EDMW Knife Collectors

dexterkim

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi All

I am not a blade collector. I just wish to buy a knife for diving purpose. I am looking at spyderco blades which have H1 Steel. I checked with the dealer in Singapore, Sports Center and they do not carry the blades I am eyeing on as they are too small.

I checked with Comgateway that they do not ship knife. Same goes to Vpost. Is there anyway I can get this blade to Singapore by shipping?

:s8::s8::s8:

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
The Bravo2 is looking good :)
Btw, i think i read it somewhere before that Spyderco treats their salt series' lock and pivot to be rust proof too.
How about capisian salt?

It's treated, but they don't last.. Even the fixed blades salt and h1 series will rust.. they are resistant/stainless, but not rust proof.. Unless the user is one to always dismantle the blade and do an all round maintenance on the pivots and internals, it's better to just use a fixed blade..

Post dive already there is alot of equipment to wash and clean, I'm the lazy kind and just soak my shears and blade in fresh water and glob a generous amount of petroleum jelly pre and post dive..

EDIT: By the way, rust or not, the knife is still functional.. I carry a stainless mora that has rust but I still use them and they function still.. so as long as u dun mind rust, it's fine.. I'm just referring to the concern on the effects of rust and weakening of the structural pivot which might affect safety in a dive that's all. ;) Always have a backup.

Last edited:

Richter

Reaction score
Hahaha its funny when u said those shop u went to has knives that are too small for u, and then u mentioned the dragonfly. I got the dragonfly salt and it's the smallest knife i got in my collection! LOL
It's really easy to sharpen H1 steel and it takes a really really sharp edge. Go for the dragonfly salt!

I think you misunderstood me. I am saying they do not carry small blades. I am looking for blades that is between 2-3 inches. It's just for cutting lines or wires if I got entangled.

Where did you get the dragonfly salt? In SG?

Richter

Reaction score
It's treated, but they don't last.. Even the fixed blades salt and h1 series will rust.. they are resistant/stainless, but not rust proof.. Unless the user is one to always dismantle the blade and do an all round maintenance on the pivots and internals, it's better to just use a fixed blade..

Post dive already there is alot of equipment to wash and clean, I'm the lazy kind and just soak my shears and blade in fresh water and glob a generous amount of petroleum jelly pre and post dive..

EDIT: By the way, rust or not, the knife is still functional.. I carry a stainless mora that has rust but I still use them and they function still.. so as long as u dun mind rust, it's fine.. I'm just referring to the concern on the effects of rust and weakening of the structural pivot which might affect safety in a dive that's all. ;) Always have a backup.

Understand. Looking at folder as they are much smaller. I find the fixed blades kinda too long for my liking. So thinking of keeping it around 4 inch. I guess i'll just have to weigh the pros and cons. I do not mind doing post dive maintenance after the trip and throw the knife into the basin with my camera after every dives. Since I am the type that will strip my torch all up to clean as well. :p Lucky I only dive around 4 times a yr for now.

Will soaking the knife and rinsing it with running water and dripping some oil at the hinge be sufficient?

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
Understand. Looking at folder as they are much smaller. I find the fixed blades kinda too long for my liking. So thinking of keeping it around 4 inch. I guess i'll just have to weigh the pros and cons. I do not mind doing post dive maintenance after the trip and throw the knife into the basin with my camera after every dives. Since I am the type that will strip my torch all up to clean as well. :p Lucky I only dive around 4 times a yr for now.

Will soaking the knife and rinsing it with running water and dripping some oil at the hinge be sufficient?

Actually if you're just cutting cord, I recommend the eezycut trilobite.. I use that now, one side for cutting and i keep the other side untouched for emergency.. It's also very compact! I also carry a shear as backup.. Soaking it is fine, but be careful of grit and sand.. The fine sea sand can tear up the moving parts very fast when u open the knife.. Just as all the dive gear, cam housing and torch, rinse out all the sand.... Then store the knife well oiled should be fine.

Last edited:

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Frozenboiboi

Reaction score
I think you misunderstood me. I am saying they do not carry small blades. I am looking for blades that is between 2-3 inches. It's just for cutting lines or wires if I got entangled.

Where did you get the dragonfly salt? In SG?

I dont dive, so viix words are probably more credible. But i carry my dragonfly salt when going for a run after midnight. When showering, i'll just rinse the whole knife in water and so far so good. I got my knife from knifeworks, but if u're going to order from there, u gotta order at least 100usd worth of items.

Richter

Reaction score
Actually if you're just cutting cord, I recommend the eezycut trilobite.. I use that now, one side for cutting and i keep the other side untouched for emergency.. It's also very compact! I also carry a shear as backup.. Soaking it is fine, but be careful of grit and sand.. The fine sea sand can tear up the moving parts very fast when u open the knife.. Just as all the dive gear, cam housing and torch.. Then store the knife well oiled should be fine.

Can replace the blades. Cool.

slayergut

Reaction score
My BRKT Bravo2 has arrived. It is very well made indeed

P1000534.jpg

P1000535.jpg

P1000538.jpg

WHY???
I'm saving up like crazy now to buy climbing n trekking equipment, but everytime i come here i see things like these and kena poison...i should stop coming here...

VERY NICE BTW. :D

Spurgears

Reaction score
:s31: Looks hefty! I already find the B1 hefty! the b2 must make an expensive chopper! Hows the balance on this knife?

It's actually not as hefty as it looks.. I bought this together with an additional loveless sheath for my bravo 1 and the entire package only weight 1.81 lbs, I think less than 1kg...

It is also very balance and light weight which kinda makes it not really a good chopper.. I would prefer to use my cs trail master for chopping task.

P1000549.jpg

Last edited:

Spurgears

Reaction score
WHY???
I'm saving up like crazy now to buy climbing n trekking equipment, but everytime i come here i see things like these and kena poison...i should stop coming here...

VERY NICE BTW. :D

My obsession with knives ignited when my mum brought me to watch Greystoke Tarzan (the one by Christopher Lambert) at Capitol cinema in the 1984 :eek:

Bro, save yourself while you still can... I already kena poison deep deep until I am an addict now... buy all these knives only to be stored in the cabinet with no chance to use at all... I already completed my reservist liao so no more out field

My wife complain non stop and I may need to check myself in for rehabilitation soon... so dun be like me spend lots of money on white elephant :s8:

user14

Reaction score
just bought a spyderco ladybug from amazon.

First "real" knife i ever own.

The earlier few were all those chinese knifes from dealextreme or san ren mu.

Did you ship direct to your address? Amazon said it couldn't ship to my address in Singapore. :(

On another note, looking to buy a Spyderco Tenacious. :)

slayergut

Reaction score
My obsession with knives ignited when my mum brought me to watch Greystoke Tarzan (the one by Christopher Lambert) at Capitol cinema in the 1984 :eek:

Bro, save yourself while you still can... I already kena poison deep deep until I am an addict now... buy all these knives only to be stored in the cabinet with no chance to use at all... I already completed my reservist liao so no more out field

My wife complain non stop and I may need to check myself in for rehabilitation soon... so dun be like me spend lots of money on white elephant :s8:

Already spent everything i have on knives.. T.T but i've already got a knife to cover my 'needs' so i'm slowing down.. no more safe queens for me! I haven't even go NS yet. So MAYBE i'll get to use some of my knives next time.
Now use the money to go places to climb instead. :D

BTW people i'm still looking to sell my BM530 brand new! Ordered extra last time.

Last edited:

Spurgears

Reaction score
Already spent everything i have on knives.. T.T but i've already got a knife to cover my 'needs' so i'm slowing down.. no more safe queens for me! I haven't even go NS yet. So MAYBE i'll get to use some of my knives next time.
Now use the money to go places to climb instead. :D

BTW people i'm still looking to sell my BM530 brand new! Ordered extra last time.

Havnt NS yet!? oh my gosh you're YOUNG Haha!

I am sure you'll have plenty of opportunity to hard use your knives in field... when you're operational. When I was NSF, we use to draw Ontario blade machete from CQ store for out field.

Spurgears

Reaction score
We should have an exclusive forum for Sg knives collector... a place where local knives enthusiast can engage in knives discussion or share lobang and common interest... and photos

If there isn't already one... does anybody have any suggestion on how we should start one? maybe delphi forum?

foosdoll

Reaction score
how do u guys ship in knives from overseas? borderlinx just reject my package and returned to amazon. so sad.

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
@foosdoll: urm, all forwarders do not allow shipping of blades/knives.. just ship them direct, but shipping price isn't cheap..

@Spurgears: Nice! You still keep the Greystoke Tarzan? Mine started with an opinel my dad handed me for fishing eons ago.. it's now a shelf queen but that knife has alot of sentimental value all the way back from school days lol.. and the missus complaints is something we have to get use to!

anyway a forum is troublesome to administer with all the spam bots floating about cyberspace.. my suggestion would be a facebook group page or something, kept closed and easier to manage..

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.