The Contact Lenses Thread

ljhrox

Reaction score
currently i'm using Acuvue define at $44 per box when the retail price for that is $61. u go google about EyeLookGood. That's where i get my lenses from. During normal working days i use Acuvue clear which is $28 for 3 months. So it's really good deal there.

Hi anyone know whether the site EyeLookGood is safe and reliable cos it looks suspicious, there aren't any details about the company and the sources of their contacts are not clearly stated etc

FireHobbit

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi anyone know whether the site EyeLookGood is safe and reliable cos it looks suspicious, there aren't any details about the company and the sources of their contacts are not clearly stated etc

i also find the prices there good.. anyone tried before this site?

Goolio

Master Member
Reaction score

my colleague told me to try them cos hes been using contacts from them for awhile already and that u will receive in 2-3days.. then i google also see those gals forum talking about them. i have also just purchased from them and going to try them out too. from what i read is they are in msia thus the pricing.

Superbiz

Master Member
Reaction score

Actually contact lens buy from Malaysia much cheaper. I always ask my Malaysia friends to buy for me. Of course from reputable shops. I only wear FreshKon since i started wearing contact lens, RM120 for 2 box meaning 6months. It's monthly one.

philipsony

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
before i came to read this thread
i didnt know that one should have gone to a proper optometry to have the eye check and for recommendation for suitable brand for use of contact lense
i just went to spect hub and get from them, turn out the fitting not right
anyone can recommend me a good optometry located in the west?
and how much will it be roughly?

lwch_1990

Reaction score
I just went CitySquare, Optical88 opposite of Macdonald and order my contact lens.

Damage

bausch and lomb 2 box ( monthly ) = 240 RM

Witth asti

Is the price reasonable ?

I wanted take color lens from FreshKon but e staff say not suitable as my asti quite high then will see thing blur

thegardens3b

Master Member
Reaction score
By right, all contact lens purchase should be accompanied with a fitting assessment to ensure the fit. Search OOB in google for more details. :)

bookwormjh93

Reaction score
High Degree and Astigmatism

My degree for shortsightedness is 850 on both eyes and astig for left eyes is 1.25 while right eye is 3.50! I know my eye sight is terrible but do you think contact lenses are available for this degree of mine?

FireHobbit

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
MBK, Bangkok selling freshlook dailies coloured lens four box at $50 Singapore dollar

DaRkXiDe

Master Member
Reaction score
before i came to read this thread
i didnt know that one should have gone to a proper optometry to have the eye check and for recommendation for suitable brand for use of contact lense
i just went to spect hub and get from them, turn out the fitting not right
anyone can recommend me a good optometry located in the west?
and how much will it be roughly?

You can try optometry centre at Singapore Poly for $5.

DaRkXiDe

Master Member
Reaction score
My degree for shortsightedness is 850 on both eyes and astig for left eyes is 1.25 while right eye is 3.50! I know my eye sight is terrible but do you think contact lenses are available for this degree of mine?

IIRC, there are custom made lenses for your kind of power. Got to ask your optometrist if it is available.

bookwormjh93

Reaction score
Gotten my lenses hahas! vry vry vry expensive though:/ its $190 for 2 boxes, cause different astig level in different eyes. Got B & L soflens 66 toric:)

infinityabsurdities

Reaction score
Between Acuvue and Bausch&Lomb, i prefer the latter cos of the comfort level that it provides. Acuvue is kinda drying...

There's one optical shop in Simei which is having promotion and its super worth it!

$114 for one yr's supply. haha i'm lucky that i dun have astigmatism and my degree not considered high

zhane

Master Member
Reaction score
Between Acuvue and Bausch&Lomb, i prefer the latter cos of the comfort level that it provides. Acuvue is kinda drying...

There's one optical shop in Simei which is having promotion and its super worth it!

$114 for one yr's supply. haha i'm lucky that i dun have astigmatism and my degree not considered high

hmm
i thought B&L one more drying wor

warhunter

Reaction score
you guys shouldn't buy contact lenses off the shelves or online.

IMHO, i think the reason why counterfeit contact lenses could be sold in optical shops is because of YOU PEOPLE. Optical businesses make use of your STUPIDITY and IGNORANCE to sell these lenses to you consumers.

Contact lenses are medical devices. You do not walk in to a shop and buy them OFF THE SHELF as though they are cosmetics. You have to go through a comprehensive eye examination before the optometrist choose the right lenses that are suitable for your eyes. You are not buying clothes here. GROW UP SINGAPOREANS, don't wear lenses just to look good. You have a brian, USE IT.

Getting your eyes checked every time you replenish your lens supply will ensure that eye infections get detected early and referred for medical attention ASAP. should lenses be unsuitable during your follow up visits to the optometrist, you may be asked to change the type of lenses. Just like taking medications, DO NOT BE YOUR OWN OPTOMETRIST!

We optometrists also would not know if the lenses we are selling for our bosses are genuine or not if our bosses don't tell us. So, Help us! CHECK YOUR EYES AT EVERY VISIT. SO YOU WON'T HAVE TO BE AFRAID OF CATCHING AN EYE INFECTION AND GOING BLIND JUST BECAUSE OF A PIECE OF CHINA MADE PLASTIC. AND WE CAN CATCH ALL THOSE IRRESPONSIBLE *******S RUNNING "LEGAL" BUSINESSES IN SINGAPORE.

Metazoa

Master Member
Reaction score
just gotten my contact recently. always wanted to try cotact. so decided to give it a shot. opted for the daily disposable ones to try out first.

Went to nanyang optical and they were having promotion for the acuvue one day moist. 228 for 4 boxes (high astig)

when i first fitted it on, it feels kind of weird. especially on one of my eyes (more specifically the sides of my left eye) Was told by the person that due to my astig, the sides of my lens are thicker, hence the discomfort. but will get used to it slowly.

2nd day decided to try it out and wear a full day. wore from 7am to 11pm. the lens start to feel uncomfortable ard 4-5pm. i guess max earing duration ard 10hrs only.

btw anyone can recommend eyedrop for contact lens use(those that comes in small disposable packs)

warhunter

Reaction score
just gotten my contact recently. always wanted to try cotact. so decided to give it a shot. opted for the daily disposable ones to try out first.

Went to nanyang optical and they were having promotion for the acuvue one day moist. 228 for 4 boxes (high astig)

when i first fitted it on, it feels kind of weird. especially on one of my eyes (more specifically the sides of my left eye) Was told by the person that due to my astig, the sides of my lens are thicker, hence the discomfort. but will get used to it slowly.

2nd day decided to try it out and wear a full day. wore from 7am to 11pm. the lens start to feel uncomfortable ard 4-5pm. i guess max earing duration ard 10hrs only.

btw anyone can recommend eyedrop for contact lens use(those that comes in small disposable packs)

Like I always said. You do not just walk into a shop and buy contact lenses off the shelf because they are cheap or because you look good in them (cosmetic lenses). You need a fitting to be done by an optometrist to determine if that lens suit you or not. Its not a free size, one size fit all kind of thing. What you can do now. Go back and demand a lens fitting to be done. Eye drops won't be reccommended. They are not stuff made to EXTEND your lens wear hours. They are meant to be used only for symptomatic wearers with "responsible" lens wear. You do not pop in the lenses hoping they will last for the whole 24hours. Stop being so ignorant please.

Last edited:

Metazoa

Master Member
Reaction score
i did get a consultation by their optometrist and did not just get it off the shelf like what you said. As i said, i was told by the person that due to my astig, the sides of my lens are abit thicker than the center, hence the discomfort at the sides when i first put it on.

as for the long hour usage, i guess its really my wrong. i would say that the best duration to put on the lens are between 6-7 hrs. top.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.