EDMW Knife Collectors

user14

Reaction score
Hi all. I've read through the thread and was wondering if there're any knives for a beginner collector like me? My budget isn't too high and I really like folders or benchmades. Thanks! I've bought a cheap Sanrenmu GR5-605 and am loving it. :)

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I've read through the thread and was wondering if there're any knives for a beginner collector like me? My budget isn't too high and I really like folders or benchmades. Thanks! I've bought a cheap Sanrenmu GR5-605 and am loving it. :)

Most people usually start with the spydercos, boker & benchmade knives for folders.
Good budget knives are the Spyderco persistence (and their series) and everything goes up from there with more exotic steel and handles..

My advice is to use your knife (since it's cheap), understand it and read up more on the various steels and blade geometry and go from there..

fireal

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

spydie tenacious is a good start

mmmmaded

Reaction score

I've got a plain edged Spyderco Tenacious, if you want. Never carried, factory edge.

Spyderco-Ambitious-Persistence-Tenacious-1.jpg

That's the one on top.

bigbadber

Banned
Reaction score
I wanna buy some folding knives too. or folders? whats the actual term to use?

anyone wanna PM me some pics and price?

fireal

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
im looking to bring in a spyderco warrior ,

will it be able to get through customs?
i never buy in such a big knife before...

if confiscated by custom what reason i give??

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
Knife of this length will be held by Customs but usually released once u sign it off.. But this appears to be double edge? Unless the tip end is a false grind and the serrations is on the back half end of the blade, might have to get clearance..

Frozenboiboi

Reaction score
I got my spyderco warrior held at ica. Fortunately at that time the police were there to collect knives to send to AEB, so they cleared it for me on the spot. My warrior was faulty, so i send it to spyderco. 2 months later it was returned to me- no issues with any customs at all.
I guess it's allowed because the back edge isn't all the way to the tip, unlike daggers

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
I got my spyderco warrior held at ica. Fortunately at that time the police were there to collect knives to send to AEB, so they cleared it for me on the spot. My warrior was faulty, so i send it to spyderco. 2 months later it was returned to me- no issues with any customs at all.
I guess it's allowed because the back edge isn't all the way to the tip, unlike daggers

Yup, I recalled as long as tip end is not double edge when I check with A&E some time back for a dive knife with a sharpened serrated spine. so looks like its good to go for the warrior fireal..

edit: btw the warrior does look like a good knife for salt water use! H1!

Last edited:

Frozenboiboi

Reaction score
WarriorDragonfly.jpg

Mine's too precious for use... the warrior is really nice.
Lol. If u're gonna bring this knife for diving, others will be scared ****.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.