Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

toe

Reaction score
If I take USD cash and deposit into my FCY settlement account via counter, is there any transaction fees?

1) FCY and any securities settlement accounts are NOT transactional accounts. they are internal accounts, therefore you would need a transactional account (eg e$aver/Xtrasaver) to fund the accounts. That is the reason why you need to open an account to fund them.

2) You cannot deposit directly into a securities settlement account. Only way to do that is to open a FCY Savings account (which has got a minimum amount and fall below fee).

3) Deposit foreign currency into any bank would incur you a 1.5% charge upfront. ( I heard of some banks waiving it, but they are the exception rather than then norm)

4) Transferring funds from e$avers to any FCY Security Settlement accounts will be done at board rate. Which is not the best of rates, only $50k and above can the RM call the trader for a better rate.

Hope the above helps.

Some_body

Reaction score
1) FCY and any securities settlement accounts are NOT transactional accounts. they are internal accounts, therefore you would need a transactional account (eg e$aver/Xtrasaver) to fund the accounts. That is the reason why you need to open an account to fund them.

2) You cannot deposit directly into a securities settlement account. Only way to do that is to open a FCY Savings account (which has got a minimum amount and fall below fee).

3) Deposit foreign currency into any bank would incur you a 1.5% charge upfront. ( I heard of some banks waiving it, but they are the exception rather than then norm)

4) Transferring funds from e$avers to any FCY Security Settlement accounts will be done at board rate. Which is not the best of rates, only $50k and above can the RM call the trader for a better rate.

Hope the above helps.

Thanks for the reply.

I was looking at this USD High A/C (http://www.standardchartered.com.sg/personal-banking/deposits/usd-high-account/en/) this morning and it has wavier of 1.5% commission and no min deposit requirement etc. Then I saw it is only for priority customers. So no solution for me.

The_Davis

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
huh so i don't transfer money to the securities settlement account? :s11:

damn, i just transferred some money over to that account

toe

Reaction score

sms_bro

Reaction score
Just got my trading account active.

When login to ebanking,
beside my Esaver account there are 2 more account,
SECURITIES TRADING ACCOUNT
SECURITIES SETTLEMENT ACCOUNT

Do any of the bro know or use the account already?

If i wish to trade then i deposit the money in my Esaver or which account.

godsdoom

Reaction score
Just got my trading account active.

When login to ebanking,
beside my Esaver account there are 2 more account,
SECURITIES TRADING ACCOUNT
SECURITIES SETTLEMENT ACCOUNT

Do any of the bro know or use the account already?

If i wish to trade then i deposit the money in my Esaver or which account.

Trading is the one they will store the stocks in, settlement is where you must transfer money in before you can make any purchase.

S1rius

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Is there any way I can purchase sheng siong ipo thru scb trading platform? If not, what are the other ways I can do it?

Sorry, 1st time trader here :D

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just in time to get my small shares transferred into SCB. pay a few dollars of commission only. very huge savings :D

unclebutcher

Reaction score
just in time to get my small shares transferred into SCB. pay a few dollars of commission only. very huge savings :D

What is the procedure like? Go to cdp and request to transfer to scb nominees? I oso have penny stock that I want to sell but scared to queue incase BB buy 1 lot nia :D

Panerex

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Trading is the one they will store the stocks in, settlement is where you must transfer money in before you can make any purchase.

i would think this would be the procedure:

1) transfer $ into the Settlement Account, not the Trading Account. YOu can transfer $ from E-saver or X-trasaver for example.

2) make the purchase on the trading platform, and you pay via the Settlement Account.

One question:
Will i be able to buy and sell on the same day, considered that i have enough $ inside the Settlement account?

The_Davis

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
can transfer direct to settlement account from dbs posb savings?

Panerex

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will i be able to buy and sell the same counter (at the same qty) on the same day, considered that i have enough $ inside the Settlement account?

or do i need to wait till the next business day before i can sell the counter at the same qty that i bought today?

my concern here is that i do not want to land myself in a naked short situation. PLs advise. thanks

Last edited:

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will i be able to buy and sell the same counter (at the same qty) on the same day, considered that i have enough $ inside the Settlement account?

or do i need to wait till the next business day before i can sell the counter at the same qty that i bought today?

my concern here is that i do not want to land myself in a naked short situation. PLs advise. thanks

if you dont hold shares in SCB, you cannot sell. the system wouldnt allow you to sell.

SCB platform came in at the very best time when market is bleeding. My advice to all is to buy in small quantities and spread your purchases. You dont have to worry about minimum commission. :s13:

The_Davis

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
you cant do that.
so only way to do so is:

1. transfer from other banks to standchart savings account
2. transfer internally from SC savings account to settlement account
3. buy from market using standchart platform

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me the procedure for buying US$ denominated shares? Is the share settlement account is a S$ account? Does that mean that SCB automatically converts US$ to S$ or...?

spitfirxe

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can I ask something. What is the min age to open a SCB Online Trading account?

I just opened an e$aver. Tried to open an online trading account, and they prompted me must be 21 and above. ARHHHH

Panerex

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if you dont hold shares in SCB, you cannot sell. the system wouldnt allow you to sell.

SCB platform came in at the very best time when market is bleeding. My advice to all is to buy in small quantities and spread your purchases. You dont have to worry about minimum commission. :s13:

may i know typically how long does it take for SCB to credit the shares to our SCB account? Next business day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.