For the old condo Orchid Park at Yishun, what's the chance of en-bloc if you buy now?

ngeo12

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Top up charges are only for enbloc developer who wants to redevelop the estate and launch a new condo with a fresh 99-year LH.

If the condo is not enbloc'd, you just have to pay maintenance and sinking funds regularly. If the MC is good, sinking funds accumulated slowly through the years should take care of important repairs and replacements.

thank you for your valuable advices..
anyway.. in summary..
no more en-bloc.. but extremely difficult to re-sell after few years due to age.. probably i will just kill it cos jod also entered deeper waters.. dont want to get into that kind of inflexibility..

marnee

Reaction score
impossible to en bloc....economy is so bad now...furthermore its leasehold 99, developer will need to top up a considerable amount to extend it or make it freehold..yishun sommeore...if its grange road (near Orchard) still possible but still not in todays weak economic situation..

valkri

Reaction score
impossible to en bloc....economy is so bad now...furthermore its leasehold 99, developer will need to top up a considerable amount to extend it or make it freehold..yishun sommeore...if its grange road (near Orchard) still possible but still not in todays weak economic situation..

top up to make it freehold??? Are you sure this is possible???

:s31:

marnee

Reaction score
top up to make it freehold??? Are you sure this is possible???

:s31:

Yeah I read it on e newspapers b4 but its extremely exp to do so..which some developers might not think its worth the while unless its very good locations...Grange road has a few 99 year lease..lets see if they will ever go enbloc & turn freehold in future cycles..def not anytime soon..hee

If u know for pple working for developers, u can try asking them?

bolster

Master Member
Reaction score
enblk is pratically impossible for this orchid park.

to be enblk, you need to make sure the plot ratio allow them to build twice higher or mre than twice the number of existing units.

Bear in mind that it is near to the selatar and sembawang airbase. unless this 2 airbase move to ubin or tekong, there is no way the URA going to increase the plot ratio for this condo.

good example is LKY house. the surrounding house cannot build high to oversee his house unless he moved to a penthouse.

ieast

Reaction score
Not in this current market condition esp leasehold @ yishun not exactly prime location.

Reaction score
i think within the next 5 years almost no chance of enbloc (off chance for you can never rule anything out)

As for capital appreciation. you never know, if the market recovers, it'll be too slow for you to react.
As for capital depreciation, there's always the chance you get stuck with this place, and the final en-bloc price is subpar.

Bottomline is you never know what the future brings. Yishun isn't that popular, but prices for northpoint is fairly high compared to other areas in the north for example, albeit its a MD.

On a rational side,
1. i don't think prices can go down much more, unless a major crisis strikes.
2. Prices will not shoot up like before either.
3. If you have calculated a finances and you definitely need a place to stay, otherwise you'll be bleeding through rent, just get what you like, it seems you have been conservative on your budget estimation which i think is wise.
4. This is Singapore as with any other cities. To have a roof over your head is better than no roof. Usually right after CM is the coolest market, sometimes right after CM is not a bad time to buy
5. There will always be more lucrative developments with more potential, but if you're budget tight you're budget tight. The alternative is to wait until you have more budget, but how long? And how will the market move? Sometimes patience reaps, other times, patience bleeds and you miss the boat. Unless this is your second property and you're banking on investment/en-bloc gains, treat it as a home and not an investment, then can just spend enough time in the market instead of timing the market.

Last edited:

bujingyun82

Reaction score
Here now in 2021.. wife’s friend just bought a unit for ”enbloc”… talk about enbloc 10 years already still haven’t enbloc..

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Here now in 2021.. wife’s friend just bought a unit for ”enbloc”… talk about enbloc 10 years already still haven’t enbloc..
Miltonia side so many land slated for residential also facing reservoir. What makes developer to buy this plot for redevelopment. Too big too!

Dixon.

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Technically speaking, every condo can enbloc.
It's just the probability of it being successful only..

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Miltonia side so many land slated for residential also facing reservoir. What makes developer to buy this plot for redevelopment. Too big too!
Orchid country club closing by 2030.
if the land slated there r for residential, I think the reservoir view is nearer n nicer.

Yea, no need buy this plot and go through enbloc for redevelopment.

䏣炆玧示老太

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Agent is urging me to write check, but one thing I am worried about is the event of en-bloc. With seller's stamp duty @ 16% for first year, en-bloc will probably make me lose $ in first few years. How big is the chance of an en-bloc pay you higher by 16% of marketing value?

The unit I intend to buy has excellent view and it's one of the better location in the condo. Far from the road, pool view.. balcony etc. so price is higher than the others of same floor area. Will en-bloc take these factors into consideration when it comes to compensation..

Thank you for your suggestion..
don't worry just go ahead to buy
won't enbloc for a long long time

page||

Reaction score
Wow 10 years old thread. Good la.. can always search and update if enbloc successfully 😂

䏣炆玧示老太

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow 10 years old thread. Good la.. can always search and update if enbloc successfully 😂
SG has too much land for development so enbloc is very hard unless it's prime land with vastly increased plot ratio approved by gov to push for enbloc

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.