Recommended Cat Food & Shops in Singapore

tortoise18

Banned
Reaction score
btw currently feeding them solid gold indigo moon. can recommend me cheaper alternatives? feeding about 20 community cats :p

metallickgoz

Reaction score
My cat is taking Solid Gold Indigo Moon also... after changing from Wellness Core..

My cat has a peculiar habit though which I dunno if u guys have the same problem.. She always wants me to accompany her to eat her dry food.. so i have to pour some for her to eat..

and she doesn't like to eat those leftovers from few hours ago maybe because her saliva was on those older biscuits.

She also doesnt like eating from the plates, so i have to change papers everyday for her food

anyone has the same situation with me?

tatsit

Honorary Member
Reaction score
My cat is taking Solid Gold Indigo Moon also... after changing from Wellness Core..

My cat has a peculiar habit though which I dunno if u guys have the same problem.. She always wants me to accompany her to eat her dry food.. so i have to pour some for her to eat..

and she doesn't like to eat those leftovers from few hours ago maybe because her saliva was on those older biscuits.

She also doesnt like eating from the plates, so i have to change papers everyday for her food

anyone has the same situation with me?
did you keep doing that when she was young? i think it has become a habit.

just make sure you feed in regular timings. if you want to change her habit, just put the food in the plate/bowl and leave her as it is, if she is hungry, she will eat.

metallickgoz

Reaction score
did you keep doing that when she was young? i think it has become a habit.

just make sure you feed in regular timings. if you want to change her habit, just put the food in the plate/bowl and leave her as it is, if she is hungry, she will eat.

haha if she hungry, she will not touch the old biscuits, she will meow me until crazy to pour new biscuits, and i must be there to eat with her, if not she will walk away with me lol.. this happen for already 6 years..

she will not eat from plate leh.. coz i think she will eat and sometimes the saliva being left on the plate, so if pour new biscuits on the plate, she will not touch it..

and i have been running out of good quality magazine papers, anyone can recommend thick thick magazine? also very funny, those poor quality paper, she will not touch the food

metallickgoz

Reaction score
so i wanted to ask if any cat owners, do their cats
1) eat their biscuits alone without you around?
2) eat biscuits from plates or papers?
3) eat biscuits left over for a few hours, or insist on fresh biscuits?
4) do their toilet business in the toilet?

do you (owners)
1) need to accompany your cats and feed her 10 times daily?
2) change water daily?
3) give raw meat to cats?
4) have dry food wastage? (my cat always don't eat the stale biscuits and i have to throw away)

and surprisingly, even though i have a cat for 6 years, i have not bought any cat litter before, coz she always do her business in the drain hole of the toilet

Jurlique

Master Member
Reaction score
so i wanted to ask if any cat owners, do their cats
1) eat their biscuits alone without you around?
Yes

2) eat biscuits from plates or papers?
Ceramic bowl

3) eat biscuits left over for a few hours, or insist on fresh biscuits?
Eat leftover. I don't put that much anw so he will finish all.

4) do their toilet business in the toilet?
Litterbox

do you (owners)
1) need to accompany your cats and feed her 10 times daily?
Lol. No. And 10 times per day? Crazy ah

2) change water daily?
Every feeding time

3) give raw meat to cats?
Occasionally when I'm cooking

4) have dry food wastage? (my cat always don't eat the stale biscuits and i have to throw away)
Sometimes, when got ants. Don't feed so much la.

and surprisingly, even though i have a cat for 6 years, i have not bought any cat litter before, coz she always do her business in the drain hole of the toilet

Answered. Ur cat sounds so pampered

Last edited:

metallickgoz

Reaction score
haha yup really feed 10 times.. or probably more.. she very funny one.. sometimes eat few minutes later, as me feed again.. worse is she will wake me up 3,4,7am lol.. but quite get used to it..

haven gave her raw food before, but she likes prawns, scallops, those expensive seafood lol.. as for water i normally change 1 time per day..

i got a major problem with my cat though.. she really likes to eat plastic.. then sometimes her business come out got plastic then if jialat, will stuck there, have to pull out myself..

anyone got problems with cats eating plastic?

Jurlique

Master Member
Reaction score
haha yup really feed 10 times.. or probably more.. she very funny one.. sometimes eat few minutes later, as me feed again.. worse is she will wake me up 3,4,7am lol.. but quite get used to it..

haven gave her raw food before, but she likes prawns, scallops, those expensive seafood lol.. as for water i normally change 1 time per day..

i got a major problem with my cat though.. she really likes to eat plastic.. then sometimes her business come out got plastic then if jialat, will stuck there, have to pull out myself..

dont pamper her too much lah..just leave the food there. btw my cat also like to chew plastic. i will smack his ears whenever he bites them. dont leave plastic bag around lor.

RobinTeoHood

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

HE5uG.jpg

Eat plastic can die one.

metallickgoz

Reaction score
lol hard leh.. i already put away all plastics.. but she will go find.. dunno why they like to eat plastics.. read that eating plastic can help a cat clear its fur ball or smth like tt

tatsit

Honorary Member
Reaction score
you should stop pampering your cat. feed wheatgrass as it clear intestine, it is much safer than plastic.

another reason why she is eating it could be she wants to bite something hard to grind her teeth.

chicflic

Reaction score
Does anyone feed Nutripe? I've read through all 12 pages but yet to come across anyone feeding Nutripe to their cats.

Valour

Master Member
Reaction score
btw currently feeding them solid gold indigo moon. can recommend me cheaper alternatives? feeding about 20 community cats :p

Thanks for sharing, I read up both indigo info and the online web you shared above, and was thinking if I feed the stray cats with indigo moon, would it affect their diet in anyway from other kind of food?

Wonderful thread, thanks for sharing.

chicflic

Reaction score
Tried it with my cat. At first he liked it then he hated it. Dunno why.

Is it considered a good brand of cat food? Looking at the ingredients, it seems like it is but I hardly find anyone commenting on Nutripe cat food online. It also does not seem to be available overseas.

miss_arcee

Reaction score
yah it's very difficult to change. My cat rather go hungry than eat a different brand of food. She only likes Royal canin dry food and this hard to find brand wet food - bistro. So far found it in shop n save and giant but recently can't find it anymore. Anyone seen it elsewhere?

Yowzer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yah it's very difficult to change. My cat rather go hungry than eat a different brand of food. She only likes Royal canin dry food and this hard to find brand wet food - bistro. So far found it in shop n save and giant but recently can't find it anymore. Anyone seen it elsewhere?

It can be done. But really got to change slowly & don't give in to them. It is for their long term health. Slowly mix in increasing parts of the new food over time.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.