Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

ownmemoneyty

Master Member
Reaction score
What is the diff between standard and express shipping for CGW? since standard takes 4 days to reach sg once shipped. Is the difference on the fact that they take shorter time to process the shipments?

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What is the diff between standard and express shipping for CGW? since standard takes 4 days to reach sg once shipped. Is the difference on the fact that they take shorter time to process the shipments?

std on paper is 5-7 days, express is 3-4 days. Guess after payment, they process express-orders in paper/datasystem first, afternoon/next day then do normal delivery payment. us-sg delivery shd be same.

Sort inv, pkg, destination & addresses alr not easy, dun think got time to sort priority somemore. Dun think their system so confis. to separate by priority, except for sg-door delivery, which shd be prioritised, b4 handing to contract couriers.

Non-peak, either way, still takes 4-5 days after payment.

garpew

Honorary Member
Reaction score

According to the site, standard take 5 to 8 working days. If your card is POSB/DBS, you will upgrade to express for free.

The difference with express and standard is express takes about 3-4 working days while standard take 5-8 working days. The charges for express is also higher

tekster

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
std on paper is 5-7 days, express is 3-4 days. Guess after payment, they process express-orders in paper/datasystem first, afternoon/next day then do normal delivery payment. us-sg delivery shd be same.

Sort inv, pkg, destination & addresses alr not easy, dun think got time to sort priority somemore. Dun think their system so confis. to separate by priority, except for sg-door delivery, which shd be prioritised, b4 handing to contract couriers.

Non-peak, either way, still takes 4-5 days after payment.

According to the site, standard take 5 to 8 working days. If your card is POSB/DBS, you will upgrade to express for free.

The difference with express and standard is express takes about 3-4 working days while standard take 5-8 working days. The charges for express is also higher

har? zhun bo? standard is 5-8 days?

when i sent my delivery using borderlinx normal delivery (monday send), by friday i will receive. when i use cgw express delivery (upgrade for DBS user) and it's also on monday, I also receive on friday!!! WTF?!?!?! what express service chiu guys talking about?

maring

Reaction score
Hi,

Please help me .. this is the first time I will do online shopping.

Im planning to buy the following:

1 Skinceutical Sunblock
1 benefit powder
1 mario badescu

Which shipping online is trusted and cheapest? How much usually they charge? Which shipping company you girls usually use to shop victoria secret etc?

pls give me idea.

thank you!!!

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Please help me .. this is the first time I will do online shopping.

Im planning to buy the following:

1 Skinceutical Sunblock
1 benefit powder
1 mario badescu

Which shipping online is trusted and cheapest? How much usually they charge? Which shipping company you girls usually use to shop victoria secret etc?

pls give me idea.

thank you!!!
help yrself frsr by reading some help first.

For reliability and pricing, i think there r mixed views here. it depends on the type&costs of items, quantity of. pkgs, how they are packed ad shipped., whether yr store needs us-verified ccards or paypal, and how assured u want, vs price to. pay.

steps r all illustrasted in each courier's webpage.

vbhelper

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how come now send via vpost from US need material safety sheet?

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how come now send via vpost from US need material safety sheet?
what is material safety sheet?? against jap radiation

While we know vpost is gst-exempt is at item level<S$400.
is 2 items x $300 in single invoice = gst exempt?
what about pkg level?, i.e 2 invoices but in 1 pkg

maring

Reaction score
help yrself frsr by reading some help first.

For reliability and pricing, i think there r mixed views here. it depends on the type&costs of items, quantity of. pkgs, how they are packed ad shipped., whether yr store needs us-verified ccards or paypal, and how assured u want, vs price to. pay.

steps r all illustrasted in each courier's webpage.

Actually, I already read some post here but since this thread is already in page 40.. its kinda difficult to read every post and now Im confused because there are a lot of shipping online. That's why Im asking for a GOOD RECOMMENDATION,

By the way I want to do onlineshopping in Dorothy Perkins. Does Anyone here wants to share with me the shipping cost?

just pm me.

Last edited:

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually, I already read some post here but since this thread is already in page 40.. its kinda difficult to read every post and now Im confused because there are a lot of shipping online. That's why Im asking for a GOOD RECOMMENDATION,

By the way I want to do onlineshopping in Dorothy Perkins. Does Anyone here wants to share with me the shipping cost?

just pm me.

I'll share it here for all. If u can do dperks, no need stinch on shipping liao. if it doesn't accept intl ccard, use DBS for free buy4u service, vpost or cgw(u.p. 5% charge). To justify yr shopping, then buy more stuffs, from other stores, no necessary from same store..

If combined exceeds S$400, suggest u go vpost, w/o insurance(still safe). Also with better promo, $12 for min. $80 shipping ($70), >15% off. (dbs). Unless u new shipper, up to 50% off.

7.5 kg, or combined 30cm x 30cm x 40cm boxes is about $80, which is about 3 shoes boxes or 2 handbags with boxes..usually these brands box pkg are very big..unless you insist they ship w/o boxes. But still the domestic couriers, eg UPS, Fedex, will put them in a bigger box..

Sts they ship different items in different pkgs from different warehouses.Hv to find out form CS, If 1-3 items ship together in 1 pkg <US$300 , go cgw, 7.5kg (wt or vol) ~ S$75 (with ins, b4 promo), otherwise go vpost (ins. $18 optional).

imho, most hua is to buy clothes/dresses, tell them compact-ship, and they discard the individual dress boxes, pack a lot of them with plastic wraps, in nice branded box, unless u dress up carrying yr dperks box.

Last edited:

tekster

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
touchme; said:
I'll share it here for all. If u can do dperks, no need stinch on shipping liao. if it doesn't accept intl ccard, use DBS for free buy4u service, vpost or cgw(u.p. 5% charge). To justify yr shopping, then buy more stuffs, from other stores, no necessary from same store..

If combined exceeds S$400, suggest u go vpost, w/o insurance(still safe). Also with better promo, $12 for min. $80 shipping ($70), >15% off. (dbs). Unless u new shipper, up to 50% off.

7.5 kg, or combined 30cm x 30cm x 40cm boxes is about $80, which is about 3 shoes boxes or 2 handbags with boxes..usually these brands box pkg are very big..unless you insist they ship w/o boxes. But still the domestic couriers, eg UPS, Fedex, will put them in a bigger box..

Sts they ship different items in different pkgs from different warehouses.Hv to find out form CS, If 1-3 items ship together in 1 pkg <US$300 , go cgw, 7.5kg (wt or vol) ~ S$75 (with ins, b4 promo), otherwise go vpost (ins. $18 optional).

imho, most hua is to buy clothes/dresses, tell them compact-ship, and they discard the individual dress boxes, pack a lot of them with plastic wraps, in nice branded box, unless u dress up carrying yr dperks box.

Compactship is a good point. But will merchants suspect that this item will be shipped out of USA and thus refuse to sell to you?

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Compactship is a good point. But will merchants suspect that this item will be shipped out of USA and thus refuse to sell to you?

And why would merchants refuse business?

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

those intl brands ctrling cross-border merchandise, would only accept US ccards. (bypassed by vpost/cgw concierge svs).
Would u want to receive a gift 10-20x bigger than actual item?

And why would merchants refuse business?
int'l price ctrls.
eg. whole world knows sg most ex cars, highest paid ministers, hi wc2010 subpn, sg rich, sure wanna chop.
Even my suppiers supply sg and msia, alm 2x prices.

Last edited:

necroevil

Reaction score
pros help , i make payment for shipping at comgateway entered my dbs card security code that send through mobile then click submit , internal server error message appear :'( . i was shocked then i went to ibanking they deduct the shipping cost from my bank account . Anyone can assist me

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
pros help , i make payment for shipping at comgateway entered my dbs card security code that send through mobile then click submit , internal server error message appear :'( . i was shocked then i went to ibanking they deduct the shipping cost from my bank account . Anyone can assist me
no scare money deducted..means paid. Is yr cgw status paid?,

vbhelper

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
suddenly vpost is so restrictive in items mailing to Sg from US.
Now my items stuck at vpost US. Either I ask other courier to pick out and send over or dispose at vpost US.

Very rubbish service!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.