OT: how to remove those Matt material that turn sticky?

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have several products, Camera, mouse, keyboard, that was using those Matt material which somehow melted in our Singapore weather..and become sticky..

tried using zippo, WD40, etc..all cannot remove those sticky surface easily...some I can use detergent and those green scrub to remove..but the product have to be "washed" for the detergent...

hoping to find this miracle solution...

update 2016 Mar:
best solution:
Melamine sponge from Daiso + IPA solution from pharmacy
tumblr_inline_nk7l2pyMNO1sphy2o.jpg

Okm8mK.jpg

http://www.guardian.com.sg/isopropyl-alcohol-120ml/p/158505

other possible solution:

1) Axe Brand oil
video(2).png

2) Absolut Volka

Last edited:

phallic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tried removing failed

now paste plastic sheet over them...keeping in mind not to buy stuff with "latex feel" or coating :mad::mad::mad:

stupid Razer/Logitech/Coolermaster all major culprits

ktee

Reaction score
Yup. Very irritating. My keyboard, mouse, camera, vacuum cleaner, etc all kena this melting-sticky-****.

Hope there is a good solution here (without removing the coating).

eminus

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guys can you post a pic..I dont have any idea what it is hehehe interested to see it

ZhuTou!

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guys can you post a pic..I dont have any idea what it is hehehe interested to see it

its like those abit rubber rubber surface
something like razer deathadder mouse and their keyboard

eminus

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ah I got it now...those rubbers underneath keyboards, mouse and the likes..

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Can also apply some talcum powder to eliminate the stickiness.

zuoom

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Soft touch plastic. Nothing much one can do unless one physically remove it either via solvent or sand it off.

melv96

Reaction score
Actually i have removed those 'sticky' surface from my razer diamondback, copperhead as well as logitech mx518 (the surface on the left and right) with a sponge.

I don't exactly have the name of the sponge, but its those special nano sponge u can find in Daiso and looks something like the picture below.
340814279_250.jpg

With a tiny bit of water in the sponge and some pressure, u can remove the entire sticky surface without a problem. Best if u can disassemble those parts to avoid getting ur entire mouse wet.

wherehouse

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The magic solution is called AXE OIL.
Apply lots of axe oil n use a old cloth and rub as if ur polishing it. The sticky layer comes off and the underlying plastic smooth material emerges.

Worked for me on alot of things.

wherehouse

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually i have removed those 'sticky' surface from my razer diamondback, copperhead as well as logitech mx518 (the surface on the left and right) with a sponge.

I don't exactly have the name of the sponge, but its those special nano sponge u can find in Daiso and looks something like the picture below.
340814279_250.jpg

With a tiny bit of water in the sponge and some pressure, u can remove the entire sticky surface without a problem. Best if u can disassemble those parts to avoid getting ur entire mouse wet.

Melamine sponge.

commach

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
AXE oil works.. but the best "tool" is liquid wax, especially silicon base liquid wax.

Not only you cleaned and removed the melted latax layer, you got a smooth waxed finish which is also a protection against stain.

fantasy87

Reaction score
facing the same problem too... my room is freaking warm, every week or so i used to wipe the desktop area with soap and water...
my sidewinder x6 keyboard wrist rest area also becoming sticky...
after sticky... the next thing happening is the rubber start to feel rough... like peel off like tat...

thats wat happened to my deathadder clicking buttons...
thinking of changing to steelseries dunno will have same prob not...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.