fitness first

Inflicter

Reaction score
And no trainers around to tell me to lower the noise when doing deadlifts.

Haha yeah but sometimes will have.. Think some of them arrange for their PT sessions in the morning.

Today morning did those deadlifts then I have to slowly lower and drop them :(

gkhchay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do people do that at the 'hardcore' gyms here? I never done it in my life.

Yup, esp those with lifting platforms... unfortunately you can probably count the no of hardcore gyms in Singapore with 1 hand I think

gkhchay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha yeah but sometimes will have.. Think some of them arrange for their PT sessions in the morning.

That's probably 1 of the main reasons why I don't join any gym these days.. most of these are too damn commercialized for my liking.

The best 1 was Gold's Gym in the 80s, followed by World's Gym... too bad all of them have closed down.

vurtomatic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

If you train at 7am in the morning no trainers right? I don't remember seeing any last time.

Yeah today I did my squats/deads, have to be super conscious when I lower my bar. FML. Good thing I was doing 3x15 so the weights not heavy.

dolphin22

Reaction score
So which gym do you go to early in the morning? Haha me too but I wake up even earlier so I can shower, eat breakfast, do some foam rolling then change and walk to the gym. Usually reach there at 6 when it opens. But now I'm going slightly later coz I always finishmy workout quite early..

Yeah agreed man, go in morning no crowd one. In fact almost no one, but more and more people will come in. luckily those people liketo go do cardio instead of lifting ;p whole free weights section so empty damn shiok, can do whatever u want at ur own time also

Wah another early BIRD! haha. I usually go to One george street if I'm at office. Other than that usually at UOB plaza when I got to go clients place. Weekends then I will go the others. You usually go where ah?

You got bath ah, so hygienic? I can't be bothered. No pretty ladies in the morning hehehehe.

Got to agree with the weights thing. Bo lang eh, in the morning!

Inflicter

Reaction score
If you train at 7am in the morning no trainers right? I don't remember seeing any last time.

Yeah today I did my squats/deads, have to be super conscious when I lower my bar. FML. Good thing I was doing 3x15 so the weights not heavy.

Lol 7am all the more have.. If I already see people doing their PT sessions at 6+am, dont even need to say for 7am liao :(

Wah another early BIRD! haha. I usually go to One george street if I'm at office. Other than that usually at UOB plaza when I got to go clients place. Weekends then I will go the others. You usually go where ah?

You got bath ah, so hygienic? I can't be bothered. No pretty ladies in the morning hehehehe.

Got to agree with the weights thing. Bo lang eh, in the morning!

Oh cheyy u passport member mah, I only can go Tampines one D: But also okay lah, I will be lazy to go to the others unless I am already working and work at the CBD area.

Lol yes must shower leh, if not I think will feel 'gao wei'. Although sometimes I feel quite 'clean' if I don't do any cardio. Anyway pay so much, might as well make full use of facilities. Sometimes I will see one not bad girl at Tampines hehe, but sucks lah I will be greeted with the drain flies instead in the morning when showering :(

Damn shiok man, it's like the whole gym is yours. Do whatever you want :D

Inflicter

Reaction score
How's the crowd at FF during 7-10 weekdays and weekends? I only use freeweights, do you think its worth the price?

I've only been there on Friday night, not on the other 4 weekday nights yet so can't really judge. Well there are quite a number of people there, cardio machines about 80-90% full, free weights section got about 6-10 persons. However, most of the time should always have a free bench press and one bench. Only the squat racks will almost always be taken up, so may have to wait on that.

Actually if you dont mind the wait, then go to Clubfitt ones can liao, but then there already quite a number of people during the morning / aftn, at night will have even more :p

Cashcow

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Clubfitt is super crowded during peak hr.

How can one wait more than 10mins for yr turn? Like that, I won't get the training effect I want.

Goaty83

Reaction score
If anyone is interested, i like to transfer my membership. Left 8 mths i think , changing cos new job location not very near.

monk..

Master Member
Reaction score
If anyone is interested, i like to transfer my membership. Left 8 mths i think , changing cos new job location not very near.

FF doesnt have a contract unless yours is not even 1 year.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.