2Wire 2701HGV-E aka mio Box

Hugo

Master Member
Reaction score
Got a Samsung Galaxy which refuses to connect to this modem. Keep having a message "obtaining ip address" on the phone.

Tried to connect to wifi with other modem outside and it works fine.

As I missing out some setting with the mio modem? pls help..

naruto13

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got a Samsung Galaxy which refuses to connect to this modem. Keep having a message "obtaining ip address" on the phone.

Tried to connect to wifi with other modem outside and it works fine.

As I missing out some setting with the mio modem? pls help..

wifi password type for ur modem?
ur phone can support that password type?

wpa or wpa2?

ngansolo

Reaction score
need a bit of help in this 2wire connection also, currently using laptop on starhub mobile connection but ... 2WIRE RJ45 plug in directly to desktop can surf net not for laptop. Means I unplug the RJ45 from my sick desktop and plug into laptop and the connection shows connected to internet but when I click facebook or yahoo it doesn't go to these pages.Checked the firewall and it showed outgoing not block but all incoming blocked. Anybody has the same problem for laptop connecting 2WIRE like me??

naruto13

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
need a bit of help in this 2wire connection also, currently using laptop on starhub mobile connection but ... 2WIRE RJ45 plug in directly to desktop can surf net not for laptop. Means I unplug the RJ45 from my sick desktop and plug into laptop and the connection shows connected to internet but when I click facebook or yahoo it doesn't go to these pages.Checked the firewall and it showed outgoing not block but all incoming blocked. Anybody has the same problem for laptop connecting 2WIRE like me??

since wire can surf on desktop but not on laptop.

u have to check ur laptop setting.
any proxy?
try to ping ur 2wire ip? if can ping but cant surf its ur laptop problem.
if cant even ping 2wire, ur laptop rj45 got problem?

mac filtering on ur 2wire?

ngansolo

Reaction score
since wire can surf on desktop but not on laptop.

u have to check ur laptop setting.
any proxy?
try to ping ur 2wire ip? if can ping but cant surf its ur laptop problem.
if cant even ping 2wire, ur laptop rj45 got problem?

mac filtering on ur 2wire?

my MSN can't connect and I try repair it shows DNS got ? mark, I guess laptop problem. MSI laptop CR420, used to got wifi can't on problem then java cannot update zzzz. Confirm RJ45 no problem since been on desktop all the while and surfing with ease but not laptop.The filter for the 2WIRE is the one given by singtel

naruto13

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my MSN can't connect and I try repair it shows DNS got ? mark, I guess laptop problem. MSI laptop CR420, used to got wifi can't on problem then java cannot update zzzz. Confirm RJ45 no problem since been on desktop all the while and surfing with ease but not laptop.The filter for the 2WIRE is the one given by singtel

mac filter, not micro filter, micro filter is connected to the phone socket.

ngansolo

Reaction score
mac filter, not micro filter, micro filter is connected to the phone socket.

didn't touch anything from 2WIRE side since its ok on desktop, sometimes can wifi with laptop sometimes cannot and now RJ45 totally cannot

naruto13

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
didn't touch anything from 2WIRE side since its ok on desktop, sometimes can wifi with laptop sometimes cannot and now RJ45 totally cannot

i am saying setting in the 2wire, i think u also duno how to troubleshoot too.

i suggest u hard reset ur 2wire back to default setting and test again.
after reset, u will need to enter ur singnet username and password on 2wire before u can get connection too.

ngansolo

Reaction score
hahahaha guess it is already in default since the guy come and fix and test the mio 2WIRE

naruto13

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hahahaha guess it is already in default since the guy come and fix and test the mio 2WIRE

when is the test?
dun later suay suay ur wireless kena hijack.

btw tell u troubleshoot like u know, then troubleshoot urself lo, ask le end of the day like u know this n that, yet still say cant work? shooting urself on the feet?

ngansolo

Reaction score
nvm plan finish throw the mio modem off better since it is a piece of 2WIRE crap hahaha. Take fibre better hasslefree watch TV won't lag.The what MAC filter is not even anywhere behind the modem I also hm zai you gong simi

我要买GT-R!

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nvm plan finish throw the mio modem off better since it is a piece of 2WIRE crap hahaha. Take fibre better hasslefree watch TV won't lag.The what MAC filter is not even anywhere behind the modem I also hm zai you gong simi

don't throw, give liangtam or me!:)

lancer07

Reaction score
I found from previous pages to input:
Primary DNS - 165.21.83.88
Secondary DNS -165.21.100.88

Works like a charm!

QUESTION..

as i use my laptop at home and at work, when i'm at work, i need to remove the DNS settings. And when i'm at home i need to re-input the DNS settings..

is there a way to make my laptop check the network i'm connected to and set the DNS 'automatically'?

simple.

configure it into your router instead.

After i followed MarineX's advice to configure it into my MIO router, it worked well for the past 1 month.

But last 2 days, I'm facing the issue again! The configuration in the router is still there, but i now i need to wait 10-15 mins after turning on my laptop to be able to surf the net! I tried to troubleshoot during the first 10 min and the error was, my DNS is not responding!

why like that...?

naxchua

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

need some help here... i have a 2wire 2701... I need to use ddns but I have limitation to on the PC 24/7... so I bought a TP Link router that has DDNS feature... tried to set up the DDNS on TP Link but it did not update the WAN IP of the 2wire... TP Link is updating 192.168.1.253 to DDNS...

At 1st, I thought should be a simple set up... but seems like I am still not skillful enough...

the current set up now

2Wire (LAN 1) -> TP Link (WAN)

TP LINK (LAN 1)-> DVR

Pls advise what setting should I set... assign DMZ to TP Link? Set 2wire to bridge mode?

Btw, my 2wire is not connected for voice or miotv....

Thanks everyone!

liangtam

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Means the DDNS code in pirated-link is faulty lor.
You can get the public IP pushed to the router by bridging or DMZplus.

RimBlock

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 2701HGV-E Singtel router (firmware 5.29.133.25) which is used for my 10Mbit connection, MIO-TV and VOIP.

I am setting up my Windows Home Server 2011 based NAS and am having lots of problems opening the firewall ports.

The WHS machine is acting as DNS and DHCP server so DNS is bypassing the 2wire gateway and sourcing directly from Google DNS. The server is set to a static IP address (192.168.1.1), the router is set to 192.168.1.254.

When setting the domain for the WHS it reports the router doesn't support uPnP so has to be setup manually.

If I go to the routers setup firewall page I get a list of devices that seems to be quite old with some devises listed as being connected when they are tuned off. I select the server name but cannot verify the ip address is correct and so this may be pointing to an old IP address for the server. I select to allow application access and then choose the user defined access I have already setup (ports 80 and 443). On clicking add, the page slowly refreshes and nothing appears in the active box.

How to fix this. Presumably a newer firmware would be a good start but where to get a Singtel firmware update ?.

I read here that this unit should be uPnP enabled but there seems no option for that, will the firmware update fix this or is there something else that needs to be done and if so what ?

Any other suggestions that may resolve the issue and clear the list of 'known' MAC / IP addresses on the router.

Has anyone got an internet accessible website running on default ports running through the 2701 router whilst also stability supporting MioTV and VOIP ?

Thanks
RB

liangtam

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
5.29.133.25 is latest firmware in the v5 segment for the 2701HGV-E model.

It does support UPnP
If you're not getting it right, consider doing a hard reset first by poking it or the reset function in mdc.

RimBlock

Reaction score
5.29.133.25 is latest firmware in the v5 segment for the 2701HGV-E model.

It does support UPnP
If you're not getting it right, consider doing a hard reset first by poking it or the reset function in mdc.

Ok, thanks.

What will I need after the hard reset ?. Presumably the user and pass for the adsl account ?. Anything else to make sure the MioTV / Phone / ADSL are down for the minimum amount of time ?

Oh, the hardware version is 2700-100678-007 if that helps any.

Thanks
RB

naxchua

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Means the DDNS code in pirated-link is faulty lor.
You can get the public IP pushed to the router by bridging or DMZplus.

okay... i will try to dmz the tp link... hope it can update ddns properly...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.