ASUS Transformer Prime

Sambuca78

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if it will be cheaper if i buy it in Taiwan since i am going Taipei next week. Anyone can advise? Thanks.

I was at Taipei when TFT 1st launch. It was sold out everywhere and it is not really cheaper. Generally i think most of the IT products there are more expensive than Singapore. :)

Jk_guy

Reaction score
Thanks all for the replies pertaining to my earlier query. Ok, i shall not purposely look for it when i am there this Dec.

merlot6230

Reaction score
what the different between transformer & prime, do both have the extra battery docking too ?

kyleongwl

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what the different between transformer & prime, do both have the extra battery docking too ?
there is "prime " :p
the hardware is the main differ (tergra 3)
and of course, its price.

uses google and you will find more info.

from article, TF docking station could be used

Last edited:

snipes14

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Transformer based on Tegra 2 which is a dual core, Prime based on Tegra 3 which is a Quad+1 design. So basically, Prime is faster. And will most likely come with ICS, or very soon after.

newbaluku

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone knows what is the video playback capability of the Asus Transformer? like can it play mkv, avi, wmv, rmvb, supports multi-channel ac3, aac etc..

OnLyOnE

Reaction score
Anyone watched the video of ICS on galaxy nexus? Dont you find it is not as smooth as it should be, in fact a bit laggy sometimes. Makes me wonder if ICS really make full use of hw acceleration. My point is, would ICS be smooth as silk on TPrime?

cwpang_musician

Reaction score
Don't we need to apply for import permit from TradeNet in order to buy from US? What would be the whole process like?

azzurri1980

Reaction score
I just ordered from site that has international shipping, our government will send u an invoice for GST if the product is over sgd 400.

cwpang_musician

Reaction score
I just ordered from site that has international shipping, our government will send u an invoice for GST if the product is over sgd 400.

Just some info to share with all:
1. Importing procedure
http://www.customs.gov.sg/leftNav/trad/Import+and+Export+Procedures.htm
2. Clearance of goods imported thru internet purchase
http://www.customs.gov.sg/leftNav/trad/cle/Internet+PurchasesPostal+Parcels.htm

Did you buy anything above $400 from US before? Did you apply for a permit last time?

azzurri1980

Reaction score
no, and no... I bought goods under 400 before but not from US...I have send items valued more then 400 using UPS from overseas before, i got GSTed.

Maybe i got lucky...

Do you have some experience with the customs that you would like to share?

cwpang_musician

Reaction score
Previously bought some speakers from US in ebay below SGD 150, so was not GSTed.

I have no experience in this yet, was hoping someone with experience in importing goods >SGD400 to describe the process.

Since you've already pre-ordered, when will you pay for it?

azzurri1980

Reaction score
The amount is on hold in my account, once the product is shipped it will be deducted.

As long as they have not shipped the item, you should be able to cancel the order.

azzurri1980

Reaction score
The price mentioned in your source probably refers to a direct conversion from the listed price on the US marker

32gb@ USD499 or 650SGD
64gb@ USD599 or 780SGD

but its unlikely(not that is not possible) that we would get that kind of price. If you do a check on the prices of tablet, most list price for 32gb wifi only tablets cost around the SGD798 range, except Motorola Xoom(@499 I think its a great bargain)

Ipad 2 32GB Wifi @ SGD798
Samsung 10.1 Wifi @SGD798
Sony TabletS Wifi @SGD798

Of course there are a few cheaper 10.1 tablet out there, but the key players are mostly in these range of pricing.

Looking at the Asus Transformer Prime specs, at least whats better from the competition, its definitely going to be in the pack for a while.
- Nvidia Tegra 3 Quad Core
- 8.0 mega pixel
- Thinnest design so far?
- Lightest so far?

Its likely that we would get a higher price compared to US, I think its the same for Australia and Europe, US usually get the best deals for some reason.

But don take my word for it, Asus would definitely bring the Prime here, its just a matter of time.

Anyone know how long did they take to bring TF101 to Singapore after the official release?

Last edited:

taurian

Reaction score
Just some info to share with all:
1. Importing procedure
http://www.customs.gov.sg/leftNav/trad/Import+and+Export+Procedures.htm
2. Clearance of goods imported thru internet purchase
http://www.customs.gov.sg/leftNav/trad/cle/Internet+PurchasesPostal+Parcels.htm

Did you buy anything above $400 from US before? Did you apply for a permit last time?

Hi, I believe the links you provided are under the sub-category of "Traders & Businesses". For consumers like us, I don't think there's a need for such permits. So far, I have ordered from the US a couple of times and have incurred GST once or twice. I guess it depends on your luck or whether the freight forwarder bothers.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.