GENTING trip Q&A - welcome all Genting kakis - Part 1

blackslayer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi to all genting khakis. i will be driving to genting for the first time next week. i plan to move out on 29th march 1 plus in the morning and reach genting around 7 plus with a few rest points. i understand that the check in timing is at 3pm. I wonder if FWH allows me to check in early upon reaching? thanks in advance=) cheers!

holychef

Master Member
Reaction score
hi all genting pros. will be going to genting on 5-7 april. I have looked through some promotions and packages that the different tour company offers and found that grassland one is the cheapest and offer the same things as the rest (2 way coach ticket and a deluxe first world hotel room). I would like to ask if the upgrade to the Royal VIP coach is worth it? Also, what are the differences between the Super VIP coach and the Royal VIP coach.

iori48

Reaction score
Did anyone tried Go Genting Coach Promotion?

I feel the information abit misleading.. is i pay cash RM 200 or use genting point for deduct in order get free coach + Go Genting RM200 package?

Btw i have call to genting for more info, they say dunno about this promotion...

donut33

Master Member
Reaction score
Drive all the way up to genting.

1) safer for your car.
2) easier to get to your car
3) cable car so darn high, I heart almost bungee-ed out.

but!

the screw to pump air into your tyres might get stolen. remove them before leaving your car.

:s27:

Hi bro, dun quite understand this - remove the screw on the tyres. Dun the tyres get flatten then??...:s11:

Contradanza

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a green card, with 200+ GP in it. how to i change it into WP because i cannot book hotel with GP. Please help... :o

rollbread

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I need some help advise from u all. Next friday I going to KL by plane. Then anybody knows is there any cheaper way to go from KL airport to Genting?

There's bus and taxi, but which one is more recommended? Thanks in advance!

tennisguy

Reaction score
For Bus, u must change @ KL Sentral and is around RM9

Not sure for Taxi though....

wanrong

Master Member
Reaction score
heard food in genting is 2-3times more, isit true for their fast food as well? Do they follow their own website price or they also increase the price?

multi

Reaction score
heard food in genting is 2-3times more, isit true for their fast food as well? Do they follow their own website price or they also increase the price?

Yes, GH food and fast food prices are slightly higher than normal place...worst, their standard of food is bad. If you want good food and prices...try Mushroom Farm which is walking distant from GH or drive down Gotong Jaya where there are many eatery here. More info, pls refer to our other thread on GH.:look:

donut33

Master Member
Reaction score

You can try Mary Brown Fried Chicken at FH. I think it is cheaper than KFC and v yummi. Another recom is Pizza Hut. Cheaper than in Silypore.

durkheimian

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the difference in pricing, but should be cheaper than restaurant. u may also try dining at the mushroom farm restaurant (coffee shop style, reasonable pricing) if u dun mind walking abit (10 mins?) downslope.

p.s. I like the french chicken burger at Burger King.

Reaction score
Hi guys, last went Genting when i was primary school. planning a trip with my friends this coming weeks.

Called Grassland up and their package is $118 per pax ( 2 ppl share a First World Hotel room) + coach service.

Called up 5 star and their price is around the same for the same promotion.

I wish all Lao jiao here can answer me a few question.

• 1) Can we top up to get a better room like Resort Hotel?
    2) What kind of coach will we be sitting ?
    3) What documents needed to check in?

From,
    your very newbie genting goer.

durkheimian

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, last went Genting when i was primary school. planning a trip with my friends this coming weeks.

Called Grassland up and their package is $118 per pax ( 2 ppl share a First World Hotel room) + coach service.

Called up 5 star and their price is around the same for the same promotion.

I wish all Lao jiao here can answer me a few question.

• 1) Can we top up to get a better room like Resort Hotel?
    2) What kind of coach will we be sitting ?
    3) What documents needed to check in?

From,
    your very newbie genting goer.
not a laojiao but try to answer you:

1. usually can upgrade, unless is some promotion (check: http://www.grassland.com.sg/genting.html)

2. unless upgraded, most of the time 25-seater svip.

3. passport, hotel voucher

skygim

Reaction score
Laundry

Anyone know what is the laundry price @ highland hotel? Please advise

littleredridinghood

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bros! wish to go genting in July (i believe is non peak right?) anyone know of any kang tao? grassland web haven update for july :(

3day2night at first world hotel ! hehe.

durkheimian

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bros! wish to go genting in July (i believe is non peak right?) anyone know of any kang tao? grassland web haven update for july :(

3day2night at first world hotel ! hehe.
keep a look out for those deal.sg or groupon things.. sometimes got very cheap deal for room. u need just to get the coach tix

lsling

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm also planning to visit Genting next month (July). Any advice is WTS or Transtar or Grassland buses more comfortable? Cos I'm going with my elderly parent. TIA

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.