View Single Post
Old 24-07-2011, 06:38 AM   #2311
zen131

Smile midea

HI Zen,

Thank you for your honest feedback. I fine that Abeyonic upgrading cost is generally cheaper than gain city and courts.

I did open the front cover of the aircon and was trying to compare with the rest of the brands at gain city.

I found out that the workmanship and design of the components inside is poor. Wire connecting to the front led is dangling. filter looks soft and clumsy. Whats that black velvet thing they place at the inner flip?

Wont it get stained after a long time once the cool air condences on it?

I'm also wondering why the parts only 2 years warranty whereas the rest is 5 years.

And also, i'm not too sure how reliable are their ion generator. If yo were to compare with sharp and samsng catalogu lots of industrial accrditation and seals were shown. but the MIdea catalogue, never show anything frmo industries.

These are just my worries. I dont mind trying Midea but just that I'm moving to my new house soon. So need to invest something long term.
Even if i want to buy, i will buy it before 25 July during the special discount.

Can i have all your feedbakcs on the above?
hi stamina...

i didnt check on the piping upgrading cause i target to use the aircon around 6-8 yrs...after which when new aircon are changed,piping i will change it too...

i agreed with u that the filter pieces look poor on workmanship but after look at other brands it dont look too fragile either,for the price of the aircon... i dont find it a issue for me cause as long as it is durable and it does the filtering functions...regarding the wiring i dont find it a issue cause it suppose to be fexible and removable...

from my understanding from my friend,the black velvet thing reduce condensation...which LG art cool also has it too...
not too sure about the stains after yrs of usage...

haha.... regarding the spare parts warranty i think u are quite confused like me when i went to courts in the first place when i was serve by another brand promoter...after which then i found out all the other brands in courts actually only cover 5 yrs compressor warranty and 1 yr spare parts by agent...Midea is 6 yr compresser warranty and 2 yrs spare parts by agent...see the diff?agent warranty and retailer warranty?

regarding the website of midea singapore is crap...u should look at the web of the offical global ones...midea.com...u find more info about the company there...

i gaining confidence on the brand after i seen the offical web and also from my friend who works for them...we been friends since childhood so i have place my trust on him...
now only on the final test...the product itself...

haha...if u want anymore infor on the brand...go find the official web or find my friend in courts(the biggest 1)...
but dont tell him i ask u to...cause he will kill me if he knows i ask ppl to juz go enquire info only from him...

lolz