~Porter Japan Official Thread~

chromehead

Banned
Reaction score
check out magnum series for waterproofness :D

anyhow, as long as bag material is majority leather, dense ballistic nylon like the HEAT, or Tarpaulin it will be pretty heavy. Plus side is it will feel quite gao

HEAT is probably one of the all time sellers everywhere. for totes theirs is also one of the more manly ones.

Tanker is nice too but usually the bag is less rigid, feels puffy with a very smooth satin-ish touch. Go rubba rubba the recent Nike Air Zoom Toki Nylon, around there.
same like HEAT, another all time seller

sonic series is light for their small bags but shape is quite unique. may not be your cup of tea

for work style bags it will be Gear, Tag, Elder or Heat series. no horse run

blazin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Smoky has very nicer color, the pics don do justice~
The color is much better in real life~ XD

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Haonan, is it the Velociraptor HDDs?

The shoulder bag primarily will be holding my phones, wallets and keys, etc. Most of the time it will be these small sized stuff. The bag being water proof would be a plus point, but not necessarily a must.

Porter got so many series, it's difficult to make a choice :s22:

Hey WhiteFox, apologies for the late reply. Ya it's the Velociraptors. :o

Oh, seems like the bag picture you shared previously, is indeed part of the Heat Series. The material is comprised of Ballistic Nylon + PVC Tarpaulin fabric from what I understand, and since Ballistic Nylon like Codura is water and stain-resistant as these material are also often used for expensive luggage bags, yes no problem even on rainy days. But IMO for me Heat series design outlook is not professional enough for work environments (depends on whether u're holding onto a white-collar job), to me seems to suit a weekend look better but as we all typically have different taste in terms of fashion preferences, so prolly YMMV.

For myself personally, I would take the Device series anytime for office-work purpose, and Tanker series for the weekend casual use, but that's probably me bah. :)

According to Kurachika, Smoky Series are comprised of 1000 Denier Nylon, and like Ballistic Nylon these fabrics are built pretty tough, so yes I think they are pretty much a good choice as well, if you think the look suits your work environment style. If you really have some personal doubts in terms of the material look and how it tends to look in real-life but don't have a chance to head to JP yrself anytime soon, just go check out the Porter International outlet yrself at Wisma Atria to have a better idea, their material/series is all the same just different logo nia.

Cheers bro!

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
will it be cheaper to get it in Japan then online?

Your purchases can be exempted from Japan's 5% consumption tax if your purchase comes to more than 10000 yen for certain items, as long as you show your passport when purchasing in those large departmental stores like Takashimaya Times Square. This does not apply to every domestic Kurachika store outlet located in JP though, as far as I know. (I'm sorry, no hands-on purchase experience there in terms of Porter bags, all my Porter bags/accessories were purchased thru Rakuten or via my japanese friend in the past)

Ya blazin is correct, all Yoshida & Co and Head Porter merchandises prices are fixed in JP, so don't expect price slashes when purchasing there yourself.

Hope this helps.

jtch74

Master Member
Reaction score
Your purchases can be exempted from Japan's 5% consumption tax if your purchase comes to more than 10000 yen for certain items, as long as you show your passport when purchasing in those large departmental stores like Takashimaya Times Square. This does not apply to every domestic Kurachika store outlet located in JP though, as far as I know. (I'm sorry, no hands-on purchase experience there in terms of Porter bags, all my Porter bags/accessories were purchased thru Rakuten or via my japanese friend in the past)

Ya blazin is correct, all Yoshida & Co and Head Porter merchandises prices are fixed in JP, so don't expect price slashes when purchasing there yourself.

Hope this helps.

thanks, if that is the case. then maybe can buy it at the airport if there is a store there.

WhiteFox

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey WhiteFox, apologies for the late reply. Ya it's the Velociraptors. :o

Oh, seems like the bag picture you shared previously, is indeed part of the Heat Series. The material is comprised of Ballistic Nylon + PVC Tarpaulin fabric from what I understand, and since Ballistic Nylon like Codura is water and stain-resistant as these material are also often used for expensive luggage bags, yes no problem even on rainy days. But IMO for me Heat series design outlook is not professional enough for work environments (depends on whether u're holding onto a white-collar job), to me seems to suit a weekend look better but as we all typically have different taste in terms of fashion preferences, so prolly YMMV.

For myself personally, I would take the Device series anytime for office-work purpose, and Tanker series for the weekend casual use, but that's probably me bah. :)

According to Kurachika, Smoky Series are comprised of 1000 Denier Nylon, and like Ballistic Nylon these fabrics are built pretty tough, so yes I think they are pretty much a good choice as well, if you think the look suits your work environment style. If you really have some personal doubts in terms of the material look and how it tends to look in real-life but don't have a chance to head to JP yrself anytime soon, just go check out the Porter International outlet yrself at Wisma Atria to have a better idea, their material/series is all the same just different logo nia.

Cheers bro!

my line of work, I actually wear like im going out on weekends :s34:

I'm totally into the smoky series, although tanker look as great but it's quite common here. now just waiting for TS to reply my email for the purchase :D

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Airport if u plan to get I last recall narita got
But haneda I don't see any porters
If not its the typical porter shop kuri someting I recall
Or times square tokyu hands. Takashimaya in tokyo shinjuku

Or toyku hands dept store should carry
I got mine from sapporo tokyu hands too with tax deducted as mine is above the cost so just show your passport and wait for them to process it
Pretty easy and fast if the dept to process the tax is on hand

Overall quite impressed with their service

jtch74

Master Member
Reaction score
Airport if u plan to get I last recall narita got
But haneda I don't see any porters
If not its the typical porter shop kuri someting I recall
Or times square tokyu hands. Takashimaya in tokyo shinjuku

Or toyku hands dept store should carry
I got mine from sapporo tokyu hands too with tax deducted as mine is above the cost so just show your passport and wait for them to process it
Pretty easy and fast if the dept to process the tax is on hand

Overall quite impressed with their service

thanks for the info....but the problem is that I am in Nagasaki and most likely will transist at haneda.

philip chong

Reaction score
WTS: Woven Porter wallet

I bought this woven porter wallet for my friend in HK but now he doesn't want it cos he just bought another porter wallet so now I got spare...

anybody interested? it's brand new.

its the black one, like the one on this site:

freshnessmag.com/2008/10/03/porter-x-jinenco-woven-wallet/[/url]

PM me if interested.

mosmos

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
some pocoyos walkpass basement tsusuya in kumamoto, saw got porter stall, then shunbian buy, can get tax refund~

ss3kp.jpg

mosmos

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
haneda i aslo missed it
which haneda terminal u saw got porters?

:s22: international terminal departure hall inside~

that area sells many brands of bags~

I think fukuoko aiprok also got, but no time to beo, today flight flying off at 10:10am, I still stuck at chop passpork area at 945am~ :eek:

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:s22: international terminal departure hall inside~

that area sells many brands of bags~

I think fukuoko aiprok also got, but no time to beo, today flight flying off at 10:10am, I still stuck at chop passpork area at 945am~ :eek:

hmm international term got meh
maybe i missed it haaha

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.