Recommend Cab Driver

sunshade

Reaction score
Just got back from taiwan. Was with this driver for most part of my taipei trip, save us a lot of travelling time. I recomend him was because he is a mature,honest man and doesn't come across as being too tourist feel/ overly chatty (if you get what i mean).

Had a great chat with him and learn alot about the taiwanese culture and way of life.

吴东心 (东哥) +886 0939889817

- 7 seater vehicle (good for big groups), my group was 4.
- He also do airport transfer
- Flexible timing/location according to your own preference/ pace
- Food recommendation.
- Reasonable price.
- He was my wedding shoot driver and also help out with the shoot professionally with no complaints.

i tour
-Monga movie shoot location
-miltary solider changing of shift at zhong nian ci
-Yangmingshan (it's easier with a driver where you get to go certain locations not known to some tourist)
-Attractions of danshui

-yeliu
-jiufen old street

Just back from Taipei. Used 吴东心 service to yeliu, jiufen, etc. His 7 seaters Mitshibi is comfortable fo 5 of us.

laidesign

Reaction score
airport transfer

HI what is his rate for airport transfer from XI meng ting to airport? to and fro?

Thks

Just back from Taipei. Used 吴东心 service to yeliu, jiufen, etc. His 7 seaters Mitshibi is comfortable fo 5 of us.

kikilin

Reaction score
may I know is it expensive for total nt27500 for traveling to hualien, cingjing, alishan, jiufen, shihfen, keelung

carolliang

Reaction score
may I know is it expensive for total nt27500 for traveling to hualien, cingjing, alishan, jiufen, shihfen, keelung

Hi,

I was quote 20k for Tainan-Alishan-Sun moon lake - Taipei + 1 day trip to Jiufen- Jinguashi-Keelung

So your seem to be bit on the high side. How many ppl you have? We have 5 person during our trip and our car are for 7-9 seater.

poiiop

Reaction score
I looked through this thread buy couldn't find Mr Xu's contacts..

I sms-ed Meeky but he's not free..

Can anyone recommend some good drivers for Jiu Fen, Shi Fen, Pingsi, Keelung area..?

Thanks.

Benimaru

Reaction score
hmm, wanna ask if it's ex for cab at NT 11500, below is the places that we are going to visit:

day 1
逢甲>>心之芳庭>>新社花海>>薰衣草森林>>夜宿逢甲

day 2
逢甲>>紙教堂>>日月潭遊湖>>18度C巧克力工房>>夜宿清境

day 3
青青草原 音樂城堡>>昆陽>>武嶺>>合歡山>>小瑞士花園>>紙箱王>>台中高鐵

Thanks

jesagal

Reaction score
I looked through this thread buy couldn't find Mr Xu's contacts..

I sms-ed Meeky but he's not free..

Can anyone recommend some good drivers for Jiu Fen, Shi Fen, Pingsi, Keelung area..?

Thanks.

• Name: Mr. Xu (Meeky's friend)
• Cell Phone: +8869-3392-0845

Jataro

Reaction score

Wonder is it the same Mr Xu as below which is quoted from another forum, tripadvisor!

"I engaged the service of taxi driver Mr Xu Wan Liu on 5 Nov 2011.

I told him we want to go Yehliu, Jinguashi, Jiufen, Shifen & Pingxi. He picked us at 8.30am and we reached Yehliu at 9.30 am. He said he needs to control our time due to many places to visit. We finished Yehliu in 1 hr.

2nd stop was Jiufen and he said meet at 2.30 but we said 1.30pm. 3rd stop was Jinguashi - Gold Ecological Park. Everything so far so good. We reached there 1.45pm and he said finished touring call him. We finished in 1 hr which is 2.45pm and started calling him but he did not pick up our calls! We called more than 30 times and even went to police station who call him & checked his records and he still didn't pick up. We waited & keep calling till 4.30pm. Then he said his phone was accidentally put on silent mode. Lame excuse.

He said too late to go to Shifen but we insisted. By the time we reached there, it was 5.15pm. The photo was not nice because sun set very fast from 5 to 6pm.

If have a choice, don't engage him."

Last edited:

jesagal

Reaction score
Wonder is it the same Mr Xu as below which is quoted from another forum, tripadvisor!

I told him we want to go Yehliu, Jinguashi, Jiufen, Shifen & Pingxi. He picked us at 8.30am and we reached Yehliu at 9.30 am. He said he needs to control our time due to many places to visit. We finished Yehliu in 1 hr.

2nd stop was Jiufen and he said meet at 2.30 but we said 1.30pm. 3rd stop was Jinguashi - Gold Ecological Park. Everything so far so good. We reached there 1.45pm and he said finished touring call him. We finished in 1 hr which is 2.45pm and started calling him but he did not pick up our calls! We called more than 30 times and even went to police station who call him & checked his records and he still didn't pick up. We waited & keep calling till 4.30pm. Then he said his phone was accidentally put on silent mode. Lame excuse.

He said too late to go to Shifen but we insisted. By the time we reached there, it was 5.15pm. The photo was not nice because sun set very fast from 5 to 6pm.

lolx... Yes, that's him... Anyway, I do have a few contacts of Taipei drivers. You can ask them for the price

Taipei Tour Guides
• Name: Mr. Meeky Yang
• Cell Phone: +8869-2191-5586
• 3-4 pax: NT3000
• 5 pax: NT3500
• 6 pax: NT4000
• Toyota Wish Taxi No: 311-YL
• Email: meeky589@yahoo.com.tw OR meeky-yang@hotmail.com

• Name: Mr. Hong
• Cell Phone: +8869-3300-6461

• Name: Mr. Lin Wei Jie
• Cell Phone: +8869-8110-3148 / +8869-3955-5871
• 7 Seaters: NT600/pax

• Name: Mr. Chiang
• Cell Phone: +8869-3786-9509
• Email: chiangtourguy@yahoo.com.tw

• Name: Mr. Huang
• Cell Phone: +8869-1284-8539
• 5 pax: NT3500

• Name: Mr. Zhou
• Cell Phone: +8869-5322-5373

• Name: Mr. Xiao Qiang
• Cell Phone: +886 917941496
• Email: abc091794149610@yahoo.com.tw
• 7 Seaters

• Name: Mr. Yu Hong Yue
• Cell Phone: +8869-1966-6332
• Email: taxi_28828@yahoo.com.tw

sanath123

Reaction score
while choosing you a cab driver you may think that he should not be drinker. Because due to this there may be a chances of accident.

funnyclown

Reaction score

He said too late to go to Shifen but we insisted. By the time we reached there, it was

5.15pm. The photo was not nice because sun set very fast from 5 to 6pm

Anyone else had engaged Mr Xu before, can share your review pls? Thanks

jinkles

Reaction score
Highly Recommended Cab Driver

I was there early December 2011, used cab driver Mr Lee for day trip to Yehliu and Jiufen. Only contacted him the day before. He is a fine gentleman, guide and explain to you well. Very patient. At Jiufen, he was guiding us personally and carrying our purchases.

His rate is very reasonable. After day trip, brought us back to hotel to drop off our shopping stuff and then sent us to our next stop, night market. No complaints whatsover with our extra request. I ended up giving him a big tip, just happy to have him.

His cab is a MPV type size(7 seater), quite common in Taipei.

His contact: +886 (0)932 655301 Email: [7131730@yahoo.com.tw]

swatchie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just came back from a booking with Meeky. Very good and highly recommended! Gave him a tip on top of his rate as well.

♥Strawberry♥

Reaction score
Hi peeps,

I've seen many driver contacts in Taipei. But I need to book driver in Taichung. Does anyone have contacts for good driver in Taichung area?:)

William7981

Reaction score
Just came back from a booking with Meeky. Very good and highly recommended! Gave him a tip on top of his rate as well.

Just wanna share my disappointment with Mr Meeky over my booking which was made in early November last year. Understand he is very popular with a lot of good review about him in a few forums, thats why i drop him an email 4 months in advance to book him for my trip in Feb 2012. Got a reply from him that he is free on that day, so i forwarded him my hotel address and contact no and time of pick up. Then no responses from him since then and my subsequent emails to him for confirmation also receive no response. Until today which is only 2 weeks prior to my trip, he replied that he is not free. This really pissed me off. If he is not free he should have inform me earlier so i can make arrangement with other cabbies. I believe he must have waiting all these while for bigger booking so that he can earn more for fetching 4-5ppl rather than confirming my booking for only 2 person.

Anyone who want to book his service, my advice is to call him to confirm rather than correspond with him through email.

Now i have to search for other cabbies last minute...

roundTAIWANround

Reaction score
Sorry for what happened to you. However, when and where will you visit in Taiwan. If it's in central of Taiwan, maybe I can give you a hand. I'm a driver and tour guide.
If you need anything, feel free to contact me:
web: roundTAIWANround
mail: roundTAIWANround@gmail.com
I hope everything can go right in time. Taiwan is a good place. Don't be disappoint and let this thing affects your mood to enjoy the trip in Taiwan. Cheers!

Just wanna share my disappointment with Mr Meeky over my booking which was made in early November last year. Understand he is very popular with a lot of good review about him in a few forums, thats why i drop him an email 4 months in advance to book him for my trip in Feb 2012. Got a reply from him that he is free on that day, so i forwarded him my hotel address and contact no and time of pick up. Then no responses from him since then and my subsequent emails to him for confirmation also receive no response. Until today which is only 2 weeks prior to my trip, he replied that he is not free. This really pissed me off. If he is not free he should have inform me earlier so i can make arrangement with other cabbies. I believe he must have waiting all these while for bigger booking so that he can earn more for fetching 4-5ppl rather than confirming my booking for only 2 person.

Anyone who want to book his service, my advice is to call him to confirm rather than correspond with him through email.

Now i have to search for other cabbies last minute...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.