View Single Post
Old 15-08-2011, 11:20 PM   #7
Haonan
Arch-Supremacy Member

Screen-4.5/5
Being a IPS the sharpness and color contrast of the screen is nothing less then amazing,bright and sharp even under sunlight,178 deg viewing angel.
If it is in 3D Mode obviously the view angel is limited by the in-built polarizer.
Interesting review there, thanks for sharing with us speedknight. But I thought maybe I should clear up and clarify some misinformation posted here, as Sharp handsets whether they are made/sold by NTT Docomo/Softbank/au KDDI, Sharp has never coupled any IPS panel displays for their own handsets as they do manufacture their own AQUOS LCD panels/Mobile-ASV panels natively in Japan, and the ones utilised in 007SH are known as their Mobile-ASV panels, or more specifically New Mobile-ASV displays, to differentiate between their newer and older produced prototypes. (included a chart below for everyone's reading benefit)

In fact, according to their own press release for the Sharp 007SH, the 007SH model is using a variant of the Mobile-ASV display that only reproduces only up to 65k colors (and viewing angles is only up to 176-degrees, not 178 as stated by speedknight), as opposed to the 16.7 million colors displays usually used in their earlier handsets. My belief is because as these newer 2011 handsets are having the 2D/3D switchable support for their display screens, there's this hardware limitation built into it, which may be lifted in future variants.