View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 10:54 AM   #157
anne.jailani

"Hello Anne,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us with your question.

On November 20, 2008, Champion Petfoods announced a voluntary recall of its ORIJEN Cat food brand sold in Australia. The recall was restricted to AUSTRALIA ONLY and was issued in response to reports from the Australian veterinary community of cats showing symptoms of a neurological syndrome after consuming ORIJEN CAT food.

The recall was unique to Australia and did not affect any of the other 50 countries to which ORIJEN is exported. The Australian cases resulted from the high-level irradiation (exceeding 50kGY) applied to ORIJEN upon entering Australia. Champion Petfoods no longer exports or sells its ORIJEN pet foods in Australia nor do we sell our products to any country that requires the irradiation process.

The Australian government has officially accepted that irradiation applied to ORIJEN was indeed the cause of the problem with the Australian cats, and has now banned the practice of irradiating cat foods entirely.

You can feed ORIJEN to your cat in confidence that it is not irradiated. I hope that I have been helpful and please contact us again with any further questions or concerns that you may have.

Kind regards,
Diana
Customer Care Representative
Champion Petfoods LP
Toll Free 877-939-0006

championpetfoods.com

ORIJEN 80.20 IS PET FOOD OF THE YEAR 2011-2012 FOR THE 3RD CONSECUTIVE YEAR!
CERTIFIED BY THE GLYCEMIC RESEARCH INSTITUTE of WASHINGTON, DC
"

Above is the reply I got from ORIJEN representative. So I guess Singapore is unaffected. I will try this for my cat and see whether he likes it. He is currently on TOTW and he loves it, he is really beefy but not fat. Stools looks good and smell is minimized. Fur shedding less too except for really hot days. He's been on TOTW for about 6mths (maybe more) now.

Last edited by anne.jailani; 07-07-2011 at 10:56 AM..
anne.jailani is offline   Reply With Quote