Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
That's weird leh, I always see the option on their website when selecting my shipment. But I think some users have commented that it's not 100% guaranteed that they CAN repack. Also another tip to users who want to receive their shipments fast, so far based on my past 3-4 shipments. You confirm the shipments on Thursday, it'll reach by Monday noon so I would advise people to choose on Thursdays rathen than the start of the week as it's the shortest days taken to receive I think.

maybe your original packaging was damaged.
http://www.borderlinx.com/pages/faq/repackaging

your confirmation on Thu logic holds no water. just confirm as early as you can, and you will receive the package as early as possible. surely you are not saying that if one has confirmed a shipment today, will receive it earlier than if they have confirmed it yesterday, or the day before, or even on 14 Nov?

jazdrive

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
help im stuck overseas with ****ty internet connection and this is the only place i can think of that i can rely. sad i know.
i need to know if CGW or Borderlinx can ship back to SG a Kindle fire?
pls! internet is horrible here. 56k modem i think.

Certainly.

dotless

Reaction score
hi,
vpost has the self declare option.
is it wise for me to under declare the value of my items?will i get caught? all my items come up to above S$400.

DeepZpace

Reaction score
I prefer to use borderlinx over cgw as the centre is located in Ohio which is the same as where DHL will ship from. Save a bit of time for parcels to move all over the states. For CGW i recall it's in another state and it takes around another day for the parcel to travel to Ohio.

I only used vpost once and it took forever for my parcel to arrive. On average, borderlinx n cgw take 3-4 days upon arrival at their centers.

blizz02

Reaction score
Im using viaddress it's a lot cheaper.Fast and reliable service as well. check it out

Transcendent

Master Member
Reaction score
hi guys, i recently made an order using CGW's BuyForMe service, however the item I was getting was sold out and I have cancelled the order.

How long does it take until my money is unfrozen? because currently payment it is still pending in ibanking.

Last edited:

shingo1

Reaction score
hi guys, i recently made an order using CGW's BuyForMe service, however the item I was getting was sold out and I have cancelled the order.

How long does it take until my money is unfrozen? because currently payment it is still pending in ibanking.

Mine was pretty fast or which in e first place no money should b deducted when no stock or order was cancelled. I received order rejected and next morning I reset the order only then my sum was freezed. Anyway as usual now my order Amazon sent as four packages instead of one due to my own mistake .. Should have set option send all at one go. Now my shipment weight more than $100sgd damn

starbugs

Master Member
Reaction score
they always never repack my stuff. i told them remove shoe box they still say the boxes 'cannot be removed'

nb one. just cos i use borderlessbuys using amex card they think i carrot head.

CGW in US is just e warehouse. the main peeps in e cust svc all from SINGAPORE one, they have a sg office. thats why only 11-6pm and sat sun no work one.

pui

I agree with you.

I would seriously recommend that people stop using Borderlinx. They are very stubborn in not allowing repacking (to protect their profits).

Now, both CGW and Vpost offer repackaging.

If you have kena before huge shipping boxes from merchants for small items, you would know what I mean by getting "slaughtered" by the forwarding charges. At least CGW and Vpost can offer to repack. Not Borderlinx.

FLiNcHY

Banned
Reaction score
How come vpost charge Gst AFTER shipping is calculated into the total bill. WTF is this bull****

I ordered a $220 USD item, then they calculate their bullsh!t volumetric weight shipping for me, and added that into the bill and now suddenly it's over $400 dollars sing, so I had another 5% tax slapped on me.

Damn BS man. For something worth 310 dollars Sing, i had to pay 460 sing in the end.

150 dollar shipping

WHat BS is this

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
How come vpost charge Gst AFTER shipping is calculated into the total bill. WTF is this bull****

I ordered a $220 USD item, then they calculate their bullsh!t volumetric weight shipping for me, and added that into the bill and now suddenly it's over $400 dollars sing, so I had another 5% tax slapped on me.

Damn BS man. For something worth 310 dollars Sing, i had to pay 460 sing in the end.

150 dollar shipping

WHat BS is this

it's not BS, it's the law.
http://www.customs.gov.sg/leftNav/trad/Valuation+Duties+and+GST.htm

and volumetric weight is not BS either, it's common practice for air freight.

look at it this way, you've learnt something new.

CheapTicketsHK

Reaction score
Mine was pretty fast or which in e first place no money should b deducted when no stock or order was cancelled. I received order rejected and next morning I reset the order only then my sum was freezed. Anyway as usual now my order Amazon sent as four packages instead of one due to my own mistake .. Should have set option send all at one go. Now my shipment weight more than $100sgd damn
Usally the online purchase is done if the transaction is voided then the pending transaction will fall of with in 5-7 business days at maximum

bradputt

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi ppl,

i need some advice,

ordered some apparels, delivered to CGW

weight is 6.25kg (WTF)

but the volumetric weight is 16KG (WTF WTF)

it's more than double of the weight!!

possible to ask CGW to repack the thing?

there's no option of repackaging at the order page at their website.

or need to email them to do it??

jazdrive

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi ppl,

i need some advice,

ordered some apparels, delivered to CGW

weight is 6.25kg (WTF)

but the volumetric weight is 16KG (WTF WTF)

it's more than double of the weight!!

possible to ask CGW to repack the thing?

there's no option of repackaging at the order page at their website.

or need to email them to do it??

Email them requesting for a repack assessment. They will obliged.

Last edited:

bradputt

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi i have received the reply from cgw,

they say the reassessment fee will be US$10 no matter what.

now i'm afraid they will say cannot repack after this,

what are the chances of this happening?

derrickgyn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, first time using comgateway here, looking for some advice..

1) When I checked out the shipping cost yesterday I had 2 discounts (I'm using DBS CC to pay), one 15% and the other is the free 1kg one. The free first kg shipping promo, when I checked again today, is gone..means already got 100 new customers redeem? Seems kind of suspect considering that its only 3rd Dec and they have a 100 new customers?

2) If I consolidate my packages and the cost >$400 will get charged with 7% GST right?

3) If I do not consolidate, and each package is under $400SGD inclusive of freight - and I ship both from CGW at the same time, won't tio GST right?

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, first time using comgateway here, looking for some advice..

1) When I checked out the shipping cost yesterday I had 2 discounts (I'm using DBS CC to pay), one 15% and the other is the free 1kg one. The free first kg shipping promo, when I checked again today, is gone..means already got 100 new customers redeem? Seems kind of suspect considering that its only 3rd Dec and they have a 100 new customers?

2) If I consolidate my packages and the cost >$400 will get charged with 7% GST right?

3) If I do not consolidate, and each package is under $400SGD inclusive of freight - and I ship both from CGW at the same time, won't tio GST right?

1) why not, there's no basis for your suspicion.
2) Yes
3) Yes

jazdrive

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi i have received the reply from cgw,

they say the reassessment fee will be US$10 no matter what.

now i'm afraid they will say cannot repack after this,

what are the chances of this happening?

My experience with them is that they will not charge if they cannot repack.

Therefore I am really surprised that they wanna charge you just to assess, regardless of whether can pack or not.

Can you SIC that email with your personal details covered?

Last edited:

lasnoblur

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a comgateaway account.

Going to use the ''get my use address'' to buy my 1st overseas item.

Theres a ''dont use this US address'' as billing address on comgateaway. This means what?

I should use my Singapore address as billing address and the US address as shipping address?

Thanks!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.