Reaction score
Hi, like to check with u guys.
Is it me or every1 cannot access vpost?
I still get email from vpost, but click any of the link, can't access
their webby.
ty

runforyourlife

Reaction score
you are being unreasonable. what's wrong with not allowing the shoe box to be thrown away? it is part of the product original packaging after all, who is going to be liable should the item be damaged during shipping because it doesn't have the cushioning of the original packaging? (for other product types of course)

nope I'm not. I told them ill be responsible for any probs with e shoes. they refuse! my actual weight is 1.5 and they claim its e boxes. removing them and they charge me 6.5.

if this goes on, ill switch to the new freight forwarder off the block. im using them every week. the worse issue is, they repacked down to actual weight for my first 3 shipments, WITH shoe boxes.

shows alot about them.for initial purchases.

are u from cgw?

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
nope I'm not. I told them ill be responsible for any probs with e shoes. they refuse! my actual weight is 1.5 and they claim its e boxes. removing them and they charge me 6.5.

if this goes on, ill switch to the new freight forwarder off the block. im using them every week. the worse issue is, they repacked down to actual weight for my first 3 shipments, WITH shoe boxes.

shows alot about them.for initial purchases.

are u from cgw?

how much bigger are the shoe boxes compared to the shoes? you are never going to get actual weight shipping due to the low "density" of running shoes. even in the theoretical scenario where they can repack your shoes into another box/container, you will still be charged the volumetric weight for the new packaging (because it will still be higher than actial weight). you were lucky to be undercharged for your first 3 shipments, you can try using them as examples in your live chats, but I doubt you will get anywhere.

once again, I'll say it, you are being unreasonable. and not being on your unreasonable side doesn't mean that I have to be from CGW.

runforyourlife

Reaction score
how much bigger are the shoe boxes compared to the shoes? you are never going to get actual weight shipping due to the low "density" of running shoes. even in the theoretical scenario where they can repack your shoes into another box/container, you will still be charged the volumetric weight for the new packaging (because it will still be higher than actial weight). you were lucky to be undercharged for your first 3 shipments, you can try using them as examples in your live chats, but I doubt you will get anywhere.

once again, I'll say it, you are being unreasonable. and not being on your unreasonable side doesn't mean that I have to be from CGW.

too bad, i've never said u're from cgw ;)

i think u have a major problem reading and having ya fat fingers pomping down your keyboard. lucky to be undercharged? more like substandard?

how did u know i tried using them as examples? ;) and why is that undercharged? u mean cgw undercharged peeps for first 3 shipments and overcharge for the rest? :spin:

wacko, ;) lotsa loopholes yea?

i don't exactly mind paying slightly more, say 1kg more for the shoes.

but come on, 1.5kg actual weight, for 8kg of volumetric weight. who else encounter this prob before? wide known prob issit? lol

Last edited:

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
too bad, i've never said u're from cgw ;)

i think u have a major problem reading and having ya fat fingers pomping down your keyboard. lucky to be undercharged? more like substandard?

how did u know i tried using them as examples? ;) and why is that undercharged? u mean cgw undercharged peeps for first 3 shipments and overcharge for the rest? :spin:

wacko, ;) lotsa loopholes yea?

i don't exactly mind paying slightly more, say 1kg more for the shoes.

but come on, 1.5kg actual weight, for 8kg of volumetric weight. who else encounter this prob before? wide known prob issit? lol

your attempts at sarcasm is laughable at best, and you have a problem with comprehension, don't display it off to the world, it's embarassing.

if you feel that you are overcharged after using the volumetric formula, then file a proper complaint to CGW. if not, quit whining about it like baby. nobody is sympathising with you.

runforyourlife

Reaction score
your attempts at sarcasm is laughable at best, and you have a problem with comprehension, don't display it off to the world, it's embarassing.

if you feel that you are overcharged after using the volumetric formula, then file a proper complaint to CGW. if not, quit whining about it like baby. nobody is sympathising with you.

yes king wacko ott. hail ! ;)

jazdrive

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

One thing I have always tried to practise in this forum is giving advices only to reasonable people. That's one thing perhaps you have to consider practising as well. ;)

xingkia

Reaction score
Just had a bad experience at borderlinx.. should have research more before using their services.. really feel like a carrot now..

isim

Reaction score
but come on, 1.5kg actual weight, for 8kg of volumetric weight.

Shoe I received last time came in its original retail box inside a bigger box. Yet the bigger box was only 14"x11"x6", only about 3kg volume wt. 8kg box would be about 18"x15"x9". The shoe should be inside it with a much smaller retail box, unless your merchant did not give you a retail box, which is quite unlikely. Your merchant is obviously sending out grossly oversized boxes. Which merchant is that? Should avoid ordering from them in future!

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Just had a bad experience at borderlinx.. should have research more before using their services.. really feel like a carrot now..
what happened? unexpected volumetric weight?

xingkia

Reaction score
what happened? unexpected volumetric weight?

yup.. my package ground weight is only 1plus kg. but the volumetric weight turns out to be 9kg.. should have use vpost instead.. borderlinx dun prevent repackaging service..

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
yup.. my package ground weight is only 1plus kg. but the volumetric weight turns out to be 9kg.. should have use vpost instead.. borderlinx dun prevent repackaging service..

What did you purchase? That's a huge difference. If it can be repacked, yes, Vpost or CGW would have been a better choice.

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
What did you purchase? That's a huge difference. If it can be repacked, yes, Vpost or CGW would have been a better choice.

I think maybe we should come up with a list of etailers and the corresponding box size shipped so that people won't choose those etailers that ship grossly large boxes for small items. Blinx does offer repacking, albeit at a fee I think. Just ordered 3 books from Amazon and paid 30 sgd for shipping after discount. My past purchases that includes shoes and bags, max volumetric weight was probably 2-3kg which amounted to max of 40sgd.

xingkia

Reaction score
I think maybe we should come up with a list of etailers and the corresponding box size shipped so that people won't choose those etailers that ship grossly large boxes for small items. Blinx does offer repacking, albeit at a fee I think. Just ordered 3 books from Amazon and paid 30 sgd for shipping after discount. My past purchases that includes shoes and bags, max volumetric weight was probably 2-3kg which amounted to max of 40sgd.

nope.. i asked the CSO thru the live chat. he/she told me they dun offer repacking service. So I LL have to pay the shipping fee lor.. Oh well.. now wait for my package to come to know hw big the package is..

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
nope.. i asked the CSO thru the live chat. he/she told me they dun offer repacking service. So I LL have to pay the shipping fee lor.. Oh well.. now wait for my package to come to know hw big the package is..

That's weird leh, I always see the option on their website when selecting my shipment. But I think some users have commented that it's not 100% guaranteed that they CAN repack. Also another tip to users who want to receive their shipments fast, so far based on my past 3-4 shipments. You confirm the shipments on Thursday, it'll reach by Monday noon so I would advise people to choose on Thursdays rathen than the start of the week as it's the shortest days taken to receive I think.

jazdrive

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's weird leh, I always see the option on their website when selecting my shipment. But I think some users have commented that it's not 100% guaranteed that they CAN repack. Also another tip to users who want to receive their shipments fast, so far based on my past 3-4 shipments. You confirm the shipments on Thursday, it'll reach by Monday noon so I would advise people to choose on Thursdays rathen than the start of the week as it's the shortest days taken to receive I think.

From Borderlinx? Sure?

I believe there's no repack option from Borderlinx at all unless they give a case-by-case exception for the customer (provided there's such a thing).

mngbliiitz

Reaction score
help asap!

help im stuck overseas with ****ty internet connection and this is the only place i can think of that i can rely. sad i know.
i need to know if CGW or Borderlinx can ship back to SG a Kindle fire?
pls! internet is horrible here. 56k modem i think.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.