Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

evets

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone could provide feedback on the SCB trading platform?
If i understand correctly, shares bought with SCB doesnt go to CDP, so its like having a bet with the bank..

Its abit similar to Saxo account.. but the bid-ask price sometimes like different from SGX bid-ask.. will SCB price be the same?

shares bought through scb are kept in the bank's custody under your account. it is unlike stock brokage houses where shares all are stored in cdp.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In my experience, I was really disappointed with their customer service.. and my rulebook is never choose a brokerage with poor support.. but hopefully I can understand them further if I make a call sooner or later..

If you put on your ego, you lose on the no frills platform. Personally i have saved a few hundred bucks with them as i dont buy in big amount.

metallickgoz

Reaction score
If you put on your ego, you lose on the no frills platform. Personally i have saved a few hundred bucks with them as i dont buy in big amount.

not really ego ba.. if u are parting your money to a brokerage that doesn't give answers or support, i think i will give it a miss

comeonshowme

Reaction score
not really ego ba.. if u are parting your money to a brokerage that doesn't give answers or support, i think i will give it a miss

That will depend on what you are looking for: good service but pay standard comm, or so call no min comm with less than expected service. Every investor got his own preference...

But I still think ultimately, the most important is still you able to make from the market. If not, even they refund the comm to investors also no use... :D

XPAC

Reaction score
Has the $100 worth of 2 free trades been credited back to SCB customers?

metallickgoz

Reaction score
That will depend on what you are looking for: good service but pay standard comm, or so call no min comm with less than expected service. Every investor got his own preference...

But I still think ultimately, the most important is still you able to make from the market. If not, even they refund the comm to investors also no use... :D

true true.. actually i was looking at a minimum support.. maybe because i send an email of 3 qns to SCB and the CSO who replied just deadly refer me to the FAQ when my answers cant be found.

I did send alot of emails to other discount brokerages, with prompt and swift answers to each qn.
thats y im abit doubtful of SCB.. that the CSO cant even answer some questions

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I did send alot of emails to other discount brokerages, with prompt and swift answers to each qn.
thats y im abit doubtful of SCB.. that the CSO cant even answer some questions

thats because the other brokers are eager to earn from you :s13:

frankly speaking, if you read the whole of this thread, 80% are really dumb questions. i suspect these people dont understand english. so i hope your questions belong to the 20%.

metallickgoz

Reaction score

frankly speaking, if you read the whole of this thread, 80% are really dumb questions. i suspect these people dont understand english. so i hope your questions belong to the 20%.
frankly i think my question is in the 50% space

takishi

Reaction score
just want to share what i experience today on SCB platform.

I put up a limit order for a counter in the closing minutes of the market.

Sense that my price cannot get, i proceed to cancel it to put up a market order right away. Usually once you cancel, very soon you will get the sms and email confirmation. but i did not get it.

Then i get a sms telling me my market order rejected cause no purchase power. Check my status, show my earlier limit order cancel is pending.

alamak, market closing, cannot buy, counter price very attractive.

Called CS, checking, put on hold. then the price rebound and market close. CS say she cannot do anything also, damn sian. Then sms come in, my limit order filled. :D

Do you think there is a need to be concern over this?

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Sense that my price cannot get, i proceed to cancel it to put up a market order right away. Usually once you cancel, very soon you will get the sms and email confirmation. but i did not get it.

Then i get a sms telling me my market order rejected cause no purchase power. Check my status, show my earlier limit order cancel is pending.

Called CS, checking, put on hold. then the price rebound and market close. CS say she cannot do anything also, damn sian. Then sms come in, my limit order filled. :D

what time did you send your limit order and cancel? you know that you cant cancel during pre-close?

i have canceled numerous times during trading hourse. you cant rely on the email and sms because they are delayed. but if you check order status, the cancel will fill quickly.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

you send a limit order A
you cancel the limit order A thinking the order wil be cancelled immediately
you send a new market order B
your market order B is rejected because of not enough purchase power
you check your limit order A and is still in pending cancel
you called cso n verify
market closed
you receive sms that your limit order A is filled

which means the limit order is already filled by the central dealer, before you send cancel order, just that the reply from central dealer is slower or central dealer has already receive your cancel order but he is trying to fill your limit order A first before he see whether he can acknowledge your cancel limit order A

for your information, the execution is done by a central dealer, not direct market access, because as of now, sgx is still not able to process market order so therefore i suspect the central dealer that execute your order is a human broker so dont expect the reply for your order status to be fast

Last edited:

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
what time did you send your limit order and cancel? you know that you cant cancel during pre-close?

i have canceled numerous times during trading hourse. you cant rely on the email and sms because they are delayed. but if you check order status, the cancel will fill quickly.

i dont think you can particpate in pre-close or send in new order after 5pm in scb, correct me if im wrong

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

cso dont execute order, they are a seperate business department from the brokers. they are just merely doing their jobs, but to be fair to standchart, their cso are busy people, limited man power but bombarded by many many questions

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
anyone could provide feedback on the SCB trading platform?
If i understand correctly, shares bought with SCB doesnt go to CDP, so its like having a bet with the bank..

Its abit similar to Saxo account.. but the bid-ask price sometimes like different from SGX bid-ask.. will SCB price be the same?

shares brought with scb will not go to cdp but to a custodian account which is held seperately from the banks, so if scb bankrupt, your shares are spared since it is a seperate entity from scb

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
cso dont execute order, they are a seperate business department from the brokers. they are just merely doing their jobs, but to be fair to standchart, their cso are busy people, limited man power but bombarded by many many questions

yes they dont execute orders. but they have a duty to promote the company. and if they are free, of course they can promote better. i do agree on the constraint at SCB side. trying to implement low cost to both sides is not easy while maintaining good support. but seriously, if only the dumb questions can be contained, im sure SCB can spend time answering to the right questions.

i dont think you can particpate in pre-close or send in new order after 5pm in scb, correct me if im wrong

i have not tried so i dont know. to me its not really important. as a long term investor, im less concerned to a few bids different.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
shares brought with scb will not go to cdp but to a custodian account which is held seperately from the banks, so if scb bankrupt, your shares are spared since it is a seperate entity from scb

shares are held under raffles nominee account. you will see on your statement if you did transfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.