HSBC Visa Infinite card

swatchie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There are many ways to get free miles.

DBS altitude gives you 10k miles free if you charge at least 25k to the card per annum. Amex krisflyer card gives you 5k miles when you charge it for the first time, first year membership is free.

Sorry but would you have the link where DBS would give you 10k miles free if you spent 25k/year? Because from what I read, it says if you spend less than 25k/yr, you have to pay the annual fee of $180 and in return you will get the 10k miles.

http://www.dbs.com/sg/personal/cards/credit-card/american-express-altitude/default.aspx#tnc

swatchie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SCB VI is free first year, this card must pay 488 right from the start *faintz*. I think HSBC is trying to earn from the card fee but they are targeting the wrong consumer group, most people who earn 120k p.a will not want to pay 488 for a cc. Maybe for cards like ultima it will be easier.

SCB can call to waive every year but problem is it's not very useful. You get 1 mile per dollar spent. That's pathetic. If you do the miles vs annual fee calculation for the HSBC visa infinite, it would work out to be $16.27 per 1000 miles, which is definitely better than the DBS altitude's $18 per 1000 miles.

ps: Ultima is a totally different ballgame. The annual fee is $3888 and you need to have 5 million bucks with them or an annual salary of 350k.

continuum

Reaction score
Sorry but would you have the link where DBS would give you 10k miles free if you spent 25k/year? Because from what I read, it says if you spend less than 25k/yr, you have to pay the annual fee of $180 and in return you will get the 10k miles.

http://www.dbs.com/sg/personal/cards/credit-card/american-express-altitude/default.aspx#tnc

10,000 = $180
30,000 = 3 years x $180 = $540
:)

Having said that, DBS Altitude is still my number 1 favourite card because it gives the most miles per dollar on local spending. HSBC Visa Infinite only gives 1 mile per S$1 for local spending unless you hit $75,000 during the first year.

Found the list of cards ranked by most miles per dollar: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sing...dit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html

Last edited:

swatchie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
10,000 = $180
30,000 = 3 years x $180 = $540
:)

Having said that, DBS Altitude is still my number 1 favourite card because it gives the most miles per dollar on local spending. HSBC Visa Infinite only gives 1 mile per S$1 for local spending unless you hit $75,000 during the first year.

Found the list of cards ranked by most miles per dollar: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sing...dit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html

I didn't know that HSBC only gave 1 mile per $1 for local spend. Any source where I can read up? Thanks!

d5dude

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SCB can call to waive every year but problem is it's not very useful. You get 1 mile per dollar spent. That's pathetic. If you do the miles vs annual fee calculation for the HSBC visa infinite, it would work out to be $16.27 per 1000 miles, which is definitely better than the DBS altitude's $18 per 1000 miles.

ps: Ultima is a totally different ballgame. The annual fee is $3888 and you need to have 5 million bucks with them or an annual salary of 350k.

Well according to continuum, HSBC VI is just as useless because you get 1 mile per dollar spent too. So both cards are just as bad, but one of them is free...

continuum

Reaction score
Err... aint that the same thing? You get 10k miles if you spend 25k p.a, otherwise you have to pay $180 for them.
Annual fee will be automatically waived if cardmember's past 12 month spend is S$25,000 or more. Cardmembers who enjoy the annual fee wavier will not be eligible for the 10,000 bonus miles.

d5dude

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Annual fee will be automatically waived if cardmember's past 12 month spend is S$25,000 or more. Cardmembers who enjoy the annual fee wavier will not be eligible for the 10,000 bonus miles.

Yea just read the T&C on the website, I must have got the wrong info from another forum, my bad.

swatchie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well according to continuum, HSBC VI is just as useless because you get 1 mile per dollar spent too. So both cards are just as bad, but one of them is free...

Let's assume HSBC infinite is 1 mile per 1 SGD spent (no source yet though). Even then $488 for 30k miles is a better deal than the other cards so far. Don't forget there's fastrack, jetquay, limo and PP for supp cards as well - stuff that SCB doesn't give.

continuum

Reaction score
Let's assume HSBC infinite is 1 mile per 1 SGD spent (no source yet though). Even then $488 for 30k miles is a better deal than the other cards so far. Don't forget there's fastrack, jetquay, limo and PP for supp cards as well - stuff that SCB doesn't give.
30k miles for $248/$488 to be used to supplement long haul flights redemption seems like a good deal.

As for 1 mile per dollar, that's what the CSO informed me.

fuhyong

Reaction score
30k miles for $248/$488 to be used to supplement long haul flights redemption seems like a good deal.

As for 1 mile per dollar, that's what the CSO informed me.

If really only 1 mile per dollar, then how to get the 2 to 2.5 miles per dollar like they say in the advertisement?

the free jet quay and fast immigration may just about make it worth it if I just apply for it...

continuum

Reaction score
If really only 1 mile per dollar, then how to get the 2 to 2.5 miles per dollar like they say in the advertisement?

the free jet quay and fast immigration may just about make it worth it if I just apply for it...
2 miles per dollar is for overseas spending (like several other cards). I think you need to spend $75k per year before they can give you 2.5 miles per dollar for overseas spending. Local spending is between 1 to 1.5 miles per dollar. That's based on what I was told.

So yeah, nothing fantastic in terms of miles from spending. DBS Altitude is still your best friend.

On the other hand, I find the welcome "gift" of 30k miles as well as the other travel perks quite attractive.

budiyanto168

Reaction score
invite came in the post today.
an annual fee of $248 is payable. choose gift of 30,000 miles (in equivalent HSBC rewards points) or a sony tablet.
main feature is jetquay, priority pass, fasttrack immigration, limo transfer to airport and $1 - 2 miles (1st year); $1 - 2.5 miles (2nd year onwards)
doesn't seem very compelling

Dear epigram,

is it true the annual fee given to you is 248? can anyone confirm this?

continuum

Reaction score
Dear epigram,

is it true the annual fee given to you is 248? can anyone confirm this?

$248 in my case. I think you must be at least an existing card member in order to get that rate, although I believe they should be flexible about it.

hclee01

Master Member
Reaction score
$248 in my case. I think you must be at least an existing card member in order to get that rate, although I believe they should be flexible about it.

So do you get the existing card and the Infinite card? Or you have to cancel ur existing card upon approval of infinite card?

hclee01

Master Member
Reaction score
No need to cancel. I still keep my existing card.

Thanks. I have dropped them an email to register my interest. They said that they will get the Infinite RM to contact me. So far, they have yet to contact me. Looks like I am not likely to be invited.

Inix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just gave them a call to register my interest. They told me that someone will be calling me within 1-2 working days. It looks like most of the features that they are providing were originally from the (now defunct), HSBC Elite World Travelers card.

I have that card, and if I can pay $488 to get 1.5 Miles per $1, I would do that. And if just spending $25K will get me 2.5Miles per $1, I will be oh so happy :D

And yes, I know DBS better point yield, but I simply don't like the bank, so I killed my Altitude just couple of months ago.

hclee01

Master Member
Reaction score
Pic of card

http://plushasia.com/media_photo/14743

83872.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.