Earphone Review: Battle of sub $80 in-ears earphones plus others!

iMaceF

Reaction score
I was in your situation back then when i was trying to replace my ep360. I currently owned brainwavz m2 and i think its much better with a well-balanced bass. I was deciding between brainwavz M2 and a-jays two but i chose the former cus of the comfort and it matches the quality i'm looking for that is within my budget. I strongly encourage you to audition them. Review is one thing, your personal feel is actually what you're looking for.
Last time the Apple store clerk got me to try the M1-M3 variations. Damn good, all of them, but sadly I haven't tried anything else. I'm a bit intrigues by the a-JAYS but you're right, I would have to go back and do an audition before deciding further.

thanks for the advice.

pharoahx

Reaction score
Last time the Apple store clerk got me to try the M1-M3 variations. Damn good, all of them, but sadly I haven't tried anything else. I'm a bit intrigues by the a-JAYS but you're right, I would have to go back and do an audition before deciding further.

thanks for the advice.

you're welcome. just dun rush to buy them as most likely you will gonna stuck with it for a year or more. You may wanna drop by stereo to audition a range of iem as the people there are quite helpful and not pushy.

POLARPENGUIN

Reaction score
any recommendation? earphone noob... need iphone earphone with mic and volume control. budget 100
looking at ajays four... can get at 88 cos buddy price.
keeping my options open...

kennypwns

Reaction score
Hi bros, I'm thinking of buying a Etymotic MC5, but have two questions:

1) Where is the cheapest place to get it?

2) Is it suitable for songs with lots of beats? If not, what do you recommend for something around the same price range?

Please PM me as I do not check the threads. Thanks in advance!! :s13:

stabiloflash

Reaction score
Hey guys... Can give me some advice? I buying earphone for my friend with budget of $80. I went to check out and saw a few of them within my budget:

Sony
-MDR-EX38IP
-MDR-XB21EX

Audio Technica
-ATH-CKM55
-ATH-CKS55i

Sennheiser
-CX200
-CX280

Which one is better? Thanks!! :)

Azmanyer74

Reaction score
Should try fischer audio omega v2 at farle shop (funan), damn good. Audio 👍, cable 👍 and value for money 👍.

mONK_87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bought a temp earpiece logitech ue100 said got noise insulation shld be gimmick quite chui

I need a earpiece with noise insulation n mid range bass

YagamIori

Reaction score
Looking to buy a new set of in-ear earphones (Noise-isolating kinds)
Need some recommendations from the experts here.

My previous pieces (bose IE and Sennheiser CX400) all died with 1 side no sound even thou the earpieces are still intact, consider myself a rough user. :(

For my next earpiece, budget is between 60-120 bucks

Was actually considering Klipsch S3 or sennheiser cx300-II but am open to other models.

Listens to chinese pop, kpop and radio from the iphone and pc.
Bass not really impt to me. :D

Lokimack

Reaction score
I am looking for in-ears and budget below $150 if possible. I noticed from earlier posts on
1) BEYERDYNAMIC - DTX101 iE
2) Sennheiser CX400
3) ULTIMATE EARS - UE 600vi

Any other recommendations or feedback on the above? Prefer good bass but not the booming type.

I went to Jaben and was introduced portable amp. Is it really necessary? Any recommendation on this too?

Last edited:

TeamStereo

Suspended
Reaction score
I am looking for in-ears and budget below $150 if possible. I noticed from earlier posts on
1) BEYERDYNAMIC - DTX101 iE
2) Sennheiser CX400
3) ULTIMATE EARS - UE 600vi

Any other recommendations or feedback on the above? Prefer good bass but not the booming type.

I went to Jaben and was introduced portable amp. Is it really necessary? Any recommendation on this too?

Personally I would suggest you spend on your earphone first unless spare cash allows to consider a portable amp.

Around $150 you could consider the popular TDK BA100 or dual driver UE700, stretch a bit more for the Shure SE215 or the TDK BA200. :) There are of course plenty of other choices which you may have to drop by to try them for yourself to know which suits you better.

Lokimack

Reaction score
Personally I would suggest you spend on your earphone first unless spare cash allows to consider a portable amp.

Around $150 you could consider the popular TDK BA100 or dual driver UE700, stretch a bit more for the Shure SE215 or the TDK BA200. :) There are of course plenty of other choices which you may have to drop by to try them for yourself to know which suits you better.

Thanks, tested and bought the UE700. Shure SE215 was too heavy in sound for me.

Turbo-lised

Reaction score
Hello

need some advice..
currently my earphone also one side down!
need to change a new earphone..
budget around +/- 100

Listen to kpop, and dance..
prefer bass and clarity..

any recommendation?

Thanks in advance..

actmoon

Reaction score
any recommendations for earphones ard $50 range?

Prefer clarity over bass. normally listen to country, pop and occasional movies.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.