upgrade".

1) Sound Magic PL30 (~$45)
2) Beyerdynamic DTX80 (~$70)
3) a-Jays One/Two (~$50/~$70)
4) Brainwavz M1/M2 (~$45/~$70)
5) Fischer Audio Equilibrium v2 (~50)

Feel free to intro some comparable models as well as the estimated price yea?

ThankS!!

shinichi84

Reaction score
Hi all, I just got myself Klipsch S4 IEM, but when I plug it into my ears it sounds very "deep" & "muffed" without details on highs, is this normal for IEM? Could that be I've got a counterfeit item?

PTmarcus

Reaction score
Hi all, I just got myself Klipsch S4 IEM, but when I plug it into my ears it sounds very "deep" & "muffed" without details on highs, is this normal for IEM? Could that be I've got a counterfeit item?

guess you might need to do abit of "burn-in" :)

ckryan3

Reaction score
guess you might need to do abit of "burn-in" :)

It's an IEM.... most of the time IEMs don't require much burn-in, and don't improve much. Main purpose of burn-in is to get the driver to "loosen up" a little, which generally improves bass quality/quantity.... not much effect on highs... I think....

Anyway, some of the Jaben in-house brand earphones do pretty decently, for <$80. Can't really think of any specific model names atm though..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.