EDMW Knife Collectors

Spurgears

Reaction score
Anyone can comment on this 2 folder?

Mcusta Damascus Tactility, Cocobolo handles
Fallkniven PXL Magnum Folder, Ivory Micarta Handle, Plain Edge

Like them but expensive.

This is my Mcusta Damascus in Cocobolo handle... all I can say is it's quite nice

DSCF0167.jpg

fireal

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i have a couple of mcustas too , great knives , some of the model the pocket clip quite intrusive though .. other than that no complains

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
hi guys..
i love knives too..

always wanted to carry one in my bag like u know, u never u might need them n they can come in handy. like cut boxers, strings etc.

but is it legal to bring in ur bag? what if u go thru a spot check etc?

and can we bring it in and out of singapore, for lets say backpacking etc.

cos it wud be sad to buy a quality knive but only can use at home or be used for display la i think..

hope u guys can enlighten me a bit

I carry a small honeybee on the key chain, got checked and passed on the streets but not allowed into building checkpoints and nightspots.. so generally, best not to carry one. I have a knife kept at my office and it stays there for those task.

Bringing in and out of customs during travel, no issues as long as u pack with sporting equipment or in check in luggage when u fly. Do note if u travel to some countries, it's not legal to carry so do check the laws if u go urban backpacking. Hiking on the other hand, check with your guides.. Most place I've been to doesn't require anything more than a small 2 inch knife (for safety) unless it's an expedition into virgin/difficult territory..

Last edited:

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
What is the recommended budget? SGD60 to SGD80 can get a good one for beginner?

beginner in collecting or user? There are many knives types and their respective design/usage.. I'd say for beginner knives, the spyderco tenacious/boker knives are a good start..

kockroach

Reaction score
beginner in collecting or user? There are many knives types and their respective design/usage.. I'd say for beginner knives, the spyderco tenacious/boker knives are a good start..
yeah, but where to get em? I need one for EDC as am leaving for work in Vietnam. thanks!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.