CFA Level 1 Preparation: Kaplan vs CFA Singapore vs Self-Study

ineedspace

Reaction score
do i go straight to CFA institute@ MAS building to apply or kaplan would be just fine. any idea whens the next intake?

future2

Reaction score
selling my stalla 2011 level 1 cfa self study package(new and sealed)for 190
1)study guide -5 books
2)practice exam workbook
3)passmaster

sms 96850904

Last edited:

janiceileen

Reaction score
Hi,

Where can I get the CFA study note+qbank? I saw kaplan selling

Self-Study Packages

SchweserNotes™$349.00
Essential Study$599.00
Premium Study $999.00
PremiumPlus™ $1,399.00

is this the ones?? its quite ex,which one is good enough to pass level 1?

thanks thanks!

maisatomai

Banned
Reaction score
Go down to Kaplan@starhub center to ask them which suit you the best. Some need only qbank, some need study note, and some need video to pass...

Hi,

Where can I get the CFA study note+qbank? I saw kaplan selling

Self-Study Packages

SchweserNotes™$349.00
Essential Study$599.00
Premium Study $999.00
PremiumPlus™ $1,399.00

is this the ones?? its quite ex,which one is good enough to pass level 1?

thanks thanks!

lindsaynguyen

Reaction score
I see... after reading tonnes of advise, i plan to order the schweaser essential study package which includes the qbank and condensed study notes... can i get ur advice on this ??

Hi, I also want to take CFA Level 1 in June 2012. Thus, I think it would help a lot with a group study. If you dont mind, care to form a group?

mooo000

Reaction score
Hi, I also want to take CFA Level 1 in June 2012. Thus, I think it would help a lot with a group study. If you dont mind, care to form a group?

i also planning to take it in june, since nothing to do. but I haven sign up yet, can say where can register for exam, like physical location? Dont like to sign up online, feels so unsafe, prefer like physical sign up, at least got proof also

radhkrish

Reaction score
Hi, Even I am taking CFA Level 1 in June 2012. I also feel it would help a lot with a group study. If you dont mind, care to form a group?

mooo000

Reaction score
count me in, if you all forming a june grp. Havent sign up though, have u all sign up for the exam?

oeibeng

Reaction score
Hi to all... I just registered online for Level 1...dun think its unsafe or anything..now pending for the books to come...

fab88234

Reaction score
Hi

I am going to register for the june 2012 exam. Would there be a significant difference if I were to use Schweser 2011 instead of latest 2012 edition?

I called up Kapland and they did tell me there are changes in the content between 2011 and 2012 edition and I should sign up for the tutorial class (most likely wun sign up).

I might be gg down to their intro talk tomorrow evening

hellfire190

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i wanna take cfa level 1 too... haven't registered yet... any1 knows if the location can be changed after registering? not sure to take in sg or aus...

maisatomai

Banned
Reaction score
Hi

I am going to register for the june 2012 exam. Would there be a significant difference if I were to use Schweser 2011 instead of latest 2012 edition?

I called up Kapland and they did tell me there are changes in the content between 2011 and 2012 edition and I should sign up for the tutorial class (most likely wun sign up).

I might be gg down to their intro talk tomorrow evening

Change in LOS usually 1 or 2 core readings. You can just use the old schweser 2011 and as for the 1 or 2 core readings, you read the textbook.

fab88234

Reaction score
Ho Maisatomai, Thanks for the quick reply! I guess I shall not spend unnecessary money getting the new version:)

maisatomai

Banned
Reaction score
Actually some China website like cfaspace.com super helpful for CFA study.

My strategies for CFA (From a person who scored near >70% for CFA 1,2,3 and cleared the 3 papers in one shot:s13:):
CFA L1: Attempt all of Schweser Qbank+past year paper. Make sure you know what you are doing. Understand the concept not memories the concept.
CFA L2: Attempt all of Schweser Qbank+past year paper.
CFA L3: Have superb time management. Most candidates fail because they cannot finish the paper.

kim.tae.hee

Reaction score
I heard that Stalla books are closer to the CFA exam content since they have good relationship with CFA. However, I can't find the link to download Stalla notes? anyone know, plz help me (older versions, like 2009, 2010, are still fine with me). thks

kim.tae.hee

Reaction score
selling my stalla 2011 level 1 cfa self study package(new and sealed)for 190
1)study guide -5 books
2)practice exam workbook
3)passmaster

sms 96850904

hic. that's the one I need. but too expensive. do u have the ebook version?

hellfire190

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of going for this CFA, but I've no degree yet... Can I still do level I?

i think u've got to be in ur 2nd or final yr of degree. alternatively, work experience can be used too. disclaimer: pls check again with the website...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.