View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 12:12 PM   #2247
viix
Master Member

Understand. Looking at folder as they are much smaller. I find the fixed blades kinda too long for my liking. So thinking of keeping it around 4 inch. I guess i'll just have to weigh the pros and cons. I do not mind doing post dive maintenance after the trip and throw the knife into the basin with my camera after every dives. Since I am the type that will strip my torch all up to clean as well. Lucky I only dive around 4 times a yr for now.

Will soaking the knife and rinsing it with running water and dripping some oil at the hinge be sufficient?
Actually if you're just cutting cord, I recommend the eezycut trilobite.. I use that now, one side for cutting and i keep the other side untouched for emergency.. It's also very compact! I also carry a shear as backup.. Soaking it is fine, but be careful of grit and sand.. The fine sea sand can tear up the moving parts very fast when u open the knife.. Just as all the dive gear, cam housing and torch, rinse out all the sand.... Then store the knife well oiled should be fine.

Last edited by viix; 09-08-2011 at 01:31 PM..
viix is offline   Reply With Quote