EDMW Knife Collectors

amlim

Reaction score
Going to let go a lightly used black FRN Endura 4 or a new blue FRN Endura 4 flat ground.

Anyone interested?

Lonerider

Reaction score
More knives

564j.jpg

563n.jpg

561cw.jpg

Lonerider

Reaction score
More Knives

546m.jpg

547d.jpg

551r.jpg

549f.jpg

Unfortunately it came with a deep scratch on the titanium side. Hope this photo shows it. I'm sending her to Kai USA for a spa treatment. Hopefully she comes back all fixed up.

I was supposed to get 3 of these but Knife Center messed things up and ended up with only one from Knife Works. Knife Works have not responded to my e-mail about the scratch so it's off to Kai. I'm re-considering buying from them again. God knows how much I've spent at their store.
552k.jpg

Reaction score
546m.jpg

547d.jpg

551r.jpg

549f.jpg

Unfortunately it came with a deep scratch on the titanium side. Hope this photo shows it. I'm sending her to Kai USA for a spa treatment. Hopefully she comes back all fixed up.

I was supposed to get 3 of these but Knife Center messed things up and ended up with only one from Knife Works. Knife Works have not responded to my e-mail about the scratch so it's off to Kai. I'm re-considering buying from them again. God knows how much I've spent at their store.
552k.jpg

yo buttie mind SIC the last knife where to buy? thanks!

Frozenboiboi

Reaction score
Yeah. knifeworks doesn't care about the knives they sent u is damaged or not. Awesome ZT 0551... I hope i can save up for the 560.

Spurgears

Reaction score
546m.jpg

547d.jpg

551r.jpg

549f.jpg

552k.jpg

Very nice ZT 0551 folder!! limited to 1 pc per customer but its out of stock now... you always got good eyes for collectors items!

Lonerider

Reaction score
Very nice ZT 0551 folder!! limited to 1 pc per customer but its out of stock now... you always got good eyes for collectors items!

Actually Knife Centre doesn't have such limits but heck... They screwed up my order. Noticed the later versions are all higher priced... they aren't selling too well though. Guess the favourable USD to SGD exchange rate isn't going to make knives any cheaper. I expect to see a few more sellers selling to overseas customer soon. I heard their local sales are slowing down a lot. Good news for collectors I guess.

FYI some buyers aren't happy with Kershaw because the initial run was to be for 1000 knives but the first run had LOTS of issues so they had a second run so now the number stands at 2000! If anyone is buying these ask for lots of photos especially of blade centering and lockbar. Seems some of the earlier run had lockbars that went all the way to the G10 scale.

Last edited:

holychef

Master Member
Reaction score
hi guys, do you know if the blade can still be repaired if its like this? lent it to my friend for a scout camp but she messed up the blade pretty badly :mad:

4695267082_25855912f5_z.jpg

Lonerider

Reaction score
hi guys, do you know if the blade can still be repaired if its like this? lent it to my friend for a scout camp but she messed up the blade pretty badly :mad:

I think a view of the other side of the blade would be useful too. Worst case scenario is to sharpen all the serrations off. I've done this before using a Dremel and holding the knife in a vise.

Last edited:
Reaction score
just got my spyderco ladybug from amazon--> com gateway. No problems with customs or com gateway. But the knife is really small! Total price like 45sgd plus shipping.

Not as sharp as expected so probably going to do some sandpaper sharpening. Should have bought the spyderco sharp maker too.

Lonerider

Reaction score
just got my spyderco ladybug from amazon--> com gateway. No problems with customs or com gateway. But the knife is really small! Total price like 45sgd plus shipping.

Not as sharp as expected so probably going to do some sandpaper sharpening. Should have bought the spyderco sharp maker too.

Really? That's a first for me. All my Spydercos have been shaving sharp but I guess these things happen. Honestly you could probably get it cheaper on eBay as I noticed ComGateway's shipping is more for heavier stuff. Regardless, enjoy the knife, Ladybugs are good starter knives. I bought a purple one for my friend and she's hooked on them and is now trying to collect the whole series; there are many models. I think of Ladybugs and Delicas as gateway knives (like gateway drugs)... You try them once thinking it's OK, only to get hooked for life. Rehab is painful...

slayergut

Reaction score

Wow thats pretty bad..if i were you i'll take it to an extra coarse stone and grind the serrations off..and make it plain edge, which i prefer anyway hahahaha

holychef

Master Member
Reaction score
Wow thats pretty bad..if i were you i'll take it to an extra coarse stone and grind the serrations off..and make it plain edge, which i prefer anyway hahahaha

is there anyway to keep the serrations? it gets kinda helpful when removing bark from tree branches

I think a view of the other side of the blade would be useful too. Worst case scenario is to sharpen all the serrations off. I've done this before using a Dremel and holding the knife in a vise.

the other side looks about the same too though.

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
is there anyway to keep the serrations? it gets kinda helpful when removing bark from tree branches

the other side looks about the same too though.

But why are you removing tree bark? If it's on a twig, you can just push cut with a sharp plain edge instead of using a sawing motion. And bark is pretty easy to peel off anyway. I hope you are not removing alot of bark from a live tree though.. it'll kill it.

Back to the knife, it's looks like that area is a plain edge that chip? Maybe can grind it off with a dremel and give it a slight recurve? It's not gonne be easy to freehand without going the entire cutting edge of the knife though..

Reaction score
I like switchblades and ballistic knives.

Too bad they're illegal.

Anyway, aren't those folding knives illegal too? They look like they're meant for killing people.

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
I like switchblades and ballistic knives.

Too bad they're illegal.

Anyway, aren't those folding knives illegal too? They look like they're meant for killing people.

As illegal as your kitchen knives as long as they're not automatic or assisted. HTH

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.