My poodle aint a poodle after all.

kawerty

Reaction score
Hey TS, Like all the others said, it's not a Poodle. More of a Shih tzu cross.

But i sincerely hope you'll still love him as much as the 1st day you got him and not just abandon him because he is not of a certain breed. :)

harrymonster

Reaction score
:s13:
do u know how a poodle look like in the first place?

Haha, I roughly do know. The kennel seller said this puppy is a champagne poodle. If i remember correctly, they also said when the puppy grows up, the fur will turn more curly.

Sure doesn't look like a poodle at all.

Also, is the dog microchipped or do you have any other form of identification. They can always say it's not the dog they sold you.

Dog's microchipped. It's a proper sale and all, with proper receipts/microchip/ava registration/vaccinations. Just the WRONG BREED! :(

Yours confirm not poodle. Look more like maltse. Actually don't be sad or anything. My mini schuz also don't look like one. Mine her face look longer than usual type. But still love her every bit.

Poodle should have curly dark brown hair.

Yups, thats what i think too. Maltese is the dominant breed strain. I aint sad about my dog, he's my dog. Doesnt matter if he's a poodle or a maltese or a mongrel. I think he has more than 10 soft toys, just bought him a kong toy last night. He's a bit stupid though, haha, cant get the treat out from the toy.

it looks like a shih tzu cross to me.

btw TS do trim the fur around her eyes, if not it will cause eye irritation. u can try to get a pair of scisssors with round tip. daiso or those cosmetic shop got sell.

Yups, I have that scissors. It's a slightly older pic, do occasionally trim his fur/hair as well.

Hey TS, Like all the others said, it's not a Poodle. More of a Shih tzu cross.

But i sincerely hope you'll still love him as much as the 1st day you got him and not just abandon him because he is not of a certain breed. :)

ARGHS. I LOVE MY DOG. :s13: I WONT ABANDON HIM. Hahaha.

lameness

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
time to show the breeder a picture of a tiger and tell him that's a cat

fire

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually looks like my poodle when he was young, need to see the whole body to confirm haha...puppy poodle have long straight fur, their fur only turns curly when they get older.

BiGhaPPyJer

Master Member
Reaction score
Bighappyjer: It's a kennel at Pasir Ris, not a shop per se. Let me do my checks first, and if i can confirm, then i would share. If it all turns out to be a mistake, then i would be jumping the gun and spoiling someone's good name.

There's a few blood / saliva based DNA tests available, from Oz or US. Around AUD 150...thinking of getting that.

hey, is it a shop at the right hand corner of a larger compound?

Marick1980

Reaction score
poodle1.jpg

Not an expert here, but that's def NOT a poodle

arsene

Reaction score
My late brown poodle was adopted by men when she was a puppy. The coat and the nose do not resemble a poodle. If you look at the pet shop on the 3rd floor of Vivo, they have a poodle puppy - now that's what a poodle should look like.

schizophrenic

Reaction score
your dog is very adorable!! when i adopted my dog from SPCA, it was a bichon cross schnauzer. i didnt know what a bichon is initially, but she definitely didn't look too like a schnauzer. come to think of it, she looks kinda like a poodle. heheh!! my dog is very cute!

KamiyaHaine

Reaction score
Pretty cute dog you have there! But I'm confused how you managed to get cheated that it's a poodle cos it doesn't look like at all. Haha! You can try bringing him to my groomers, they have show poodles and are very experienced. LOL.. And you can get him cut like a poodle anyway. People always mistake my schnauzer for a poodle because of her cut.

skysky3110

Reaction score
So NOT a poodle la. But a very cute dog. :s13:
I saw from cable tv, poodle have hair not fur btw

RobinTeoHood

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So the saga ends like this? Pet buyer gets conned & evil pet breeder laughs at the scam.

terrykorkor

Reaction score
lol the first time i saw this type of poodle.. but i must say, it looks very cute, and quite worthwhile XD

arsene

Reaction score
TS can sue the dog breeder and get compensated. If he refuse to pay, can threaten to expose him to the press and suffer humiliation.

harrymonster

Reaction score
Yups. Actually, am gonna hold back for a while. And give the puppy another few months, just in case he has a puppy undercoat and will shed it shortly before growing out another coat of fur/hair.

If by the time the puppy is ard 8mos old and totally doesnt resemble a poodle at all, will send his saliva/cheek cells in for a DNA test.

JAson1980

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LOL i also suspect my JRT is not a purebreed JRT.
mine has long legs and towers over other JRTs
But she is as hyper as one though

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.