Best ramen in Singapore

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
One bad thing is that they do not accept table reservations. Expect long queues.

well one thing is... 500 deals only... over 3 months.. that's maybe 60 days or about less than 10 redemption per day... so won't make that much a diff to the existing queues....

regards,
wacky

[GorgeouS]

Reaction score
I forgot the name of the place. 1st floor of Gallery Hotel?

It's probably me, but I like the noodle form Ajisen. Their ramen standards aren't top notch compared other Japanese places, but I eat there just for their noodles. I like them the texture they are.

Oh! I know where it is! but forgot the name also... Its located at the corner of the hotel.. They do have very nice ramen.. very springy..

Kahlan

Master Member
Reaction score
Oh! I know where it is! but forgot the name also... Its located at the corner of the hotel.. They do have very nice ramen.. very springy..

miharu? The noodles is very nice, they make it themselves right? But the soup to me is too salty. One of the most saltish soup i had tasted.

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Erwinlow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went to Santouka over the weekend. Idk why but their noodles taste like those instant ramen noodles to me, soup is pretty salty. Disappointed.

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went to Santouka over the weekend. Idk why but their noodles taste like those instant ramen noodles to me, soup is pretty salty. Disappointed.

perhaps personal preferences... i like the noodles and soup... but THE highlight is really the pork cheeks... did u order that or the normal ramen...?? :o

regards,
wacky

DarthRevan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

the ramen noodles quality seem to have changed after the nuclear accident in japan..i find it not nice..nantsuttei also have drop in quality..maybe its just me :(

Erwinlow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No I did not order the pork cheek. But it wouldn't make a difference with regards to the soup and noodles would it?

So which is the best ramen now? Miharu?

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No I did not order the pork cheek. But it wouldn't make a difference with regards to the soup and noodles would it?

So which is the best ramen now? Miharu?

well the pork cheek made ALL the difference to me... cos it simply take my attention away from the soup and noodles..... 10 out of 10 times i go there... i can't help but order the same thing again and again -- tokusen toroniku (pork cheek) ramen... :o

i haven eaten miharu b4... some ppl tell me it's over-rated... but my 2nd fav ramen is ippudo tao @ UE square....

regards,
wacky

chickass

Reaction score
I love santouka!

still think santouka's the best! have tried so many ramens but still love theirs! :D

Azukin

Reaction score
Santouka and Ippudo are one of the best ramen choices in Sg

Ippudo Tao ( Mandarin Gallery)
CIMG8546.JPG

Santouka
CIMG8266.JPG

This is the difference wacky is talking about :D

I love ramen too, but I do not like tsukemen. So sometimes, it does indeed boil down to personal preference? :)

noinimod

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Surprised to hear that. I tried a few ramen joints and santouka stood out as the best for me. I must say the central outlet seems to have better quality consistency than the cuppage one.

What other ramen stalls have you tried and how did you find the others? If santouka is salty for you, maybe you prefer bland type of soup.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.