City Index CFD and IG market CFD

hammee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried any of the above? (I like the low financing rate)

I apply for both. Ig Market demo (testing it at the moment). I found that the comprehensive interface is very good and best of all it very responsive.

City Index However, i dump $500 deposit into opening account. But I realise tat its too "simple" No low and high and sometimes chart take ages to load. Although commission is $10 flat. But i dun dare to trade with it. After the 3 month lock in period, i will do a withdrawal.

Just a add on, saxo capital. The interface was messy. :s27: I immediately log out after i log in.

Last edited:

kenpachi82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can IG market place orders 24hours? (phillip can't)
are there stop and contingent orders for the dma?

singbull

Reaction score
I have traded on both platform, although city index does not have some of the things on their trading platform that IG have, I found this refreshing and easy to use and had no problems with executing trades. In addition, I find the staff very helpful and very knowledgeable of their own product which is hard to find.

lionelow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can I pay IG market with other banks or just limited to DBS only?

kenpachi82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
very few shortable stocks on igmarkets.. its a shame cos i think they are one ofthe best cfd providers..

kenpachi82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
as far as i know CMC spreads are terrible and the old platform sucks. Heard they have a new platform, so i don't know. But they are not getting a 2nd chance from me..

Roser222

Reaction score
Anyone tried any of the above? (I like the low financing rate)

I apply for both. Ig Market demo (testing it at the moment). I found that the comprehensive interface is very good and best of all it very responsive.

City Index However, i dump $500 deposit into opening account. But I realise tat its too "simple" No low and high and sometimes chart take ages to load. Although commission is $10 flat. But i dun dare to trade with it. After the 3 month lock in period, i will do a withdrawal.

Just a add on, saxo capital. The interface was messy. :s27: I immediately log out after i log in.

City Index is OK but my impression is that they target low volume traders. Not that I'd like to deposit 100k or something like that but sometimes I think it can be a bit more professional. But overall pretty good.

Weng123

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have accounts with CMC, IG and CityIndex.

I find all 3 easy to use with CityIndex having the most attractive commissions. Currently, I am using CMC's new gen platform.

IG's interface is clean and neat but the data feed is 20 mins delayed by default. A $3 monthly fee is applicable for sg shares and it will be refunded at the end of the month if at least 1 trade is made. There is also a min charge of $25 for each transaction (yuck)

CMC builds the commissions into the bid and ask prices so the spreads may look "bad". But the P/L is nett and I like it this way. There is also no minimum charge and the data is live.

justkev

Reaction score
I think saxo has minimum deposit of $10,000.
Not very user friendly IMO.

I use City Index charts, and trade orders in IG . :p

Vitaall

Reaction score
I have accounts with CMC, IG and CityIndex.

I find all 3 easy to use with CityIndex having the most attractive commissions. Currently, I am using CMC's new gen platform.

IG's interface is clean and neat but the data feed is 20 mins delayed by default. A $3 monthly fee is applicable for sg shares and it will be refunded at the end of the month if at least 1 trade is made. There is also a min charge of $25 for each transaction (yuck)

CMC builds the commissions into the bid and ask prices so the spreads may look "bad". But the P/L is nett and I like it this way. There is also no minimum charge and the data is live.

Hi,

I am also looking into CMC and base on what I can calculate, seems like their commision is about 0.15%, is this the rate? I do like their flexibility of letting customers choose their own margin though

dao

Reaction score
IG min comm is now $15. Comm % is 0.15%. IG interface is intuitive.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.