Ala Carte Buffet Lunch at Peony Jade Clarke Quay

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lunch at Peony Jade Clarke Quay

Traditional chinese decor. Playing deng li jun songs ... dunno why, but chinese restaurants n deng li jun songs always go hand in hand ...
RWSeK.jpg

tRx8P.jpg

GfVXC.jpg

IS7sq.jpg

hZb2S.jpg

Last edited:

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We started with the 1 order only dishes :-

Braised Superior Shark Fin with Crab Meat and Bamboo Fungus - avg to below avg, i'm not a shark fin fan, starchy as usual
RSP32.jpg

Poached Prawns with Chinese Herbs - avg to above avg, the chinese herbal sauce is nice, prawns also quite fresh, but can be bigger
lKrtX.jpg

Deep-fried Soon Hock in Light Soya Sauce, good, yum yum
tZlqh.jpg

Braised Fish Maw & Mushroom in Superior Oyster Jus - avg, the mushrooms are big n tasteful though
GlWFc.jpg

Peony Jade Infamous Szechuan Smoked Duck - good, dunno why they called it infamous ... tot infamous means bad reputation, anyways, who cares, as long as the duckie is good. I liked it a lot, but if you dun like ducks or the smoked taste, then you might not like it, cos some of my colleagues did not dig it
Cf6hf.jpg

Last edited:

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Chilled Whole Abalone in Thai Style Sauce, avg - not an abalone fan
bDDYg.jpg

Deep-fried Live Crabs with Salt and Pepper - below avg, sigh, looks better than it tasted. Crab over fried, so dry, too small too
sDib4.jpg

aZDfg.jpg

Sliced Pork Belly with Garlic Sauce -good, tender, fatty n the garlic sauce complements the meat well! We ordered 2 portions of this, think i ate 1.5 portions :D
QHnCv.jpg

7EwFt.jpg

Last edited:

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Jellyfish in Szechuan Hot Sauce - below avg, jellyfish bland n chewy, hot sauce not hot, the chef should try some of duckie's death sauce to know wat is HOT!
7a24E.jpg

Crispy Sliver Bait with Spiced Garlic - avg to below avg, looks like french fries ... not much taste of the fish
PqObO.jpg

Prawns Salad with Mixed Fruits - did not try
XfPc4.jpg

Braised Sweet Corn Soup w Fresh Crab Meat - avg to below avg, tried 1 spoon, found it so so, quite starchy again. Preferred the Double-boiled Home Brew Soup. Like clear soups more.
9vYjr.jpg

Deep fried prawn biscuits - never try, though my colleagues say nice, crispy etc, i still dunno they would bother with prawn biscuits when you can order wasabi prawns or cereal prawns, oh well ...
aGkjN.jpg

Last edited:

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pan-Fried Prawns in Oats Cereal - good to above avg, fragrant and crispy, only complaint is that the prawns can be bigger!
yL00l.jpg

NeFLF.jpg

Stir-fried Almond Cappuccino Pork Spare Rib - above avg, tender, quite fragrant, heehee, everyone noticed the coffee fragance when this was served, unfortunately, i found it a tad too sweet, else would rate it as good
g3cOE.jpg

Fried Prawns with Wasabi Mayo & Fish Roe - above avg, quite crispy, prawns again can be bigger, the wasabi sauce also a tad mild ...
tzm2k.jpg

Last edited:

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Stir-fried String Beans with Dried Shrimps - avg to above avg, the beans still quite crunchy, n the dried shrimps gave the dish a nice fragrance.
LS4n9.jpg

Braised Egg Plant with Minced Pork in special sauce - above avg.
cOK2K.jpg

Steamed Barramundi with Lemon Jus - avg, first off, this dish took like 30 mins to come ... n it certainly tasted like they steamed it for 30 mins cos its overcooked. End up the meat not smooth. Fish was fresh though. I like the green chilli toppings used, but then again, i'm a green chilli fan, heehee, rest of my colleagues found it weird.
DE86P.jpg

O15bt.jpg

Stir-fried Sakura Chicken w Basil Leaves in Spicy Sauce - avg to above avg, chicken tender, sauce also quite decent
DFLeE.jpg

Dessert time! Sigh, wanted to try more dishes, but the rest of the peeps all surrendered liao ...

Hot Sweetened Red Bean Paste - above avg, not too sweet, n thick. Enjoyed it!
LpCL5.jpg

Last edited:

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ice Cream - avg
yixVc.jpg

Their Hot Sago Cream with Sweet Corn & Coconut also nice, found it above avg. Not too sweet, but the taste is flavourful.

End up each 1 paid about $29 nett after the using the NTUC Plus 1 for 1 promo cos of the tea, wet tissues n peanuts. If dun want the peanuts, should be about $28 nett.

For $28 nett, i found it quite value for $. However, i would still prefer SCDH, since its only about $33/34 nett (with 4 pay 3 promo). The dishes are overall slightly nicer at SCDH, plus got free flow deep fried soon hock. Then again, we did not really try many dishes at Peony Jade.

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can give me the details like price, location etc..., I put it up in the sticky thread.

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is that abalone and crabs... UNLIMITED ORDER...?? :eek:

1st 7 dishes are 1 order only. The crabs are below avg, n the abalone no biggie. Of the 7 dishes, the only ones which i find good are the duck, herbal prawns n fried soon hock.

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OMG... ala carte buffet?
How much... damn nice!!!!

$42.80++, but currently there is a 1 for 1 promo using NTUC Plus card. Will be about $29 nett. Less if you dun want the tea, tissue, peanuts etc.

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nice yummy photos!

Is this at The Central? How much?

Peony Jade at Clark Quay. Quite quiet place. Only 3 tables including ours, heehee, no wonder the restaurants there have to come up with simi $15 meal promo. Price stated in my above post.

swatchie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Peony Jade Clarke Quay packed with people for weekend dinners man. Last time I went I had to wait 20mins for a table for 2 pax.

ps: I just signed up for the NTUC card too so maybe should go try out the 1 for 1. Dunno ish I noob or what, but now sign up NTUC card got free buffet club membership :s31:

Last edited:

Telur17

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yums. I like the food at PJ. The food quite different from the last buffet I went though. quite a few dishes changed

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.