Reliable Private Driving Instructor?

NumsLock

Reaction score
hi guys, i'm thinking of changing my PDI.

now i'm in NS, so my lessons can only be on weekends, and I want to schedule lessons on Sat and Sun, but my current instructor doesn't allow that. Damn inflexible. Quite dulan also, since in this case I can only have 1 lesson a week.

Can recommend me one that allows you to do so? Oh ya I'm learning manual, staying at CCK area!

ahboy82

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Refresher course for auto cars

Hi all,

I am looking for refresher course for auto cars in West area (Clementi, CCK, bukit batok, bukit gombak, bukit panjang, jurong etc). Look thru a few websites so far the cheapest is Mr Peck at PassDriving.com.sg but still need at least 3 lessons at a cost of $180. Anyone knows whether the instructors under him or Mr Peck himself is good? Or anyone can recommend any private driving instructors that dont require minimum number of lessons?

sportage

Reaction score
I am learning auto car driving from Mr. Lim school(BBDC). Until now I have taken 5 lessons. What I have learnt is that they are not at all systematic. Until 4 lessons one lady was teaching & 5th lesson was taught by some guy.
They are not at all consistent. They dont keep track on what you have learnt. They wont brief you on anything as they expect you to know everything since the learner has passed the basic theory test.
I didnt liked the method of teaching, so unprofessional.

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am learning auto car driving from Mr. Lim school(BBDC). Until now I have taken 5 lessons. What I have learnt is that they are not at all systematic. Until 4 lessons one lady was teaching & 5th lesson was taught by some guy.
They are not at all consistent. They dont keep track on what you have learnt. They wont brief you on anything as they expect you to know everything since the learner has passed the basic theory test.
I didnt liked the method of teaching, so unprofessional.

My brother is learning auto lesson now, but he's private instructor at CDC lah. :s13:
Here's what an auto instructor should teach:

Initial stage -
the gear(which gear to use for each scenario)..
how to go forward, left right, how to reverse safely and
how to step on the accelerator pedal correctly when approaching sharp/gradual bend.

Subsequently - U-turns.. those right turning divider/chevron markings that requires practice..

Thirdly - Parking (points in circuit u should take note)

His instructor taught everything 1 by 1 de.

augustin0001

Reaction score
I am going to share this experience calmly with you guys.

Mr Law Ng Kwee (HP:9788 6270). He is a very old man (ard 60- 70).

I searched him at internet and choose him because of 40+% pass rate and simply those "popular" instructor cannot take me in because of too much student.

Anyone under him, good luck to you.

Firstly I going to say his strengths:

1) Never eat your time and comes on time.

Now his bad points:

1) First impression a patient old man but turn out to be a devil after the 4th lesson. He is angry and have no patient for slowness reaction or small mistake. And then start whining the world out of you but never actually correct you.

2) Never teach how to check blind spot and things. You must ask him how to check then he tell you causually. Though he did say stop line must stop etc but overall he never try really try to enforce safety into the learning. There was one time he was like wanting me to rush back to Bukit Bomak carpark near mrt, he keep asking me to step accelerator pedal though we pass through some zebra crossing. He did not care and keep asking me to step, sorry not ask hor, its SHOUT. There was a situtation where a car want to lane change to my lane(left) to enter to the carpark at bukit bomak mrt, he shout at me to drive faster to cover the gap and don't let the poor car to overtake. :s27:

3) Maybe his english education was bad, he cant even differentiate the direction. Eg. To perform parallel parking. He tell me to turn steering wheel left, but actually should turn right. Then I follow him, end up is a harsh scolding from him. And same thing happen to gear shifting, ask me to change to gear 3 when it is already gear 3. Many times already. Overall, likes to confuse people and give unclear command.:s27:

4) Other instructor charge $39 for full 1 and half hour but he charge $42. And his style is you pay $$ for next lesson every session and he expect you to pay him before he teaches you the driving. I tried ignore his style and pay him after the lesson. Yes, end up another lecturing session.

5) He does'nt let you know what he wants. If he wants to stop at roadside to explain things to you, he will not say anything to you what he going to do. He can suddenly say stop and if your slow, and overshot a bit. Such things, he also can shout at you. "I tell you to stop right!"

6) His teachings best ar! Can drive me to a road with less car to practice vertical parking without poles. He used two small wheels from his bonnet to use as marking as the kerb. Then anyhow tell you to reverse until you see the small wheels then turn full left. When I cant perform and I ask him politely how do I know when to turn even though I see the small wheels. He come ranting on me " How I know you see, just turn when you see the wheels la."

7) He got weird attitude. Ask me to go bukit bomak personally to deposit $20 to book for tp later online. After a 2 hrs patient waiting, I call him which slot he available, he ask me dont book first. Then after the following week he ask me book tp already? I say huh? I tot you say dont book first. Then give me a attitude and say go book tp online. There is still more but I dont want to say much.

I really damn sad to have such instructor. A lot of "wei qu". My plan now is to just endure it until the tp. If fail, I switch to school liao.

Sorry to bring up this old post.

I am now under him and what I can say is, he ain't that bad la. This is my 8th lesson with him (with another 8-9 lessons before him, from another instructor).

He never raise his voice at me. Yes he sometimes will be "pek chek" and will nag when I make mistakes, but i know that it was my fault and he explains it too. Once a blue moon he will give one wrong command and never admit, but he old liao mah.

He is a very thorough person. Corrects all my bad habits and mistakes accumulated from my previous instructor, his teaching makes sense too. I am also very comfortable with his car. I took less than 5 minutes on his first lesson to find the biting point and can count the number of times engine die (maybe 2-3?:s7:) since then.

Book lesson also very easy. At first, he'll try you out and book max once a week, then slowly by 2nd lesson he know you steady, he'll book 3 lessons in advance within the following week. I like that.

My previous instructor was Mr Sai. I would say, he's not bad too. Never raise voice but too slow and always cannot find time to book. He must book 1-2 week in advance for 1 hr slot per week. If you fail to book him for next week, god bless you, must wait another 2-3 weeks.. cannot la.. can die one.

At least with Mr Law, I feel that I am getting much much better, and I can see myself progressing. Im quite confident I'll do well in my TP thanks to him. I'd actually reccomend him without a doubt. But he only can speak chinese. Ang Mo Pai one better not take him unless you want a chicken - duck communication :s13:

Last edited:

Snowygirl

Reaction score
Contact number for Private Driving Instructor - Lim Soon Sim & Ng Lai Huat

Does anyone have Mr Ng Lai Huat OR Lim Soon Sim's contact number? ( Private Driving Instructor for BBDC ) Any feedback of them??

Why i can't seem to find any of their details except at the SPF passing rate's website???

nsksky

Reaction score
Hi to all bros and sis, I need to find good and patient PDI around Ang Mo Kio or Hougang Area.

Any recommendation?

Your help is much appreciated

ongxueting

Reaction score
Does anyone have Mr Ng Lai Huat OR Lim Soon Sim's contact number? ( Private Driving Instructor for BBDC ) Any feedback of them??

Why i can't seem to find any of their details except at the SPF passing rate's website???

Mr Ng Lai Huat's no: 90083033

he's not too bad, just that he gets pek chek easily..

Snowygirl

Reaction score
Omg.. Ng Lai Huat gets pekcek easily ar.. I'm a slow learner sure kana from him.. Or how abt Mr Lim Soon Sim, anybody here heard abt him?? Has his contact number? And is he patient or also easily pekcek type?

ZhuTou!

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Omg.. Ng Lai Huat gets pekcek easily ar.. I'm a slow learner sure kana from him.. Or how abt Mr Lim Soon Sim, anybody here heard abt him?? Has his contact number? And is he patient or also easily pekcek type?

actually very very little PDI are patient :s13:
if u wan patient ones, have to go school liao

FireHobbit

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am staying at Jurong West area and have finished my BTT and FTT. Anyone have private instructor in the West to intro? I am learning manual.. Thanks pal :)

XuiteShop

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, got my mentor to recommend in the east (manual).
Reliable & friendly. Good teacher :)
Mr Li, 97550278
His students are famous for 1st time passer including me :s13:

margerl

Reaction score
Hiii people!!!

I know there is a number of PDIs in this long thread. Is there any recent good auto PDIs to be recommended? Preferably in north area.

Thanks for your help in advance!! ^^

Snowygirl

Reaction score
Can u all tell me for Private Instructors, how long is one lesson usually - 1 OR 1.5 hours each lesson? Cos i'm going to start first lesson, and my instructor told me 1.5 hrs better, can teach more things..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.