Prepaid Data Plan for Australia

FireHobbit

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I had just came back from Australia for a trip and have a lot of encounter with all the different Company on the different data 3g/HSPA plan prepaid.

U have any problem or need any recommendation please feel free to post your comment or questions on any qns like apn, speed, coverage, the different band, etc here and I will try to help on it.. :)
:s12::s12:

gunnss

Reaction score
Hi,

thks for the offer...

i wil b goin in 1 week time... wat i need is a prepaid data cum call plan to last for 2 weeks.

mostly will b using watsapp, internet, google map. Call wil b minimum.

GoaTee

Reaction score
Hey guys, I had just came back from Australia for a trip and have a lot of encounter with all the different Company on the different data 3g/HSPA plan prepaid.

U have any problem or need any recommendation please feel free to post your comment or questions on any qns like apn, speed, coverage, the different band, etc here and I will try to help on it.. :)
:s12::s12:

hi, i will be going to brisbane for 4month of stay..will be appreciate if you can intro some of the better offer telecoms in aussie.

My usage will be much more similar to what we are doing now...surf, see utube, watsapp, download apps..

hope to hear from u soon

FireHobbit

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There are three main telco company in Aussie. Mainly Vodafone, Optus and Teltra.

FireHobbit

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

thks for the offer...

i wil b goin in 1 week time... wat i need is a prepaid data cum call plan to last for 2 weeks.

mostly will b using watsapp, internet, google map. Call wil b minimum.

You can actually get the Vodafone promotion. Will you be in CBD city area? or mixture of city plus outskirts?

FireHobbit

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, i will be going to brisbane for 4month of stay..will be appreciate if you can intro some of the better offer telecoms in aussie.

My usage will be much more similar to what we are doing now...surf, see utube, watsapp, download apps..

hope to hear from u soon

For brisbane and 4 months of stay. U need to make phone call back to Singapore or in aussie? or only data?

xfiles_wolvie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
had bad experience with 3 mobile...siam at all cost.

do note that some phones they not support over there...phone devices issues...not network issues.

FireHobbit

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
3mobile is really crap.. Bad coverage...

Now is brought over by Vodafone AU

GoaTee

Reaction score
For brisbane and 4 months of stay. U need to make phone call back to Singapore or in aussie? or only data?

basically will make most calls back to singapore..as everybody is using iphone, we are lookin at the aspect to have data plan as well as for us to login via phone for surfing

FireHobbit

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For calls back to SIngapore, I would recommend you install the app pfingo and for the usage u can consider Optus latest promotion, iPad Pre-Paid Micro SIM Starter Kit @ AUD $15. It consist of 3gb of data

FireHobbit

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Alot of problem with Vodafone AU now recently.. maybe anyone using there can feedback?

nashrul91

Reaction score
so what would u recommend if im there for about 2 weeks in melbourne. need a micro sim-card for ip4. mostly using data usage and minimum calls.

mngedo

Reaction score
I need a prepaid card with data plan for a few days in Melb, what's the cost like? any recommendation?

pokeflute

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone interested to share the prepaid data sim? as in:

"A" goes aus for some days and returns, pass to "B" to use.. so on and so forth...?

ericwilis

Reaction score
Anyone use bb service from prepaid? I kinda need daily or weekly blackberry service.

keith00

Master Member
Reaction score
I need a prepaid card with data plan for a few days in Melb, what's the cost like? any recommendation?

Got a prepaid 3G SIM in perth weeks ago by optus
SIM card cost AU$2 and daily AU$2 for unlimited 24HR usage..
quite cheap..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.