Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

taolibuyan

Reaction score
One week later got a call to ask me to attend a meeting for some investment product again. told him straight not interested.
Three day later, got a call again and was told to go to the bank to open an deposit account otherwise cannot do trading!

I asked why didnt open it when i was there at that time? again give me the bull stories....i simply told him to forget it. :s12:
Yeah unlike what's implied in their website, the online feature does not really apply to new clients.

I did not get the investment BS, they must consider you an important customer with big potential:s13:, too bad they tried to sell their products to you the way they did.

earthyblue

Master Member
Reaction score
Cheap: yes
Fast: NO
Good: to be verified...

Cheap. 0.25% compared to Kayhian's increased 0.3% for US Stocks.
Cheap. No minimum. Minimum $30 from Kayhian and I can now buy bit by bit at different pricing or sell bit by bit when there is no min comm.
Cheap. For a dividend, I just received mine from one of the US counters, 30% deduction by US side. (applicable even in Kayhian), but the most disgusting thing Kayhian did was to slap an admin fee/charges, do a currency conversion and issue a cheque to me.

SCB will just send the dividend into my FCY settlement account. without any admin fees.

Good? So far the US side not so much problem. Only thing is for local side, may have some hiccups on their bad end.

Yaco99

Reaction score
It is a SG bank now from the stand point of SG as the single biggest shareholder and its global hq is based here.

Bro, the largest shareholder is Temasek but it's still domiciled in the UK and pays most of its taxes to UK and not to us leh. And it's global hq is not based here, most of the ExB members still sits in the UK. Only it's PB hq is based here and ScB PB doesn't even rank on the top 20 list as yet but is growing quite well here.

Maserati

Reaction score
Saw Stan Chart's ad on the papers again.
http://www.standardchartered.com.sg...index.html?camp_id=mnbnr_onlinetrading_banner

Some questions:
1)Are we required to go to the bank and sign for online applications (got cdp acc liao). Need to have a bank acc with them?
2) Saw the demo platform. Are u able to watch a list counter's live price like poems?

3) what is the "transfer in" of our securities to them to enjoy up to $100 worth shopping vouchers

Me thinking of open another trading acc

Thanks

Guojing88

Master Member
Reaction score
Still cannot get the system to register the purchase of O5UU, the AIMs Reit counter for 100 share per lot.

Did not get any reply in the mailbox after asking them twice, sigh. Anyone here manage to get that counter in Stan Chart?

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Still cannot get the system to register the purchase of O5UU, the AIMs Reit counter for 100 share per lot.

Did not get any reply in the mailbox after asking them twice, sigh. Anyone here manage to get that counter in Stan Chart?

i managed to send an order. status is acknowledged.

what is your problem actually?

Guojing88

Master Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I select to buy 600 shares of O5UU and it kept getting rejected with no reason given.

Just to check, I also tried to do that with O5RU and it says I can only put in multiples of 1000 shares, which is of course correct. But how come O5UU cannot when they clearly said the lots is in 100 shares each?

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I select to buy 600 shares of O5UU and it kept getting rejected with no reason given.

Just to check, I also tried to do that with O5RU and it says I can only put in multiples of 1000 shares, which is of course correct. But how come O5UU cannot when they clearly said the lots is in 100 shares each?

Obviously system bug, recently Someone sold kepland using market order but order is filled 28 minutes later 6 cent lower..

But no minimum commission, who cares?

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

do you have enough purchasing power?

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Obviously system bug, recently Someone sold kepland using market order but order is filled 28 minutes later 6 cent lower..

But no minimum commission, who cares?

i urge you to exercise caution and be more mature in your postings. you ought to act professionally since you are in the industry and from another broking house. this is a reminder to you.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
i urge you to exercise caution and be more mature in your postings. you ought to act professionally since you are in the industry and from another broking house. this is a reminder to you.

http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showpost.php?p=60535875&postcount=3509

Z7ymh.jpg

i ish got pic got talk :s13:

http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showpost.php?p=60536000&postcount=3518

SmkCe.jpg

http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showpost.php?p=60536308&postcount=3529

XSJ6T.jpg

http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showpost.php?p=60536492&postcount=3535

P8YUm.jpg

http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showpost.php?p=60536661&postcount=3539
TDFr5.jpg

i hope you dont think i created this clone to blackname scb ba? that will be damn childish of you too

and if i am not acting professional, i would not have helped her to 'troubleshoot' and propose to her solution base on my experience with past clients in how to 'claiming' that 6 bids back right? and at all time i dont blame individual first but the system first..

but of course there is no minimun commission, so how to dispute? at least over at my side, we can sometime put these type of errenous trades into our error trade account if there is any problem with the orders due to system or broker error and charged it to the releveant cost center and of course that depends how willing your broker is willing to pursue for you.

and for your information, im not a remiser.. thank you very much

and a reminder to u and all scb users, sgx trading platform CANNOT PROCESS order type MARKET ORDERS and STOP LOSS, so dont blame sgx too if any error trade done when using scb's market order and stop loss too

Last edited:

Yaco99

Reaction score
Hey guys quick question hopefully someone using SCB online trading platform can help.

Let's say I sell some US security now. Would I be able to transfer the USD purchasing power to HKD now and buy tmr?

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey sinkie,

1) its not so much about the credibility of your claim. that is just one issue. the way you presented yourself is another issue. i dont care if you are a remisier or dealer. professional advisors usually will refrain from commenting about another platforms or advisors.

2) obviously the person you quoted is inexperience about the type of orders available. so he dont understand the consequences of using in-house extended type of orders.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys quick question hopefully someone using SCB online trading platform can help.

Let's say I sell some US security now. Would I be able to transfer the USD purchasing power to HKD now and buy tmr?

it can be done the last time i heard of. im not sure if they have plugged the hole now.

you can try but hopefully you dont get charge like an overdraft. =:p

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
hey sinkie,

1) its not so much about the credibility of your claim. that is just one issue. the way you presented yourself is another issue. i dont care if you are a remisier or dealer. professional advisors usually will refrain from commenting about another platforms or advisors.

2) obviously the person you quoted is inexperience about the type of orders available. so he dont understand the consequences of using in-house extended type of orders.

Hey MikeDirnt78,

1) firstly, I have never judge or comment openly fellow professional advisors in my same industry before here and my comments for scb is imo fair and also I'm stating the facts too..

2) yes, the person I quote is obviously inexperience but this does not hide the flaw of their inhouse order types which I'm trying to highlight these "extended" consequence and advising all scb users to use these sophisticated order types with care even though it's not my area of concern at all

Have a good day ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.