Question about Malacca

valeon

Master Member
Reaction score
from my last weekend trip:
holiday-inn 338rm++ (town view) without b'fast for 2 adult.(2 bed)
mahkota hotel 368rm nett (sea/ town view) with b'fast for 4 adult. (4 bed)

i can say b'fast is not important, as you can walk 8-10 mins from each hotel, then you can get 3-4rm nice noodle/ rice :)

I see I see.

You 2 pax stayed in 4 pax room arh? So luxurious :D

Mahkota got studio room mah.

cowculator

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the reviews. From Holiday Inn travel to the usual suspect areas by foot, is it very inconvenient and long?

Is there a public bus service that go through the some of the major hotels to jonker street and other famous destinations?

reflush

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the reviews. From Holiday Inn travel to the usual suspect areas by foot, is it very inconvenient and long?

Is there a public bus service that go through the some of the major hotels to jonker street and other famous destinations?

if all adult, should be OK (if you like to walk)
all food + shopping mall, with-in 15 min walk.
but go to jonker street about 20-25 min.

so far i always walk, never use bus/ drive in malaca.
just take out your gps, change to pedestrian mode, then adventure in malaca.
the kids is love to use gps in walking, it is fun !

temasekcity

Master Member
Reaction score

Bus 17 just outside the Makota hotel along the main road. or the RED bus. All RM1 for short distance.

leogeo

Master Member
Reaction score
In terms of location equatorial is more well located than holiday inn right? How abt in terms of interior rooms? From pics, holiday inn rooms look nice

-----
This message is sent from HWZ forums iPhone app

valeon

Master Member
Reaction score
In terms of location equatorial is more well located than holiday inn right? How abt in terms of interior rooms? From pics, holiday inn rooms look nice

-----
This message is sent from HWZ forums iPhone app

If you don't drive, location wise Equatorial is better.

Interior room, Holiday Inn is nicer and newer.

leogeo

Master Member
Reaction score
Selling a pair of return coach tickets to Melaka (Malacca) OR Kuala Lumpur for $29 each.

It was purchased from Bigdeal.sg and conditions are in this link

Travel Dates: Travel dates are from 24th June to 30th September 2011 only.

For full details, pls see link above:

Interested parties, do contact me at 9151 3639 to deal.

Thanks.

Last edited:

temasekcity

Master Member
Reaction score
Selling a pair of return coach tickets to Melaka (Malacca) OR Kuala Lumpur for $29 each.

It was purchased from Bigdeal.sg and conditions are in this link

Travel Dates: Travel dates are from 24th June to 30th September 2011 only.

For full details, pls see link above:

Interested parties, do contact me at 9151 3639 to deal.

Thanks.

what is the catch?

Makubex

Reaction score
anyone knows what coach i can take from malacca to KL ?

and is it advisable to book in advance or maybe just buy the day before i leave?

buswhiz

Reaction score
There are plenty of bus travelling from Malacca to KL, actually, you dont really need to buy in advance unless the day is a peak period (public holiday). Delima Express, KKKL Express, Transnational Express, Mayang Sari Express, Metro Express all proviing this service

Makubex

Reaction score
There are plenty of bus travelling from Malacca to KL, actually, you dont really need to buy in advance unless the day is a peak period (public holiday). Delima Express, KKKL Express, Transnational Express, Mayang Sari Express, Metro Express all proviing this service

Thanks alot ! Really appreciate your help !

valeon

Master Member
Reaction score

Many bus companies above run almost hourly basis to KL. Take note of Sunday, normally the ticket after lunch time is hot.

xiaozhi86

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any idea where to get good seafood and lok lok at malacca? will be driving so no issue if the place is abit far from the malacca city central.

also is there any hotel to recommend? seems like courtyard not bad

buswhiz

Reaction score
lok lok there are quite plenty of places.. the most famous one will be at Bukit China but during weekends always very long queue.. If you really want to try, try to lok lok at Jalan Ong Kim Wee..

As for seafood, you can try at the portugese settlement, but the price will be quite expensive

temasekcity

Master Member
Reaction score
any idea where to get good seafood and lok lok at malacca? will be driving so no issue if the place is abit far from the malacca city central.

also is there any hotel to recommend? seems like courtyard not bad

lok lok is not big deal. the capitol lok lok is only so-so. do not be bluffed by the locals. long queue and nothing fantastic.

for the seafood in portugese settlement, it is quite reasonably priced. try stall 1 which has many customers. follow the majority cannot be wrong.

courtyard is definitely not bad. see my posts earlier. the problem is parking in the single lane street.

xiaozhi86

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lok lok is not big deal. the capitol lok lok is only so-so. do not be bluffed by the locals. long queue and nothing fantastic.

for the seafood in portugese settlement, it is quite reasonably priced. try stall 1 which has many customers. follow the majority cannot be wrong.

courtyard is definitely not bad. see my posts earlier. the problem is parking in the single lane street.

single lane street meaning does not have any basement carpark or a carpark space that is owned by the courtyard hotel?

will take note of the seafood stall. so for lok lok just go to any stall? i try before 1 stall not near to the malacca city central area but can't remember the name and lok lok not cheap too. 1 stick around 50-60cent RM

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.